My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

High level gameplay

Go down 
+3
demono3
ckl
Noop
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noop

High level gameplay Empty
PostSubject: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 19:21

What's the difference between low level gameplay (maxing out at 15-20) compared to high level gameplay (40+)? Would some brutes, for example ninjas, be obsolete by then? What brutes would dominate? Key skills, weapons, stats?
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 09:58

skills are the best without any doubt

and after, the stats
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:22

And weapons?
is it better to just refrain from taking few medium and wait for ONE verry good?
Or on higher levels - it is not that important (since you said 1.skills, 2.stats... so weapons come last?)?
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 17:06

demono3 wrote:
And weapons?
is it better to just refrain from taking few medium and wait for ONE verry good?
Or on higher levels - it is not that important (since you said 1.skills, 2.stats... so weapons come last?)?

YES Wink
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 17:50

Thank you :)
I am doing just that. But so many brutes (even the ones that actually have quite good weapons or skill sets) took most of the weaopns offered to them - on low levels levelling up is a pain... I dont know why people who have sais or flails or swords or even axes get bumps and mamooth bones, knives etc - and I see those weapons quite a lot... Sad

Next time when my brutes with +agi+speed-no-weapons loose to some bumps-hatchet-mamoothbone oponent I will go here and read that - and tell to myself "it is all for the greater good"...

And I had bad experience with leek as my only weapon and whip as my only weapon, which made me doubt that truth for a while... since they are consivered verry good weapons, and my brutes werent doing so well with them - but I guess I didnt have stats and skills that should work along with them...
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 18:17

Generaly, once you have MA, you can afford to refuse some weapons which do not fit your brute. But you can have 5 weapons lvl 50, it's not a big deal. It can help you againt thief, disarming...

Don't forget that in most cases, the brute who has a weapon in her arms has the advantage. Taking knife, bone or the little sword for example may be useful, if you need a particular property your brute is lacking.

The brutes who dominate the game need accuracy, disarming, boosts, MA, Shield, counter, hot blood...
Weapons... the best ones. Very Happy

Ninja are not obsoletes but I don't think they are the best for leveling up. In the French version, the best brute is probably Katgirl : https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/15/66/98/04/captur12.png

Not perfect but still very good. Time sure flies ; before I was kicking her ass all the time ^^.
IMO she still doesn't have enough hp though.
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 18:42

Tama wrote:
Generaly, once you have MA, you can afford to refuse some weapons which do not fit your brute. But you can have 5 weapons lvl 50, it's not a big deal. It can help you againt thief, disarming...

Yeah, but if you are offered only bumps, mammoth bones, broadswords, batons and lances... having those 5 wont do any good.
The brute you gave screenshot of - has broadsword but she has weaponsmaster too - so broadsword is quite good then. And even though hatchets arent considered good - they can deal good damage and I havent seen them being evaded much.

Well, if I accept bad weapon I will probably change destiny of that brute when ranking up, so accepting it seems like a waste of easy rank, because I will always wonder if next level he wouldnt be offered something better...
Like my ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ :
Her destiny:
Broadsword + 3 strength
Knife + 3 strength
Knife + 3 endurance
Herculean Strength + 3 speed
6th Sense + 3 speed
Cry of the Damned + 3 speed
Baton + 3 strength
Axe + 3 strength

Before axe she had no weapon at all and I was soo tempted to take Baton... If I did it I would miss axe totally because I was planning to change her destiny (no MA, no weapon for 8 levels... it was hard getting her wins - she has only 22 victories and all the brutes from my team around here ranked up already and are more or less her level - but next rank...) .
Well, axe isnt epic weapon, but it deals good damage (now with my 21 str I am managing to one-hit-kill most oponents). And it is way better than those offered to me before.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 19:36

The mammoth bone is by no means a bad weapon. I'm not especially fond of it but I know some players who like it. Broadsword is a basic weapon which become one of the best weapons if you have the right abilities. Bumps is the worst weapon in the game. I don't like baton. Lance is OK, trident is better. I hate axes that's one of my redeeming features.

In your destiny, you can try broadsword or knife... But your destiny is not wonderful. It depends on what you want to build too. I have a lot of patterns in my head and when I'm not happy with a brute, new destiny is a clean way to give me hope.
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 19:47

Tama wrote:
But your destiny is not wonderful. It depends on what you want to build too.

I know, I know... but You didnt meet my other brutes - they have far worse destinies than that... She is my 5-6th best brute right now. So I wont change her destiny - because there is a high chance of getting something far worse...

Let me introduce You then to my Veronique:

(the green fields - is what I took for her)
High level gameplay Baddestiny

She is lev7 now and has 3 wins... (1 win on lev1 and 2 on lev 2... then all loses everyday)
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 20:24

Quote :
So I wont change her destiny - because there is a high chance of getting something far worse...
Gné ? It would be difficult to find something worse. Very Happy

It's a pleasure to meet Veronique, all the more since she has a french name. ^^
You're not lucky. But you haven't understood that once you don't find what you want, you must manage to do something with basic weapons.

I'll show you for example, a brute where I decided just to create something offensive :
Moon : https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/15/66/98/04/captur15.png

Another example Shiro (no particular idea when I created her) : https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/15/66/98/04/captur16.png

My choices are in red. It's in french but you should understand more or less.

In fact, you must take some weapons to develop your brute (if you don't get MA early), and the key-word is coherence.

Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 20:37

Tama wrote:
[
Gné ? It would be difficult to find something worse. Very Happy

I was talking about ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ - the one with axe now. She is not that bad...

Tama wrote:

You're not lucky. But you haven't understood that once you don't find what you want, you must manage to do something with basic weapons.
In fact, you must take some weapons to develop your brute (if you don't get MA early), and the key-word is coherence.

Yes I donk know how to manage with worse weapons... But how can you plan coherence at low levels?
If you are lev 1-5 you donk know which way your brute wold develop, so you dont know which of the common weapons would suit him most... and even if you sacrifice one rank to learn that about your brute - you cant just take early weapon next rank because it will change all the destiny choices... I cant figure out what to do with my brutes without herc str, hammer, MA, wolf?bear or good weapon - given early enough... and those kind of brutes are rare for me... I am a bit afraid of taking lance, hatchet etc early, because lot of more advanced people here say that thaking bad weapon to unlock road to better one is verry bad idea...
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 00:42

well i can think of one simple rule which can help with such problems at low levels without good weapons getting offered.

1 - IF you get good weapons in the first 4-6 levels offered , accept them and refuse all bad ones.
2 - IF you didn´t get any good weapon till lvl 7 offered , then you must change destiny no matter what you will get after lvl7, so at this point start accepting bad weapons (Knife, Br-Sword, Baton, Hachet, Lance) but just only to make the process of ranking up faster nothing more than that.
3 - Never take the Bump or Mamouth bone!!!
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 08:58

Rico wrote:

2 - IF you didn´t get any good weapon till lvl 7 offered , then you must change destiny no matter what you will get after lvl7, so at this point start accepting bad weapons (Knife, Br-Sword, Baton, Hachet, Lance) but just only to make the process of ranking up faster nothing more than that.

Yes. I figured this on my own now. It seems to be the best way unfortunatelly... Although I always wait untill lev 9... it is just that feeling that if I wait just a bit more - I may get something good.

But I have a brute that on lev 12 got offered Axe (it is not the best weapon but I definitelly consider it worth taking) - and before that she had all stats (vs bumps, mammoth bones etc - so I took only stats) - and she didnt suddenly change from verry bad to good. She still was bad (but not verry bad) - so even if you get something good on higher levels - if you had crappy choices on low levels - you wont suddenly become good with one-two good choices. You would have a lot levelups to catch up to the good brutes. That is why changing destiny is really the best option...

Back to top Go down
Noop

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 15:10

Rico, what are your thoughts about the original subject?
Back to top Go down
justsomerandom

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 19:11

In high levels, stats are offered more often, rite? (cuz skills and weapons are already taken)
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 19:39

Noop wrote:
What's the difference between low level gameplay (maxing out at 15-20) compared to high level gameplay (40+)? Would some brutes, for example ninjas, be obsolete by then? What brutes would dominate? Key skills, weapons, stats?
well in my opinion there is a big diffrence , but we only can see it with good brutes. for bad destinies they wont do better at higher levels compared to low levels. but this is related to bad weapons taken at low levels. that is why it is ideal to have only 2 weapons till lvl20 and only good ones.

ninjas are deffinitly not very powerfull at higher levels because there are many Skills that can overpower them. (they are only powerful at low levels and against average brutes) but against any sabotage, shock, Iron head , sai , counter-shield, untouchable, immortals and high Agi brutes they are very weak. the only exception would be an untouchable Ninja like Lud0 in FR or the Immortal Ninja like PallMall in FR.

you can add these Powerful Skills at higher lvls (imo in this Order and the first 3 are a must have) to any type of brute like Immortal, Counter-Shield or untouchable to make him able to kill most of the brutes in his training:
First Strike, MA + Herculean Strength, Tornado of Blows + Feline Agility , indestructible, Armure + ThickSkin, Shield , Shock, Thief , Hostality, Tragic Potion

and at higher levels most Skills with the cost of one injury become very usefull. like "sabatuer" (disarms one weapon automaticly) Cook (- 2% damage for evry attack) Trapper (eating Pets) and my favorite Back up Wink

i admit you will lose the fun of joining tournies , but the fights you will have will be less boring and more fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 19:57

Rico wrote:

and at higher levels most Skills with the cost of one injury become very usefull. like "sabatuer" (disarms one weapon automaticly) Cook (- 2% damage for evry attack) Trapper (eating Pets)

Trapper does not cost one life... does it?

Also I have chef on few of my brutes. My max level was 13, so maybe not really high, but I didnt really saw that be usefful (except of one finding a ninja oponent - it was great fight for me)

Also - saboteur does not always work... I had it active few times and sometimes it sabotages first wepon, sometimes middle weapon, sometimes last weapon, and sometimes (not that rare as you would like it to be) it does nothing through whole fight... I think the skill that is not 100% sure to work is not really worth 1 life. If being high level you can freely afford loosing one life for a skill and still getting 10 figts daily easily, you probably didnt need this skill at the first place... Am I right?
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 21:59

Trapper doesn't cost one life.

Chef is crappy, saboteur too.

Trapper is really interesting with 3 doggies, a bear and indestructible *-* and untouch why not but I never got a brute like this unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 05:15

Tama wrote:

From my experience I would agree.
But I never was high level and/or high rank so what Rico said (and he? is almost always right) made me wonder a lot...

I wont choose saboteur ever again (really not being active on 100% fights pisses me off too much) but I wonder about chef... :mwé:
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 05:22

Tama wrote:

saboteur is the worst slill, but with sang-chaud it could be nice.. (because when saboteur disarm the opponent, he lose -100 initiative and he lose that turn almost every time)

chef is very nice at high levels. I had a lvl 60 with chef and I can say that it realy helped me :)
but at low levels, is awfull
(except vs ninja ofcorse) Razz
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 12:25

about Chef , i am just waiting till RicaRica can reach a lvl where she can train against Katgirl and then we all can see how amazing it could get, Cook + Back up + Fierce Brute + Flail can defeat any brute no matter how great he/she might be.
but of course as i wrote before it gets only interesting at high levels!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 12:46

Rico wrote:
Katgirl

What this brute have that is so amazing?

PS: I am not planning to create french muxxu account again. The twinoid update is too much for me to go through all the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 23:39

If only twinoid could let me watch a mybrute muxxu fight. I hope it'll be possible a day.
It should be.

Chef only adds a green color for bored high level brutes. It really isn't great but it may be fun.

There was a legend in the french muxxu, cats have nine lives so they are bound to be immortal.
And it was quite funny to see that the 3 best immos in the game were called :
Katgirl, Hello Kitty and MissCAT.

For a long time, Kat (bis sis) was the best immo (first dentist for example). Then later in legend HK became better but decided to cut ears while Kat was still leveling up.

And in the end, the best brute in Legend remains an immo. You can see her cell here : https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/15/66/98/04/captur18.png

Back to top Go down
justsomerandom

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 02:29

^ do you know if those 3 cats are owned by different people? (one of them is urs rite?) Cuz it can be possible tat it is not a coincidence. it can be the same person who multiaccounts alot and is obsessed with cats. Therefore you have three great immo brutes with cat names. idk lol
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 06:18

Thanks a lot Tama. But you sent me friends request and I am on com and you are on FR... I am hoping there would be possibility for mingling com with fr in the future then???

And You all see - again the best brute that has hatchet and broadsword (ok she has weapons master for this last one)... so really declining all common weapons isnt the best way to go... I am so confused right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High level gameplay   High level gameplay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High level gameplay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next