My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Survie or +3 Agilite?

Go down 
+8
NixxxoN
ungfetitele
HongKongFui
AndreiTM
steele11
puppywhirl
mantis33
Teethymo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teethymo
Teethymo

Survie or +3 Agilite? Empty
PostSubject: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 13:47

Okay guys, opinions needed. PunchDrunk has leveled up and needs to make a decision: Survie or +3 Agility?

Last time through, I took +3 Agility and won the next tourney, so I don't know what comes after. He is currently F:7 A:21 R:1 with Intouchable, Perseverant, Armure, and Feline, meaning that he's already very agile and the agility would boost him to A:25. But his endurance is only 96 and he's got no shield so he's vulnerable to implacable and perseverant brutes.

What would you choose and why?
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 14:47

Implacable brutes are rare and perserverent brutes don't always attack multiple times. He has armor. Idk it's a tough call. I'd probably go with the agility. Sounds like a really good brute. What level?
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 15:22

Personally, I always take skills (except the injury-cost ones) over stats.

Survive to me, is a _really_ good skill, you might have armour and untouch, but
armour gets penetrated by heavy weapons and untouch is based on rng. (And
there's more anti-agility skills in this version)

Choice is yours though.
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 15:44

Survie can be the difference between a win or a loss were as +3 agi would not with your already high agi imo. Survie has won me a few fights I thought I'd lose.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 17:47

Yeah I'd probably go with survive too the more I think about it. One of my brutes has it and it has saved him a couple times.

Steele, I've played one of your brutes in the tourney yesterday with one of mine. I knew the name was familiar.
Back to top Go down
AndreiTM
AndreiTM

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 18:04

steele11 wrote:
Survie can be the difference between a win or a loss were as +3 agi would not with your already high agi imo. Survie has won me a few fights I thought I'd lose.

I agree with steele11, survie can be the difference in game.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 20:14

survie is one of the must haves... for me it's no question what to take :)
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 20:57

mantis33 wrote:
Yeah I'd probably go with survive too the more I think about it. One of my brutes has it and it has saved him a couple times.

Steele, I've played one of your brutes in the tourney yesterday with one of mine. I knew the name was familiar.

which tourney? padawan, Pichenette Desert or Baffe Richter? I have 6 brutes total. steele, steele-2, steele011, steele011-2, steele11, and steele11-2. I prolly lost right Laughing most of my brutes suck but steele011 is my best. 299 wins and no pay. The rest i have changed destinies and one brute still hasn't won the first tourney.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 21:25

I'm guessing it was a Desert because my guy was a low level which is why he lost.
Back to top Go down
ungfetitele
ungfetitele

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 23:20

survive,i lost once in a final,because the other brute had survive :)
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 23:24

I dont think survival is good, unless you have tragic potion aswell. I'd probably take agility.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 23:36

I would always select survive if it's only 3 agi (5 if you have FA). if it was a choice between survie and feline agility, that would be tougher to decide Razz
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 00:29

After this fight i'd say they both suck Razz

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/25174747?chk=c8ce

Mantis got his payback Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pdsharpj
pdsharpj

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 02:13

strait up... survival
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 05:01

steele11 wrote:
After this fight i'd say they both suck Razz

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/25174747?chk=c8ce

Mantis got his payback Very Happy

Lol, he was a man on a mission that game. He doesn't even have sixth sense even though it looks like it.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 12:49

Okay, you guys pretty much agreed loud and clear -- Survie it is, and that's what I took. Didn't help me against' RicaRica's flail, though.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 15:38

And I got bounced out in the first round of today's tourney too. Not only that, but I've gone a level beyond, and the next level choice was really uninspiring -- hache vs. +3 rapidite. Hache is not a bad weapon, and PunchDrunk had a rapidite of 1 before, but it's not exactly flail or frappe eclair, is it? Or bouclier, or choc, or arts martiaux, or any of the other things that he needs worse. I'd rather even have more agility, since that's what I gave up to take survie in the first place.

If my losing streak continues, I'll see what's on the other side of the +3 rapidite I took, and then next rank I'll have to rethink the choice of survie. Going with agility last time worked out great, and I don't know what the next step is on that path, I'm curious to see what's there. Unless something terrific is waiting for me next level, that's what I'll do.
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 15:50

I told you, survival is not very useful if you havent got tragic potion...
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 17:38

There may be something to that. It protects you very well against one big hit -- particularly important for agility brutes like mine -- but not well at all against many attacks. Since picking up Survie, he's run into brute after brute with stars -- either outright ninjas, or brutes like PunchDrunk himself who have stars as one of a few weapons. He loses every single fight.

Basically, his big weaknesses are pets (especially bears, which he loves to punch and punch and punch), stars (no way to stop them unless he's also using stars), and getting his weapons taken away. Survival does nothing in any of those situations. Then again, +3 agility doesn't do that much more either. We shall see!
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 18:59

NixxxoN wrote:
I told you, survival is not very useful if you havent got tragic potion...

bullshit omg

of course it's not THE superskill that lets you win each and every match (that skill doesn'T exist), but it saves your ass often... even without potion!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 19:30

Yeah, I don't think that Tragic Potion is so much the issue, but there is a different sort of calculation going on. It has to do with the fact that without TP (or Trappeur), Survival only gives you one hit. It can be a great big hit, or a little dinky hit. You're not likely to be killed by just one little dinky hit, it's usually a whole pile of them. So Survival is more likely to prove decisive if you're more likely to be killed by one big hit than a lot of little ones.

In the original game, it's clear that Survival is very important. The question is, is it still that important in the Muxxu version? Here's my thinking out loud.

Survival doesn't protect you from ninjas or wolves at all. It doesn't protect you from super-fast brutes with accurate weapons like the knife. It doesn't help you on offense and it doesn't help very much if your brute is slow.

Survival is very effective against heavy weapons like flail and hammer, and the piledriver and fierce brute. It's pretty good against bears, too, although it doesn't help you not attack them. It provides a good counter against anti-agility attacks like bomb, perseverant, net.

So, which are you more likely to face? I think it's a toss-up. The question then becomes 1) what else do you get in your destiny when you take it and 2) what do you give up in your destiny when you don't take the alternative. The immediate alternative is always going to be stats, and I think in my case the +3 agility was about the best possible stat boost. So the question of the rest of the destiny now becomes the crucial one.
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 22:22

HongKongFui wrote:
bullshit omg

of course it's not THE superskill that lets you win each and every match (that skill doesn'T exist), but it saves your ass often... even without potion!!!!!

Without potion it saves your ass often... just before losing in the next hit.
Back to top Go down
Psycausis
Psycausis

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 00:16

Pardon my ignorance but, are you guys talking about something other than the standard my brute game. I did see an earlier post where someone mentioned the muxxu version. Is that the version that is being discussed in this thread or is it something else?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm curious about this talk of being able to pick between skills and stats. Is that something like an option that comes with every level reached like in Zelda 2 or is there a special program required to make it happen?

EDIT: Ooops! You guys are discussing muxxu. Just found out that I clicked that section by mistake. Sorry if my idiotic interruption peed anybody off. I'll go back to a different section of the forum now. :oops: Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 12:00

Psycausis wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but, are you guys talking about something other than the standard my brute game. I did see an earlier post where someone mentioned the muxxu version. Is that the version that is being discussed in this thread or is it something else?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm curious about this talk of being able to pick between skills and stats. Is that something like an option that comes with every level reached like in Zelda 2 or is there a special program required to make it happen?

EDIT: Ooops! You guys are discussing muxxu. Just found out that I clicked that section by mistake. Sorry if my idiotic interruption peed anybody off. I'll go back to a different section of the forum now. :oops: Rolling Eyes

http://labrute.muxxu.com/

There's a guide around here somewhere if you don't figure out how to make an account yourself.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 13:07

Well, in the latest update, I pushed him past the next level last night, and he got... +3 Agility! Yes, so he ended up back where he started. And then he won the tourney and this morning he's a Poing! So in all this discussion, we neglected to mention that Agility also affects the number of attacks you get in one round, and that turns out to be really important for this brute. Watch him take down this wolf brute with four straight shots from the longsword:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/26261125?chk=ec8c

He's also scoring wins against bears, two in training yesterday and one in the semis. So I'm definitely going to turn away from Survival next rank and see what's on the other side of that agility pick -- with my luck, it's Survival!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survie or +3 Agilite?   Survie or +3 Agilite? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survie or +3 Agilite?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: Muxxu Version :: Rate & Level Up Help-
Jump to: