My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

First Tournament Won

Go down 
+35
Crator
danmfj
Troll_Lady
Stsin
maxuris
Cowdude179
Pege
juan6666
Rico
cbarron
Biceuri®
Teethymo
kaspar4o0o
Subman(R)
AndreiTM
HongKongFui
asian_girl
NixxxoN
ellindor
GOML
n1kos84
Vic-Tim
harpyieklein
ALPHWON
puppywhirl
xteenager
Rouchien
bamb@m
Ultra SSJ Vegeta
Sioc
BobTheBear
Aylove
A Dip O Sitas
vollaufdienuesse
Yaboirobby
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

First Tournament Won - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 15:39

yay got my first Sticking Plaster Ripper cheers

here the final fight (lvl 11 vs. lvl 13):

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/7290573?chk=6f81

ninja power Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 17:18

OMG, Voll, no offense but do you realize you're using the cheapest possible trick? It's practically exploiting a bug in the system to have a brute with shuriken as your only weapon. Boo hiss.
Back to top Go down
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 17:45

why should it be a bug in the system ?
i would love to have wolf/bear and a flail but hey.
i got shuriken and did not want another weapon.
imo it would suck if you HAD to choose between 2 weapons ....
its the game and i can say that i will ever choose the same destiny with this brute.

do you also say its a cheap trick if you get flail and wolf/bear ?
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 17:49

its not a cheap trick, but its incredible how lucky you got with all that shuriken spam considering you got only 3 speed....

Btw today i almost got Sticking Plaster Ripper, if not for a feking wolf that attacked me like 1000 times in a row and I couldnt use the anti pet skill soon enough No

Last edited by NixxxoN on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 17:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 17:53

i think its not just a fact of speed how often you throw.
agility says how often you hit your enemy in 1 attack and he has 8 agility Razz
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 18:06

It's neither cheap nor a trick to get a flail and a bear, both of those are very rare and very powerful and it's very unlikely to get them together.

Shuriken, however, is a fairly common weapon. Not as common as glaive or knife or club, but about as common as morning star or halberd. Much more common than flail, hammer, trombone, mug, pan, whip, etc. etc. Thus, it's cheap. Not so common to get it first, of course.

It's a trick because you only get this effect if shuriken is the only weapon you've got (or the last one in your inventory). Otherwise, it's a pretty weak weapon. Which means you consciously have to turn down all the other weapons in order to keep using the shuriken only. You're exploiting this imbalance in the game math in order to watch your brute win fights in the most boring way possible. I mean really, what's more boring than watching your brute throw 60 shurikens one at a time?

And it's not a bug in the game, but it definitely is an exploit of a weakness in the system. The weapon was not designed to be used by itself, it's designed so that your brute will use it a few times and then discard it for something else. If there is nothing else to discard it for, you'll just keep getting free turns over and over until your opponent hits that 10% chance to have a turn, or else you kill them. And you know this, and it's why you've only got one weapon even though the game has offered you several better ones, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 18:24

That's how it has always been with My Brute. I've purposely stopped leveling a brute with shurikens so she can defeat brutes 10 levels higher in tourneys on My Brute, as a level 1-3. IMO, no more game breaking than getting a wolf or flail at low level. Especially that shurikens aren't as helpful at higher levels.

Arguing that it's boring is like arguing about hyper agiles being boring. Dodge dodge dodge.

The way Muxxu is setup, sticking with one weapon is a viable option since it's mostly low levels now. And adds more variety for opponents to watch for than the standard pet or big weapon brute. Also destroys those not adding to speed Wink

So this is my first Ninja tourney winner:
First Tournament Won - Page 8 Msfit.th
I forgot to screencap the actual tourney bracket. But saved this to remind me of which skills were chosen.
The fierce brute skill is kinda of a waste with her. Still took her awhile to win the final.

My other two tourney winners:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 18:51

It hasn't always been this way on MyBrute. In order to get a brute with only shurikens as a weapon on the old MyBrute, you have to stop leveling the brute. That means your level 3 brute can beat brutes 10 levels higher, but she'll never be more than level 3. Her stats won't improve, her health won't go up, she won't get any more skills or pets. On Muxxu, that's not true. You can keep shuriken as your only weapon and turn down every other weapon, and if you see other skills come along you can take them too. Only don't take thief!

In fact, the only thing that can beat you as a shuriken-only brute is a brute with thief skill, or impact skill, or vandalisme skill that manages to hit you before you draw. You can also get disarmed by a lucky shot, but of course it's rare. You can also get plastered by a heavy weapon or pile driver, waste shots on a bear, etc. etc.

But there's a big, big difference between a level 3 brute with min stats and shurikens as the only weapon, and a level 15 brute with half a dozen skills and souped-up stats and a pet or two. Imagine a shuriken-only brute with 300 endurance points, armor skin shield vitality potion survival, martial arts cry hypnosis untouchable feline agility herc strength. THAT could never happen in MyBrute, but we'll see it all over the place soon enough in Muxxu. I won't be surprised to see all of the top ranks filled with brutes like that, because no ordinary brute will be able to fight through tourneys filled with them.
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 19:15

yes you're right for sure, but this is how i treat ninjas:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/7061830?chk=0c41

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/5561049?chk=e158

Wink
Back to top Go down
asian_girl
asian_girl

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 19:56

wow harpie you have 2 wolfes :O

the second fight was cool Razz
watching your wolf dodging was really funny Very Happy
_____

yupppiiiiee my asian_girl finally got desert batterer cheers

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/6982965?chk=543d
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 20:06

Quote :
In fact, the only thing that can beat you as a shuriken-only brute is a brute with thief skill, or impact skill, or vandalisme skill that manages to hit you before you draw. You can also get disarmed by a lucky shot, but of course it's rare. You can also get plastered by a heavy weapon or pile driver, waste shots on a bear, etc. etc.

I don't think it's that extreme... it's sometimes nerving, but

a- I haven't met many of them until now and I play it for 2-3 weeks now
b- I have a brute like that (second destiny of my muxxu- dio-s4i) and he is far away from being my most successful Razz
Back to top Go down
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 20:17

after reading your posts it seems like you are just kind of jealous that you dont have such a brute.

i totally agree with stsin. if you say shuriken is boring then hyper agils are also boring.

and to say there are just "few" rare possibilities to beat a shiruken brute is idiotic. why did my brute needs to be lvl 11 to get to the new rank if hes nearly "unbeatable" getting shurikens @ lvl 1 ?

there are more ways to beat a shuriken brute than a high strenght brute.
this is not my only brute and even if this brute takes the shuriken just @ the first strike it has no chance against my lvl 11 brute with str 22 and you cant say that the possibility to get strenght is rare ...

shiruken is and was all the time a good weapon @ low levels.
just compareable to agility @ high levels.

and another fact: does your brute take his weapon everytime ? mine does not !
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 20:24

[quote=\"asian_girl\"]
the second fight was cool Razz
watching your wolf dodging was really funny Very Happy [/quote]

yeah, i enjoyed it too, guess my opponent didn\'t Laughing

& grats for your batterer!

Last edited by harpyieklein on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 20:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 20:28

asian_girl wrote:

yupppiiiiee my asian_girl finally got desert batterer cheers

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/6982965?chk=543d

gratz btw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 20:47

Stsin wrote:
Arguing that it's boring is like arguing about hyper agiles being boring. Dodge dodge dodge.

Thats a fact Laughing

Hyper agiles are ruining the original mybrute with their borefest. nothing more satisfying than watching them getting pwned by knifes or deluge
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 09:06

finaly i am Sticking Plaster Ripper cheers
and i am only Happy because i get to change my creapy destiny.

the final was against Flail Brute though, who hit me 4 times with it , but he still lost cheers
http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/7531342?chk=34c2

any one think i should keep my path i got Untouchable at lvl13??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 13:57

Okay, okay, maybe I'm overstating my case -- ninja brutes are not invincible. It just seems to me they punch way above their weight. If your brute has only shurikens, you're going to do 40-60 points of damage every time you take a turn. Flails and hammers can do more damage, but they also miss, make you slow, and are much more rare. Shurikens rarely miss, they're probably more accurate than any other weapon in the game, but they're only meant to cause a little bit of damage, not massive damage.

The only thing that bugs me is that shurikens behave very differently when they're your only weapon than when they're one of many weapons you have. With the Muxxu level-up model, it's possible to manipulate your brute to take advantage of that different behavior in a way that's not possible with other versions of the game. It's not a bug, it's not cheating, but it is a sort of exploit that I just find distasteful. That's only my personal opinion, I'm sorry if some of you feel insulted by that, but I just wish that Muxxu would fix it. And they're probably not gonna!
Back to top Go down
Troll_Lady

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 14:14

I have one with only shurikens as a weapon. She does all right, but she's not GREAT. The only other weapon she's been offered is glaive and I chose meditaion instead. She's a sticking plaster ripper and when she wins her next tourney, I'll take the same destiny again.

I don't know how to add an image.....
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.annexcafe.com
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 14:31

Well, if the only other weapon you've been offered is the sucky old glaive, you get a pass then!
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 01:24

Contre is a really nice skill.

After picking it up, it was enough for my brute Spunky to win the tourney:
First Tournament Won - Page 8 Spunkytwin.th
Semifinal - http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/9384797?chk=8af9
final - http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/9401605?chk=14bb
Back to top Go down
danmfj
danmfj

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 01:54

I have a lvl 7 ninja that has not had any other weapons offered to him.
He only has 33 wins, so he has had his share of losses. The furthest he has
made in a tournament is 2 rounds, but I think he just got bad draws.
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 03:06

That's normal. Shurikens are not overpowered as he says. Just looks like it at level 3 or so, yet no one is going to win a tourney at that level now. There are so many other types that defeat them. Took my ninja to level 11 before getting lucky enough to win with it. Also relying on other skills like martial arts, health pots, and feline agility.

I took the same destiny with my Ninja and she's lucky to get past round one now, when dealing with other brutes that have already won a tourney. .ie shurikens aren't great against well skilled brutes.
Back to top Go down
Crator

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 09:29

lol Stsin, I'd say you won that tourney because of martial arts, not for contre xD
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 10:17

Omg I just won 2 tournies in one day LOL
My best one is Sticking Plaster Ripper now! And without paying! I keep the same path I think its a good balanced one
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 20:13

Ironically, my "sucky" #2 brute (~65% win ratio) won his first tournament earlier than my #1 brute, which has won about 80% of his fights so far.

What an exciting final battle! I seriously did not expect him to win.
http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/9460779?chk=c4f2

NV 15
101 HP 10-13-5
---
Weapons: Sword, Sai
Abilities: Feline Agility, 6th Sense, Tornado of Blows, Shield, Tragic Potion
Pets: Dog

Chose New Destiny (honestly I didn't think this combo was that great *shrug*)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Tournament Won   First Tournament Won - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Tournament Won
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next