My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

TIps on high-rank training

Go down 
+2
Tama
Teethymo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teethymo
Teethymo

TIps on high-rank training Empty
PostSubject: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 20:50

Some strategies I've developed for making sure PunchDrunk levels up as quickly as possible. Feel free to contribute your own.

1. Use jetons. If you're not already using jetons, you're probably not a very high rank yet. Sad but true, you need to use jetons, and you need to use them every day, or else just resign yourself to staying way behind the leaders.

2. Get a renforts brute in the same account as your main brute. It's no mistake that all the top players have large accounts with renforts brutes, sometimes more than one renforts brute for use at different levels. Personally, I'm working hard to pop one by leveling up 5 other brutes in this account.

3. Get an espion brute, in any account. Being able to screen your opponents before you fight them is invaluable for leveling up quickly, especially at lower levels when neither you nor your opponents are at full strength. And that easy brute you killed yesterday may have gotten a big bonus overnight and become a killer today.

Now for the practical stuff that anyone can use.

4. Get to know your opponents as well as you can. Watch their fights, use your espion if you have one, watch the tourney brackets so you know what each brute is good at. In particular, get a good sense of which brutes you can beat and which ones you can't, especially the ones nearest you in levels.

5. Okay, now think. You have up to 20 fights -- 10 free, 10 with jetons. You don't have to win 20 fights, just play them. Of course, if you lose the first three, you don't get to continue. But if you win the first seven, you can lose the last three and still get all your fights in. And you can do this twice, so you can lose up to 6 fights per day and still get just as many levels as if you won them all. I use the following pattern.

1. Start out the day by fighting the WEAKEST brutes in your training arena. Not necessarily the worst ones, just the ones you know you can beat most easily.
  2. If you make it to seven without any losses, STOP. If you've lost one, wait until you've fought eight and then stop. If you've lost two but managed to get nine fights in, stop before your last fight.
  3. You're now at the point where it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, so pick the STRONGEST brutes in your arena and get your butt kicked by them. Pick brutes you have no chance of beating. When you go back to the arena, those brutes will be gone, and with luck they'll be replaced by brutes you CAN beat.
  4. When you've done 10 fights, hit the hospital button and start over, fighting the weakest brutes in your arena. When you get to the end, fight stronger ones again.

The reason why this works is because there's almost always more brutes who COULD appear in your arena who are below you in levels than above you. But they're not likely to appear at first; you're usually going to get the brutes that are closest to you. But each time you fight a brute, it gets replaced in the arena by another, and the next brute is more likely to be lower in level (and thus weaker) than you. Of course, it's not always weaker, so when you get to seven, you target the brutes you can afford to lose to in order to get them out of the arena and clear up three spaces for weaker brutes you need to beat. So when you get to the point in your fights where you can afford to lose, make sure you target the brutes you most want to get out of your arena.

A final note -- this strategy works better on your first ten fights than your last ten, because it makes the last ten easier than the first. But it's worthwhile using it on your last ten fights too, because you get to test yourself against tougher brutes to make sure you're really not going to beat them. If you identify a brute as unbeatable but you start beating them regularly, then move them to the other list! You will also get a better sense of why a brute beats you and therefore which brutes to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 17:23

Nice work.

Kitty is a bad student because she hasn't any spy or renforts for the time being. She has just 2 friends in her account and I'll think about adding a new one. 🐱
I'll try to get a lot of free jetons for this purpose.
I have just tried jetons since Sword lvl 7 for Kitty. Sad but it's the only way to be upper than brutes far worse than ours.

Teethy wrote:
there's almost always more brutes who COULD appear in your arena who are below you in levels than above you
That's right but only if you are in a very high rank.

For the remaining, I do the same things. But, unfortunately, my 20 matchs a day starts lvl 16. Or it's really a "Xteen" luck.

I have just had a new renforts today for my new project but she only gets renforts lvl 13 -_-

Last edited by Tama on Fri 15 Oct 2010, 19:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 17:53

Yes, Tama, excellent points. I'm finding that out as I experience the pain of being a newbie PunchDrunk again. Yesterday I ran 14 fights, today 11. Sucks.

This I think is due to two issues. First, when you're low level, there's not enough brutes in your rank to fill up the arena. That means the game is drawing brutes from lower ranks like hemo and sword into your arena, meaning that pool of potential brutes is exceptionally large and no amount of strategizing will affect what you get.

The second thing is, all this strategizing goes out the window if your brute isn't front-loaded enough. PunchDrunk is nice and front-loaded through level 5, but after that he falls behind, and levels 6-11 are very tough for him to find brutes he can beat, even ones of lower level. At 12 he starts catching up again and the strategy starts to work again.

There's one other bit of math in the mix -- when you're level 1, you only have to fight other level 1 brutes. When you're level 2, you can get level 1-4 I think, and after 5 you're basically drawing from your level plus two above and two below. When you reach level 16 or so, you start drawing from three above and three below, and that's when this strategy really shines because the strong brutes are a lot stronger and the weak brutes MUCH weaker than you.

PS -- can some of you high-rank folks provide some data about what levels you draw from at each level in rank? Go into your brute's training and look at all the opponents levels, report the highest and lowest along with your brute's level. I'll collate the answers here and make a chart. You don't need espion to see a brute's level but you do need to click on their cell.
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 18:02

Teethymo wrote:
There's one other bit of math in the mix -- when you're level 1, you only have to fight other level 1 brutes. When you're level 2, you can get level 1-4 I think, and after 5 you're basically drawing from your level plus two above and two below. When you reach level 16 or so, you start drawing from three above and three below, and that's when this strategy really shines because the strong brutes are a lot stronger and the weak brutes MUCH weaker than you.

Shocked

All the opponents I've fought in the arena have been at my brute's exact same level and rank. But then again, he's only a lowly Ame de Berserk (LV 18) and there are plenty of equals at this standing.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 18:15

Markus wrote:
All the opponents I've fought in the arena have been at my brute's exact same level and rank. But then again, he's only a lowly Ame de Berserk (LV 18) and there are plenty of equals at this standing.

Hihi, that's quite normal, I think you need to be at least sword (and perhaps biceps) to have different levels. For Teethy and me, it is a crual daily reality to have to fight a brute lvl 8 when you are lvl 4...

Teethy wrote:
PS -- can some of you high-rank folks provide some data about what levels you draw from at each level in rank? Go into your brute's training and look at all the opponents levels, report the highest and lowest along with your brute's level. I'll collate the answers here and make a chart. You don't need espion to see a brute's level but you do need to click on their cell.

No problem Teethy but it will be the same thing as you experience every day. I have looked on our daily menu and I have only seen a little bit of biceps and a lot of swords.

Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 18:41

Yeah, I should clarify that there's some algorithm that tries first to pull in opponents of your same level at your rank; after that, opponents of the same rank at higher and lower levels. But it won't give you a level 15 to fight if you're only 5; at some point it shifts to opponents of a lower rank at your level. I'd like to find out the boundaries of that second one. So this will only work for you if your brute is a rank where there's fewer than 8 brutes of your level at your rank. I have a couple of flames and they get full rosters at their level.

Luponero is level 19 and there's only two others in sword at that rank. Noise and steele011 are level 18, oogieboogie is 14, Rico and Rica are 11. I'd like to know the ranges of opponent levels in your arena, after you've done your first set of 10 and are well into your second. So check it at your 20th fight if you can, or when you have 2 blessures, and tell me the highest and lowest levels in your arena. My guess is that Rica will only draw in 8-12, steele and noise will draw levels 16-20, and luponero will draw levels 16-22.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 22:49

I said something stupid. Kitty is sulking now. In fact, I forgot it but she gradually becomes better so leveling up is only difficult during the hp collect lvl 12-13-14. Consequently, 20 matchs today (thanks to the immortal effect, even herculean martial arts tickles Kitty). But Brocliande's trident is still quite something. Crazy... I just wonder why this brute isn't in the top 10 yet. With something like shield + counter + martial arts + trident +6th sense + hercu (15 str) lvl 10 Urrrrrggggg.

For your information, these datas are not perfect (because lvl 6 only lasts for 3 XP) :
lvl 6 : opponents lvl 4-7 (MissCAT has just graduated from sword and it still takes biceps in priority)
lvl 7 : opponents lvl 6-10
lvl 8 : opponents lvl 7-11
lvl 9 : opponents lvl 5-13 (El Martopikor)

I kicked a lot of butts today^^. Just some accidents on the way with an immortal/vita (364 hp) who went berserk with its fierce brute flail.
Btw, when I was still in sword I drew Indica (lvl 27 or 28) at the end of my training when I was lvl 22 I think.

Last edited by Tama on Mon 18 Oct 2010, 11:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 12:18

noise level 18, she gets level 19-21
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 08:59

Teethymo wrote:
My guess is that Rica will only draw in 8-12, steele and noise will draw levels 16-20, and luponero will draw levels 16-22.

lol not true at all Rica and Rico both lvl11 now and they missed fighting low lvls since Hemo. i gess i never have been able to fight a lower lvl than me in Sword EVER. they both are fighting only couple of lvl11 and then the new opponents lvls on the List of 8 Opponents gets up to lvl14.
i never managed to win more than 14 Fights a day in sword till now Sad

and about the Thread generaly , i agree with all of it. i started ding all of these things in Flame. but now i realize that renforts is the real fun in high Ranks and lvls.
now i have 3 renforts in RicoRicoĀ“s Account. too bad i can use only one renforts Brute a day but i kind of have perfect collection of renforts and still searching for more in low lvls .
1st sang-chaud (lots of bugs cheers ) , 2nd Meditation (untested yet , could be with bugs too) , 3rd Counter+Impact.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 15:57

I am so jealous of your renforts brutes, especially now that PunchDrunk is in mid-level hell. Eight fights today, ten yesterday, nine the day before, 12 the day before that... and no relief in sight for two more levels, probably five more days of this crap. Meanwhile all my other brutes suck bad (except for the newest) and no renforts in sight.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 10:52

Renforts is useful but if your brute make wonders, it's not really a problem.
The game is really messed up in Biceps.

Lvl 11 : I was confronted to lvls ranging from 6 to 16 !

Fortunately, Kitty does better than Punchy : 20 matchs today, 15, 16 and 20 before.

But I wonder why MissCAT has disappeared? My cat friend bouhou! 😢
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 15:00

I admit, I got up to 19 fights today -- some very good seeds against some tough opponents, and moving up to level 11 got me to 21 agility, able to take out some better brutes including Hello Kitty! I threw two fights against the toughest brutes in my arena and actually beat one of them, Brocliande, because she threw her trident early. Then the game started pulling in crappy brutes from Sabre and I took out a few of them. So the strategy is starting to work again for me, and only 13 more fights until I get Intouchable back.

I also got to kill three level 6 brutes while I was level 10, but the highest level brute I saw today was djanfi and Adritaker, both level 16s that I only saw after leveling to 11. I wonder if it has to do with there being no Biceps brutes at level 15?
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 16:09

I was just watching some matchs with brutes who were challenging my kitty during their training.

Dernier Mohican was fighting against Kitty :
http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/95402442?chk=2b5b

He is lvl 20 whereas I am lvl 11... Really easy to level up in these conditions.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 14:29

Level 12 today, and I'm fighting brutes from levels 8-17. The next below that is level 6, I haven't been given any of those, and the arena is filling with swords instead. Yesterday I got some level 6s, so maybe I'd get some 7s if there were any.

So good to have untouchable back. Only got 18 fights, but it just feels so much better.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 14:57

Lvl 13 : lvl 8-19 for the moment
The strongest brute in my training list was AngeLudo.

20 matchs today after some good seeds. 15 yesterday. Better rythm than back in sword.
Some swords are really promising.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 16:02

Yes, some of those low-level swords are quite nasty! PunchDrunk does have significant trouble with bears and wolves until he gains back his speed at about level 14-15, then when he gets MA and peau he actively seeks them out. Vakol is surprisingly good too, ninja-thief with vitality and implacable, I can beat her because of the level difference and untouchable, but she beat me yesterday!

I also made a mistake that cost me a fight, I had one to throw at the end of 10 and I chose Abrarakoursix, despite the fact that I am heavily favored to beat him now. I beat him easily, when I could have taken a sure loss to Brocliande and squeezed one more win into the second set by fighting Abra then, and perhaps an easier opponent would have replaced Brocilande. Must remember to take my own advice.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 10:07

Lol, I prefer to fight Abra over Brocliande, at least I have a possibility to win. I need at least to be level 16 to kick her ass one fight over 7 Razz
Vakol hasn't managed to beat me yet but I must recognize she's quite good.

Level 15 : 8-22
I was relieved to see some lvls 8 at the end of the training because I didn't want to be forced to fight Kemkem. I absolutely want to kick Silent's ass a second time. This guy is more lucky than Xteen and it's quite frustrating. Evil or Very Mad

Good training in biceps for the moment. 20 matchs for 3 of my 4 last trainings. I will recover choc in 5 XP^^. 🐱 Then HP/spd and after I don't know yet...
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 07:58

Well, it's started for me.

I'm not sure whether this was triggered by virtue of being a Sword Swallower, or the lack of brutes at my level. I checked the Sword Swallower ranking and there are definitely more than eight brutes at LV 5.

mantis23, then a LV 8 Sword Swallower, appeared in my arena while cbarron11 was LV 4. So that's a 4-level difference already.

Thanks, teethy...I'll be sure to follow your advice.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 17:34

Time to level up. Fast, very fast, faster than the sound, faster than the light. 🐱
Kitty has done a new record today : 30 XP.
I didn't know it but you can go to hospital twice when you upgrade your rank. Once in Biceps and once in Dentist.
Silpelit helped Kitty a lot with her spy ability. When you're lvl 4 and you see a cell with sang chaud + vandalisme + martial arts + FE, you're not going to fight her. Very Happy

Look at this link : http://labrute.muxxu.com/ranks?rank=10
You can't see Kitty ? 🐱 Where's the problem ?
There is no problem. You should see 13 brutes... but the ones you can't see are retired.
"Retraite" if you prefer, is a fantastic way to avoid brutes with upper lvl doing easy XP fighting against you.

This is the ultimate tip for high-rank training you must know. Kind of perfect for the Brutal Legend race.

Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 17:41

Yes, that's the ultimate tip, but be aware, you can't retire your brute when you're entered in a tournament. So if you want to do this in the top rank, don't enter the tourney or you'll be stuck unretireable until the tourney runs.

It'll also be interesting to see when there's 50 or so brutes in the dentist tourney and then suddenly 20 retired brutes try to jump in all at once!
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 16:14

Time to resurrect this thread with the new trick we've discovered, detailed here:

https://mybrute.forumotion.com/t10928p30-fight-the-same-opponent-multiple-times-a-day#156322

Basically if you have an account with many brutes, you can run training for your other brutes until your main brute's arena resets, and that way you can fight easy brutes more than once a day.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 15:00

It occurs to me that these two tricks are somewhat in conflict. If you use your losses to remove tough brutes from your arena, then reset your arena by training other brutes, you've just put those tough brutes right back in, haven't you? I suppose you have to decide whether your current arena is better than the one you started with -- if you've got lots of high-level brutes hanging around, it's probably not, but if you've broken into the lower ranks and there's lots of low-level brutes to beat, you're better off not resetting.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 15:20

Yeah, that's exactly it. In fact, I have been using this for a long time without knowing it.

But resetting is something you must do only when you can't more or less won against anyone in your arena. If you do it at the wrong time, you can lose some precious XP on the way. Sad
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 15:21

Tip 1: never fight chuck norris if he is in your arena
He is learning his roundhouse kick skill
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 15:38

I managed to beat Chuck today in my first set. But then I took three unexpected losses from Nex, GrosseTete, and I think Orsited and only got 6 fights in the second. Even though I had beaten all three of those brutes in the first set. So resetting turned out badly, though it looked like the right move at the time. I was hoping to fight Chuck a second time but I never got the chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIps on high-rank training   TIps on high-rank training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIps on high-rank training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: Muxxu Version-
Jump to: