My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

[Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script

Go down 
+9
Stsin
Cowdude179
silverx123
Rippraff
invertioN
vollaufdienuesse
sinib
Subman(R)
ESCGoat
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ESCGoat

[Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Empty
PostSubject: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 22:03

Version hisory

1.2 - very minor update to correct handling of single and multiple dots in and/or at the end of pupil names (hopefully)
1.1 - initial support for FR/ES (labrute.fr, elbruto.es) added
1.0 - initial release

Original Post/Description:

Hey gang,

Been using this script for quite awhile alongside MyBrute Manager... it does one simple thing: turns pupil creation and levelup messages into clickable links to the pupils' cells. It dawned on me a while ago I should probably share it and been meaning to do so but there's no file attachments on this forum and I didn't want to confuse people by posting just the code. So I just uploaded it to userscripts.org finally and you can download/install it from here:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61189

At the moment it only supports mybrute.com but I can add in support for ES/FR if that's wanted.
(Support for ES/FR added as of version 1.1)

Other possible additions I've thought of include an option for copying the pupil name to the clipboard and some other stuff I don't remember at the moment, lol. I do want to keep it as simple as possible.

If you have any issues/comments/suggestions feel free to leave them here.

Bonus tip: works well with other link handling plugins. For example I use the ReadMeLater plugin to store links to non-xp pupils that I might want to look at later without having to go to their cell at the time.

Cheers,

esc-g

ps. If you found this script useful... do a little dance, make yourself some pupils, get down tonight, get down tonight. Or whatever. geek

Last edited by ESCGoat on Thu 12 Nov 2009, 16:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Subman(R)
admin
admin
Subman(R)

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 22:16

Did you think it would noticed at userscripts.org that fast? My gratitude for your efforts.
Back to top Go down
http://submans.shutterfly.com/
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 22:46

Subman(R) wrote:
Did you think it would noticed at userscripts.org that fast? My gratitude for your efforts.

Lol, not a chance. Thanks for posting about it... always on top of stuff! Not much effort involved in this one... but your gratitude is appreciated nonetheless! :)

esc-g
Back to top Go down
sinib
sinib

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 22:47

nice post :)

it helps alot ^^
Back to top Go down
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 23:21

nice work ! :)
Back to top Go down
invertioN
invertioN

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 00:11

this is awesome
Back to top Go down
http://bulgarian-kreedz.net/
Rippraff
Rippraff

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 01:40

Thank you ESCGoat, really helpful. :)
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 02:40

nice thank... cheers
Back to top Go down
Cowdude179
Cowdude179

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 07:49

Really nice work! Thanks ESCGoat! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdfdffff.mybrute.com
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 08:23

Works great :)

ESCGoat wrote:
At the moment it only supports mybrute.com but I can add in support for ES/FR if that's wanted.

Please do Bounce
Back to top Go down
tia-gf
tia-gf

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeFri 06 Nov 2009, 22:15

pls add fr and es
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 21:21

@Stsin and tia - will do (I'll add ES and FR), recovering from a bad bout with the flu at the moment but I'll post a note here as soon as I get around to updating it. Shouldn't take long but I'm still extremely tired and trying to get caught up on a ton of stuff so I might not get to it immediately. Thanks for the input!

esc-g
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 23:40

Okay, found a little time to add a few lines of code and uploaded the update which can once again be found at:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61189

I haven't tested it extensively so let me know if there are cases it chokes on. If anyone really wants the tooltips ("Click here to visit the pupil") localized for some reason just give me the proper translations and I'll add them in.

Oh and if you're upgrading from version 1.0 and don't notice it working on FR/ES, make sure that it added the following entries to the "Included Pages" in Greasemonkey's script manager for the MyBrute Pupil Linkifier (Go to Manage User Scripts and click on the entry on the left):

Code:
http://*.labrute.fr/cellule*
http://*.elbruto.es/cellule* 

If not, just add them manually.

Enjoy...

esc-g
Back to top Go down
Rippraff
Rippraff

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 00:19

Works like a charm on all three sites, ESCGoat! cheers

I had nothing to do manually just installed the new over the existing one.

Great work! Very Happy

PS. Get well soon!
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 00:32

Awesome, thanks for the feedback Rip!

And yeah, think I'm gonna give that getting well thing a try. Wink Much appreciated. :)

esc-g
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 00:39

Thank you. Works great.

And hope you get well soon too :)

Eat some hot hot hot chicken soup.
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 09:19

No prob Stsin and thanks for the wellwishes! :)

As a quick update, I've found a case (which I suspected) in which the script fails. It doesn't hurt anything, it just rewrites the pupil name part of the link incorrectly in this specific case so you end up linking to a non-existant brute and being redirected to the main page. Obviously it's not a frequent occurrence and isn't likely to even effect you if it hasn't yet but I'll release a minor update to fix that case soon anyway.

I started thinking of adding little icons or simple links next to fight log links so you can go directly to the brute's cell by clicking on it rather than only being able to click the link to view the fight. But then the idea was to keep this script really simple. I'll have to dwell on it a bit while I work on other stuff... thoughts either way would be appreciated.

esc-g
Back to top Go down
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009, 15:06

=] good idea, and thx for this tool !
Back to top Go down
http://www.ajdija.com
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009, 16:13

Another minor update:

Version 1.2 is now available and fixes problems the script was having with incorrectly reformatting the names to links for pupils that had dots in their names such as esc-g.pupil42 or more extreme cases like dotdot..dotdotdot... hehe.

This version hasn't been thoroughly tested so it's not worth updating if you never see pupils with dots/periods in their names. Some people do tend to use them regularly though I've noticed. I'm again almost completely certain I know of names that might not work correctly but they're extremely few and far between.

Still, if you have any problems, or come across pupil names/links that don't work properly just let me know and I'll see what I can do! :)

esc-g
Back to top Go down
kenichiro
kenichiro

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009, 01:42

Thank you esc-g!

BTW, I must be slow. I just now realized that your name is short for escape goat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
YaniS

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 17:35

i don´t know how can i use it :-?? u can tell me how ? i´m noob with those things :-??
Back to top Go down
http://www.gfxalliance.com
Rippraff
Rippraff

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 23:04

Hi ESCGoat,

I can't get v1.2 working, it still ignores the dots in pupils names which results in an error.
I've tried it in two ways: Installed it first over the existing one, then I've deinstalled the whole script and reinstalled afterwards, still doesn't work. Sad

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 07:18

If the dot is alone in-between letters, then the url is with a dot.
If with a space, then the dot and space uses '-' in the url. The odd characters (#$%^&* etc.) are ignored.

For example:

NameURL
Dr.Spockdr.spock
Dr. Spockdr-spock
Dr.*#%Spock!dr.spock
Dr.*#% Spock!dr-spock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script   [Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Rel] Pupil Linkifier Greasemonkey Script
Page 1 of 1