My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Twitchy & Scritchy

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 17:44

Here's a thread for a pair of brutes -- neither of them is really so great they deserve their own thread, but they're nice to talk about I think.

First up is Twitchy. He's a problem. http://labrute.muxxu.com/b/93981

Twitchy & Scritchy Screenshot20101208at115

That's his cell right now. He's got great offensive ability, nice skills, etc. He won his Padawan tourney at level 11. But each rank, it gets harder and harder for him to win the tourney and he's all the way up to 25 now with no victory in sight. He's had more great stuff in other paths; he's had MoA in one path, armor/vitality in another, leek in still another. But it's always the same: he comes on strong in sang-chaud, but then he folds up and dies because he has no defense. I could use some help with his path.

His partner is Scritchy. She's a machine. http://labrute.muxxu.com/b/94144

Twitchy & Scritchy Screenshot20101101at111

That's her cell when she won the Flamme tourney at level 18. She's now level 13 with armor, peau, shield, herc, glaive, baton, and she'll get MA back next level. A classic blocker/pounder, though she lacks contre. She's the opposite situation, her path is set through level 14 (and she won two tourneys at that level) and afterwards doesn't matter much. Last time she had 6th/lance, before that she had just stats, and both paths worked equally as well. I have two remaining paths I could divert onto at level 16.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 17:49

Here's an example for Twitchy. Here he is tearing up steele11-3 today:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/118024916?chk=e6d5

Now here he is getting totally owned by steele11-3, also today:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/117969644?chk=6f38
Back to top Go down
S4nt0S
S4nt0S

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 18:26

I think Twitchy is not good , if i was you i will do a new destiny .

Scritchy is good , can you please post her path here?
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 18:47

Scritchy's path in Flamme:

Baton [3 Rapidite]
Force Herculenne [3 Agilite]
Peau [3 Agilite]
[Hache] 3 Force
[Lance] 3 Force
[Hache] 3 Force
Glaive [3 Rapidite]
[Os de Mammouth] 3 Endurance
[Os de Mammouth] 3 Force
Bouclier [3 Endurance]
Armure [3 Endurance]
[3 Force] Endurance/Rapidite
Arts Martiaux [3 Endurance]
[3 Rapidite] Endurance/Rapidite
[3 Rapidite] Endurance/Force
6eme Sens [3 Agilite]
Lance
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 18:48

Geez, brats are only happy when it comes to immortal and untouch. Evil or Very Mad

But all the brutes are not like this. You have success and then you have failures...
Twitchy is not good as he is now but I don't think it's a desperate case.
I feel like I have more luck with my brutes or understand better the game.
My brutes in iron fist have never won later than lvl 22.

First, the cause of Twitchy's failure (according to me 🐱) is the stat structure.
I think you like agi too much. If you want to kill fast, it's better to invest in speed rather than in agi, especially if you have Sang early. Speed and Sang are close friends. A lot of your agi points are wasted.

Unlike Twitchy, Scritchy is not a failure. She's a tank. What's the difference ? She's boring but way more efficient. She reminds me Djanfi, a good brute without genius. You should try to find counter somewhere and she'll be way more interesting.

EDIT : I want Twitchy's paths^^
Back to top Go down
Caedes
Caedes

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 19:54

Twitchy would just need to find a shield to become a very good brute.
After shield the 2 most required skills would be an anti-weapon and agi fel.
Don't know when you get Bomb and Cri but you could get rid of one to get a subpath (bomb if possible of course).

Also it's kinda hard to structure a brute this low level.
You mostly get : something you want / stats
something you don't want/ stats
It's not like the few double stats choice you usually get by his level would change how your brute is. But well maybe he got 5 of them, but I really doubt that.

And yeah Scritchy, nothing to say else than find counter !

By the way, any links with Groenning's Itchy and Scratchy ?

Last edited by Caedes on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 20:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 20:29

Yeah, Itchy and Scratchy were taken. :) I think you mean that Twitchy needs a shield, and Scritchy needs counter -- they already have the other.

It would probably help to post Twitchy's path. The first part is pretty set.

[Glaive] 3 Rapidite
Force Herculenne [3 Rapidite]
Trident [3 Endurance]
Epee [3 Rapidite]
Cri-qui-poutre [3 Force]
Fouet [3 Agilite]
Sang-chaud
6eme Sens [3 Endurance]
Peau Renforcee [3 Agilite]
[3 Force] Rapidite/Force
Bombe [3 Agilite]
[3 Agilite] Rapidite/Endurance
Contre [3 Rapidite]
[Massue] 3 Agilite
Arts Martiaux [3 Force]
[Couteau] 3 Force
[Glaive] 3 Rapidite
[3 Rapidite] Force/Agilite
Potion Tragique [3 Rapidite]
[Couteau] 3 Agilite
[Massue] 3 Agilite
Sai [3 Endurance]
[Chien B] 3 Agility
[Filet] 3 Endurance

His high agility in this path is really just an artifact of turning down various weapons and the dog, I didn't try to guide him that way. I've explored the path diverting just after bombe, that gets him the leek and not much else. I've explored turning down both 6th and Peau (strangely, peau vs. force shows up after 6th no matter which I choose) but I haven't explored picking one and not the other.
Back to top Go down
S4nt0S
S4nt0S

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 20:37

U can do a subpath at 18
[3 Rapidite] Force/Agilite but still is so high for do a subpath , maybe u can do a subpath in coutea vs +3 agility
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 21:03

Don't feel like helping Scritchy. Subpath way too obvious. :)

Twitchy my dear friend, gonna have some work. 🐱

My personal favorite subpath by far would be there :
Epee [3 Rapidite] I don't like épée... especially without shield + counter.
You have some nice things after but they are not essential for your brute.
I want to make a turtle out of him. Very Happy

Then the less risky path :
taking 6th sense and then taking str instead of thick skin.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 21:14

And Twitchy lost again! Sigh.

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/118082820?chk=34b6

S4ntos, I see what you're saying. Bombe, contre, and MA are really good to have and he'd keep them in this path. I really hesitate to take couteau or glaive because his other weapons are so much better and he doesn't have maitre. But I'm thinking of giving up on peau instead, or else taking 3 Force just before bombe. There are many, many complications right around there.
Back to top Go down
Caedes
Caedes

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 21:28

Quote :
I think you mean that Twitchy needs a shield, and Scritchy needs counter -- they already have the other.

Yep, switched the name for the whole comment :p
Edited that.

[3 Force] Rapidite/Force Lvl 11 <====== Just to see what's behind
[3 Agilite] Rapidite/Endurance Lvl 13 <===== Just to see what's behind
[Couteau] / 3 Force Lvl 17 <===== If nothing else works
[Glaive] / 3 Rapidite Lvl 18 <===== Best subpath
[3 Rapidite] / Force/Agilite Lvl 19 <===== Normal subpath

Those subpath plus the one you told about (decline 6th than peau) would be the one I would try (Logical one heh Very Happy)

The level 18 one picking up glaive is actually the best one to find a shield. (I know you already have good weapons + MA, but well glaive synchronise with your counter, your 6th sense, would make you twice more happier finding MoA and would be great if shield pops out)
The others one I would take just to explore in case of but I do actually think than he's on his good path.

Really just need this shield to become a very good turtle and 2/3 other things to be a top one.
He's actually really closer to be a top brute than his partner in my opinion.
The following analysis is expecting you to find the shield, I know you don't have so it's talking with "if" but frankly, you're very close of getting THE turtle brute.

Counter: Required
SangChaud: Turtles rely on weapons to counter and 6th, vandals won't be such a big deal anymore.
6th Sense: Awesome with long range weapon, you happen to get 3 of them including a 1st rank one and a 2nd rank one.
FHerc: Damages !
Potion: Nothing to tell about it
Good Agi specially without AgiFe: Turtle worst nightmare are heavy weapon (and sided with choc it's your nemesis), dodge is a way do deal with it.
MA: Just in case..

Your weapon set is awesome for this kind of brute:
Epee => 6th sense, +% parry, high damage, if stolen nothing to worry about unless shield off, no % parry weapon in hands and opponent get good hit % against you
Trident => 6th sense, +% parry (?), good damage, if stolen not this much to worry about
Fouet => 6th sense, +% dodge (?), multihit+disarm, if stolen nothing to worry about unless shield is off and no % parry weapon in hands
Saï => +% parry, multi+disarm, if stolen not this much to worry unless shield his off and no % parry/ 6th sense weapon in hands.

You get Cri+Bomb to remove those pets making you lose turns with your average speed (wich isn't this bad..)

As I said before, you have a crucial requirement to be a very good brute: shield. The good point is than it's not this rare and you get chance to find it fast.
Once you get it, the things wich could make you a top brute in my opinion are:
- Increvable: best counter brutes has to focus on str + agi, heavyweapons own you, this is the key.
- Choc / Tête (Choc is awesome for obvious reasons with counter and 6th sense) (Tête against heavy weapons and maybe a bit more efficient against leek wich would be your nemesis)
- Agi Félin/Untouch: To deal with heavy weapons => Pugnace: If you're on the dodgy way.

Last edited by Caedes on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 21:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caedes
Caedes

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 21:37

Tama wrote:

Epee [3 Rapidite] I don't like épée... especially without shield + counter. Isn't it the requirement for a Turtle ?
You have some nice things after but they are not essential for your brute. Counter ? Surprised

Even if I agree than the épée subpath is the earliest one and would be the wiser trying to have a better brute at same level than he's now, it's probably the worst wanting to make out of him an insane turtle.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 22:01

Caedes wrote:
Tama wrote:

Epee [3 Rapidite] I don't like épée... especially without shield + counter. Isn't it the requirement for a Turtle ?
You have some nice things after but they are not essential for your brute. Counter ? Surprised

Even if I agree than the épée subpath is the earliest one and would be the wiser trying to have a better brute at same level than he's now, it's probably the worst wanting to make out of him an insane turtle.

You don't know that cats are the most impatient pet when they want to eat ? 🐱 Counter without shield is nothing and it's lvl 14 if I'm right. Butter without bread is not really tasty.

In flame right now, I'm surprised that the level is this low. Tsukihime doesn't really have anything special in her subpath and made it twice to 1/2 lvl 17 and 18. Flame is the right rank to try something risky. Gaulois, from Jojo's account has just won that rank yesterday :
http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/117837878?chk=2755
Do you really think he's a monster ?

You can always try an old timer's path (for example not taking knife) but I don't think it will be the best. But taking knife + glaive was a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Caedes
Caedes

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 22:54

Quote :
Counter without shield is nothing and it's lvl 14 if I'm right. Butter without bread is not really tasty.

I agree. But you'll agree with me than he get a load of good things here to make an awesome brute, only crucial thing missing being quite common.

How much rank is it from flame to the last one ?
Because depending on that I would search a shield in a small levels area (between 5 and 10 depending on the subpath) instead of spending a rank in almost a new destiny.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 23:11

Awesome brute... Good yeah. Awesome I'm not sure.
Counter comes late (lvl 14) and MA (lvl 16). His weapons are good that's all. Sang, you can really live without it.

From flame to BL : you have berzerk, hemo, sword, biceps, dentist. Total : 7 destinies
I think with a subpath lvl 5, he would have more opportunities to find a shield.

Seunghee for example had counter lvl 7 in a destiny in Richter and finally won her tourney without it lvl 24 ! Shield may be common but depends on the brute !

I must admit that I am a kamikaze (literal translation : divine wind) : new destiny with Koneko in berzerk Very Happy (a good one fortunately). But taking a little risk with subpath lvl 5 in flame is nothing. 🐱
Back to top Go down
Caedes
Caedes

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 07:19

You can live without sang, but turtle are like ninjas, they're scr**ed without their weapon and their shield.
Any brute with sang chaud + vandal / choc / saï .... can remove your potential before the match "starts".
A skill coming late isn't for me a factor if you're not on the BL's race.

But having this much destinies left, it would be the time to do this kind of change just to see, you're right on this point and won't hurt this bad if nothing come's out.
But from statistics and looking for a turtle I still think than it'll be harder to find bouclier+contre+sided stuff than combine in 20 levels than a shield in 7 levels.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 16:51

Okay, let me focus things a little bit for Twitchy. I'm really not interested in taking a subpath before level 9, because I like him having those nice weapons and sang-chaud, he wins a lot of matches in that first rush and dangit, it's fun.

So the earliest change I'm going to consider is dropping 6th sense -- no matter what I choose at that level, peau comes next, so either I'm going to drop 6th and keep peau or keep 6th and drop peau. I'm leaning toward the latter, because 6th enhances all three of his weapons. If that doesn't work, I'll reverse it in berserk.

I know that more risk brings more upside, and I know I've got a lot of ranks left to go, but I've already done several really different paths with this same starting point and I know that there's tons of different paths to be explored with this type of brute because he's already had so many.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 18:44

So today, Twitchy loses in the second round to a level 10 brute -- who happens to be one of PunchDrunk's alts!

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/118388206?chk=3ed1

Ugh, pitiful.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 17:04

Twitchy loses again in the second round because he wouldn't use his cry against the bear.

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/118829317?chk=bc7e

Sad, sad. Tomorrow he'll be 26.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 17:18

His next subpath won't be a luxury...
Except for Kitty, all my brutes have won before lvl 26.
Lvl 25 was my worst performance. But I'm still waiting for Shiro to win her tourney. (lvl 20, dominant feature : likes to lose finals, two in a row).

She was so lovely in Pada : http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/94278470?chk=5d76
I miss her last path. Sad
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 20:00

Okay, let's switch to Scritchy for a moment, because she's got MA back and one fight away from a decision. It's a spot where I've got two levels of stat/stat choices, I've explored two of the combos and not the other two. So my choices are:

+3 Rapidite followed by +3 Agilite
or
+2 Endurance and +1 Rapidite followed by +3 Rapidite

No idea what lies beyond either of these two combos. So do I go for the added endurance to get behind her static defenses, or grab the agilite to make up for her total lack of it?
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 20:24

I would go for the endurance/rapidité path. A fast tank doesn't need too much agi.

Furthermore, hp always a good thing for a tank. You try to strenghen your strong points before covering for yours weaknesses. 🐱

But the most important thing is the choices behind these stats. You must open Pandora's box to see what's in.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 18:39

What Tama said. Scritchy took endurance/rapidite and 3 rapidite, making her stats now:
Vie: 113
Force: 25
Agilite: 3
Rapidite: 6
She's not exactly destroying the world right now, but we'll see what turns up next level. Best she's seen so far is 6th sense/lance, last rank. Naturally I'm hoping for contre.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 18:43

Twitchy finally won his tourney the second day into level 26, where he took... I don't know, some stat. He's now level 6, soon to be 7, and he'll be following the same destiny until level 10.
Back to top Go down
S4nt0S
S4nt0S

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 19:16

Great, now u can do a subpath, wish you luck on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twitchy & Scritchy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitchy & Scritchy   Twitchy & Scritchy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twitchy & Scritchy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: Muxxu Version :: Brutes Threads & Destiny Analysis-
Jump to: