My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Brutal Borg (Alpha)

Go down 
+23
NixxxoN
UrieL.HoNGo
taitoune
rayS
r1sTeN
Neutrino
dentdesabre
mystorage
10b
hbomb2003
Dentist Jed
mpadosouza
silverx123
Tze
BobTheBear
Crator
Subman(R)
Eumigen
HongKongFui
ESCGoat
Gavy™
NippleLuvs
niall0s
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
niall0s

Brutal Borg (Alpha) Empty
PostSubject: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 16:25

Early days yet but i've now got auto fighting and pupil creation working :)

For those who don't believe me, here is some proof
Brutal Borg (Alpha) Brutlborg001.th

Special thanks to MU for helping me get the algorithms for generating the keys
Back to top Go down
NippleLuvs
NippleLuvs

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 16:28

That works on static ip, dynamic ip or proxy?
Back to top Go down
niall0s

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 16:35

Same rules as Brutal Combo apply...

The only way to create a pupil that will give you exp is:
The IP address you are using has not been used to create pupils before

So even if you are using a proxy, if that proxy IP has been used to create a pupil (well 2 actually) the pupil you create will not give you exp.

As for the auto fighting, it works on any connection as your IP does not matter.
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 16:39

wow that's nice .. so is this program uses server ? i believe that the current version of BC is serverless. if I'm not mistaken Taitoune mentioned it in the french forum .
Back to top Go down
niall0s

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 16:48

Brutal Combo uses a server to genetate the keys (k and magic in my screenshot), that's how it sometimes gives the creators brutes pupils (and why you get a webservice unavialable error sometimes in BC).

It doesn't use a server to do the fights.

I'll probably do the same thing........

FYI the server that BB is connecting to in the screenshot is the mybrute server, it needs to do that to create pupils Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 16:57

I see.. Hope you'll release it here. so we could try it out.
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 17:57

So basically this is going to be an alternative to BC that you're scripting in python? Sounds good to me as I hate hate hate Java, love python. Wink Or are you going to use something else and the python script was only for testing purposes? If any help is needed in development there are at least a few of us around here that are coders so just say the word if you'd ever like any help.

Quote :
Brutal Combo uses a server to genetate the keys (k and magic in my screenshot), that's how it sometimes gives the creators brutes pupils (and why you get a webservice unavialable error sometimes in BC).

It doesn't use a server to do the fights.

I'll probably do the same thing........

I assume you mean that it'll connect to a server of yours. I can think of reasons for doing so (though I wish this wasn't necessary). Mind if I ask what your reasons are specifically?

Regards,

esc-g
Back to top Go down
niall0s

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 18:10

ESCGoat wrote:
Or are you going to use something else and the python script was only for testing purposes?
I was just using python to make sure the algorithms were correct and it all worked. I might continue to use python or may use c++/c# havn't really decided yet...

ESCGoat wrote:
If any help is needed in development there are at least a few of us around here that are coders so just say the word if you'd ever like any help
I may take you up on that, i don't know how much time i can put into this. I became obcessed with finding the algorithms and now i've found them i'm not sure what to do Very Happy

ESCGoat wrote:
I assume you mean that it'll connect to a server of yours. I can think of reasons for doing so (though I wish this wasn't necessary). Mind if I ask what your reasons are specifically?
Hehe, there is only 1 reason and it's probably the reason you're thinking of Wink
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 18:46

congratz mate and respect!!
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 18:56

niall0s wrote:
ESCGoat wrote:
Or are you going to use something else and the python script was only for testing purposes?
I was just using python to make sure the algorithms were correct and it all worked. I might continue to use python or may use c++/c# havn't really decided yet...

I can think of arguments for both. As much as I hate to admit it, python/perl and other certain scripting languages are actually terribly efficient and much faster to develop in when it comes to web stuff (especially cross-platform). I would have never chosen either over lower level languages a while back but things have changed with the times.

niall0s wrote:
ESCGoat wrote:
If any help is needed in development there are at least a few of us around here that are coders so just say the word if you'd ever like any help
I may take you up on that, i don't know how much time i can put into this. I became obcessed with finding the algorithms and now i've found them i'm not sure what to do Very Happy

lol, I know what you mean! So often I become obsessed with finding out how to do things, figuring out the entire implementation, and then just losing interest or having already exhausted myself on it before even starting the actual work. Anyhow, I don't have loads of extra time in the immediate future myself but drop me a pm anytime and I'll do what I can to help out. :)

niall0s wrote:
ESCGoat wrote:
Hehe, there is only 1 reason and it's probably the reason you're thinking of Wink

Well, actually my main reason would likely be for safety to have some measure of control if the program started being really abused somehow or causing problems in a way you hadn't planned. I'm a security nut though so I'm guessing your reason is different, lol. Pupils perhaps? If that's the case, how would that part of it differ from bc?

Congrats on your progress so far btw!

esc-g
Back to top Go down
niall0s

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 19:07

ESCGoat wrote:
Well, actually my main reason would likely be for safety to have some measure of control if the program started being really abused somehow or causing problems in a way you hadn't planned. I'm a security nut though so I'm guessing your reason is different, lol. Pupils perhaps? If that's the case, how would that part of it differ from bc?

Well they are two sides of the same coin, i respect the authors of mybrute and if the algorithms got out in the wild that would ruin the game for everyone. i.e. you could spam their servers creating pupils. So by making the client connect to a server under my control i can 1. stop abuse 2. get a little bit of pupil payment for my effort

I'm thinking of implementing some type of reward system, i.e if you are using the bot create and level brutes you would be added to the creator/leveler pool.

These pools would take a % of pupils being created but every time you create a pupil for someone other than your slots 1 and 2 you would be rewarded by being given this pupil back from someone else using Brutal Borg. Much more fair than then brutal combo guys way of just taking and not giving back. This exchange would especialy work well when say a .com person is given back a pupil from a .es or .fr (more likely the ip will not have been used in that domain)

I'll see when i start testing if this works out
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 21:27

niall0s wrote:
Early days yet but i've now got auto fighting and pupil creation working :)
Great job you have got my RESPECT Twisted Evil
Fine to know that there is a alternative after BC-WebService ...

greetz
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
Subman(R)
admin
admin
Subman(R)

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 21:44

I'm DSL with a non-changing IP. Tried the modem reset and it did not change. Looking deeper (ATT) Brutal Borg (Alpha) Sterb191charges an additional $15 to have a static IP, I don't pay that.

Looking for someone to alpha or beta test I'm willing.
Back to top Go down
http://submans.shutterfly.com/
Crator

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 22:00

Hey congratz to you!
First time to get it is the hardest (BC time), but second is not that easy.

I'd offer my help with coding as ESCGoat did but... I'm a bit noobie so... I'm just asking for a part of the code to learn from it, if you are ever ready to give a part of it out.

Again, good job Razz
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 22:43

Subman(R) wrote:
I'm DSL with a non-changing IP. Tried the modem reset and it did not change. Looking deeper (ATT) Brutal Borg (Alpha) Sterb191charges an additional $15 to have a static IP, I don't pay that.

Looking for someone to alpha or beta test I'm willing.

By the sound of it, I'm 99% certain you have a sticky ..... not static .... IP.

Most people that think they are static are not. They are sticky.

You are not tied to a specific IP address .... which is what static is.

But your ISP does marry your IP address up to a MAC code at the client end (ie .... you) for a preset amount of time. (The "lease period".)

When this time is up, your ISP checks what that IP is connected to as your end. If it finds the same MAC address (ie. the same modem/router/whatever) then you get the same IP back again .... hence, it is sticky.

If you changed to a new router tomorrow, it would give you a new IP as the MAC code in the new router would be different so it would allocate you a fresh IP.

Depending on your ISP/router it is possible to make this almost true dynamic. Some routers allow you to alter their MAC code through their admin page. If you can do this, then reset the router, you should get a new IP. Record the process with something like WinAutomation, save it as an EXE ...... and you have a reconnect file! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
niall0s

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 00:15

Bit of progress today, wrote a custom python lib wrapping around httplib and socket to allow fast threaded connections to the My Brute Servers without flooding them with requests (most likely the cause of BE)

Turned out really well :)

5x faster than brutal combo at training, uses less bandwidth and puts far less strain on the Mybrute servers as i'm reusing existing sockets.

Brutal Borg (Alpha) Brutlborg002.th
Back to top Go down
Tze
Tze

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 01:05

Wow, great progress, 5x faster than bc at training? That's super fast Shocked
Back to top Go down
niall0s

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 01:28

Yeah, I’m pretty happy with today’s "work", hours of playing with wireshark Very Happy (great tool btw)

The single threaded version is about 2x faster than brutal combo as well. I will give an option of how many threads you want to use (number of brutes to train at the same time) as the benefit you gain is based on your connection speed and pc spec.

For instance, the best results I get on my home connection (20mb/1.5mb) and laptop (p4 2.8GHz - Win XP) is setting the threads to 10, it starts to get slower with more than that. That's what I’ve shown in the pic above.

Just tried on my work box, (100mb/100mb) connection (Quad core Xeon 2.66GHz - Debian) using 20 threads it does about 26 pupils per second Very Happy i.e it did the above test in 15.324 seconds.
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 01:47

wow..pretty goodd.... cheers
hope will realise soon.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
mpadosouza

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 03:35

hey niall0s, are you planning to release this in public or?
Back to top Go down
Dentist Jed

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 07:23

I would love to help beta test this. Hint Hint.
Back to top Go down
hbomb2003
hbomb2003

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 07:46

wow. good work Very Happy

yeh. i second dentist jed. i can test it too ;P
Back to top Go down
10b

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 08:13

Can't wait to see the release. Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 08:27

yeah, when is the official public release? Laughing
Back to top Go down
dentdesabre
VIP
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 09:54

niall0s wrote:

5x faster than brutal combo at training, uses less bandwidth and puts far less strain on the Mybrute servers as i'm reusing existing sockets.
Pretty cool. Brutal combo is also supposed to reuse sockets (20 parallel, non configurable to avoid flloding MT servers) but, since it was quite fast for the time, I never actually checked with Wireshark : I guess I must have missed something in the Java htto library...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brutal Borg (Alpha)   Brutal Borg (Alpha) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brutal Borg (Alpha)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next