My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

strange problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OviTron
OviTron

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 19:27

ok so i got this strange issue
my bc runs about 15minutes and after that he gets stuck(ip adress already used)
and i runed my RouterReconect manyaly and i saw that he doesn't find my router so he can change my ip
what could it be the problem?

strange problem Router10
Back to top Go down
http://ovi-ih.mybrute.com/team/204064
OviTron
OviTron

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 10:22

no one wants to help?

King ovi
Back to top Go down
Teapot

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 10:44

I don't know how to help. strange problem Icon_silent
Back to top Go down
davidloko210
davidloko210

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 11:43

im not understand this reconnect
Back to top Go down
OviTron
OviTron

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 11:59

well if you dont know don't post Razz

King ovi
Back to top Go down
OviTron
OviTron

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 14:30

i am waiting an answer from sioc if its posible please

King ovi
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 16:17

Frankly I don't have much experience with that RouterReconnect.
For me this sounds more like a stability issue of the router due to high frequency of resets.

Just when the RouterReconnect.exe is stuck, is your internet working correctly?
My guess is that it is not the case. Then you would have to increase the delay in your config.ini as this seems to increase long-term (15 minutes can already be considered as long-term) stability of routers. It is sometimes also required in order to bypass some security schemes put in place by some ISPs (like mine).

Anyway as an empirical method you could increase a bit your delay and look if the problem tends to appear after more than 15 minutes then.
Back to top Go down
OviTron
OviTron

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 16:21

well my internet works fine when this happens but if i put delay 90sec then he will be stuck but not after 15min like it does at 10sec delay but at half an hour
maybe my routerRecconect is not so good and i have to get another?

King ovi
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 16:37

There are really many factors that may come into play. I was even told that sometimes the cause could be due to some old hardware your ISP is using in order to manage your particular connection (!).

In some other cases the ISP may check how many resets you got every period of time (1 minute, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc) and if that number exceeds a given threshold it will avoid further resets of your modem (used by my ISP).

Other protection schemes forbid the use of reset tools like curl (again, used by my ISP).

But definitely going from 10 seconds to 90 seconds and gaining only 15 minutes is not such an interesting option...

All that said here are some routes I may suggest:
  1. Do you still get the problem after a firmware upgrade?
  2. If yes, you may try some of the alternate routes here: the curl route seems quite easy imo and was working fine for me (except for that ISP protection).
  3. Finally the best route IMO that gives full control and may help narrowing down the problem would be to create a custom rock-solid router reconnect with Winautomation to reset the modem from its configuration page. You can then run it either using a virtual Windows installation or run BC on another computer.

If you still encounter these problems after having tested out the points above I don't see what would be the cause: either some piece of hardware your ISP is using (nothing you can do then), or your router has some defect (you could then change it), or your ISP has put in place some reset frequency security (nothing you can do - but to find out if such a security exists you may then try to put a delay of e.g. 600 seconds and watch if the RouterReconnect.exe problem still appears).
Back to top Go down
OviTron
OviTron

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 16:46

i don't think my routes has an issue because this problem is from when i runned bc first time
maybe is from the hardware of my ISP
i will try other RouterRecconect and if they won't work Sad
thanks sioc for your time and info,i apreciate it

King ovi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

strange problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange problem   strange problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

strange problem
Page 1 of 1