My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)

Go down 
+45
CaptainNintendo
Yaboirobby
xGREEDx
guncan
bamb@m
silverx123
hubabuba
MaximilianKohler
jose13
Neutrino
Deathwok
Stsin
baarker182
atnix
XxerykxX
kingg Daddy
zolcalibur23
Satellite31
Alexisonline
svea_
bloodyBlizzard
Kisuke
Yarken
neo_geo74
hayden84
Crator
ojune
1ceBabe
Rygl
FREDDY
Lone Wolf
steakdaddy
jutescycle
shark9r
kaixxpzs
cOpLT
Anylopectina12
mantis33
Charlie Jones
dicklips7
TR359
lostrophet
Ossionic
BobTheBear
heroinmonkey
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kisuke
Kisuke

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 09:07

does it work on vista?
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 10:17

v9.0 (the version my script is written in) is not certified to work with Vista.

v9.5 is. (Supposedly)

Last I heard from him, Lone Wolf was still having trouble with it. But he was using a version of 9.5 he'd found .... on Vista.

The line 159 problem is definitely it failing to identify the browser. Not a problem I have, or can replicate, with my setup. I'd need to install IE8 I suspect and I'm not going to do that as I know IE8 still has "issues". While I'm happy to help where I can, I have no itention of breaking my own setup to try and fix other peoples!

I do have a second PC. If I can find a copy QTP v9.5 that I can get working properly, then I'll install that on my secondary PC along with IE8 and see how that goes.

But, thats not something I'm going to do in 5 minutes. (I don't get paid for this!)

As it stands, the best solution I can suggest to try downgrading IE to v7 .... sorry. I can only dircetly support anyone running a similar setup to me (XP pro + IE v7). If you are using a different O/S and browser (and this is Microsoft we're talking about here .... they have enough trouble with backwards compatibility with their own stuff ... never mind other peoples software!) there is only so much I can do I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 10:23

i use IE sometimes.. my XP is slow
Back to top Go down
neo_geo74

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 10:51

alright thanks for trying to help, its just a pain in the butt manually creating 2000 pupils and only giving me 2 exp each. anyway, its really late now and i'll give it a try on the living room computer tomorrow. (which has windows xp)
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 11:15

neo_geo74 wrote:
i'll give it a try on the living room computer tomorrow. (which has windows xp)

Thats sounds like a good option!

Even better if it's running IE7 as well!
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 11:38

how do i run the script?
ill try to do this on my secondary computer.. which has xp..
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 12:16

rexxar12345 wrote:
how do i run the script?
ill try to do this on my secondary computer.. which has xp..

Rolling Eyes

Are you serious?!?!?

Read this thread!

Read the "READ ME" that comes with my script when you download it.

Once you have done all that, if you have any SPECIFIC questions .... post them on here!
Back to top Go down
steakdaddy
steakdaddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 16:35

rexxar12345 wrote:
does it work on vista?

I am now running it on vista and IE7. It is working fine for me, but I have gotten into the habit of rebooting the machine at least once a day or I will start seeing some odd app hangs.

I think it is due to a timing error when attempting to load IE, but I am still trying to figure it out since it is very hard to repro.

Hey Bob, when is that updated script coming out btw :?:

I have a code mod suggestion that I want to show you, but I can not post it until my daily runs are done.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 19:55

steakdaddy wrote:
Hey Bob, when is that updated script coming out btw :?:

Immaculate timing!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XCJZ9MUU

Will also update the link on page one of this thread ....

Most of the changes in this version relate to error handling. Also added a bit of extra functionality to check who the master of each pupils is as it works through them.

Full details in the READ ME.

:)

Last edited by BobTheBear on Mon 22 Jun 2009, 21:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hayden84
hayden84

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 20:38

Hey i use on vista and it works perfectly

and this is the version i use "QTP mybrute auto-fight script - v1.4 by BobTheBear"
Back to top Go down
http://hayden48.mybrute.com/
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 21:54

Most of the fixes were error handling for IE crashing.

On my PC, FireFox is my normal browser. I only use IE for this script because I have to. When I run my daily run through it, about 1500-2000 pupils, I can guarantee IE will crash around 2 or 3 times. It was a bit of a pig to get it handling this properly every time. As far as I can tell, this new version does.

:)
Back to top Go down
neo_geo74

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 21:57

i got it to work on the living room computer. i guess ill just use that although other ppl use that computer.

i got a question: what happens when the trainer encounters a pupil that has had its 3 fights for the day finished? does it skip that pupil?
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 22:06

Yup.

When it first scans them, if all their fights are done, it logs them as "0F" (Zero fights) and ignores them later on.

If it finds 3 fights on the initial scan, but when it get back to them to do the fights later, if their 3 fights have been used, it will still just skip over them and onto the next guy.

It's pretty hard to trip it up now!

Bad pupil names (typed in wrong or containing special chacters like / : and other stuff it doesn't like) will still kill it, but not much else if your setup is right.
Back to top Go down
neo_geo74

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 22:34

does it need to scan through all of them in the beginning? seems like that will take up a lot of time especially if the list has 1500 pupils.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 22:38

Yup.

I has to do it sometime.

It doesn't go into the cell before the first fight so it doesn't know how many fights are available unless it does that first.

Whether it does them one at a time before the first fight, or all in one go at the start, doesn't make any difference ..... it takes the same amount of time in the end.

Reckon on it being able to do *roughly* 400 pupils per hour .... maybe slightly less. Depends on the speed of your PC and quick the site is running when you run the script.

The weakest link is the site really. It can only run as fast as the site responds .... same with any other pupil trainer. From speaking to people that use it, the actionaz one from the French site runs at about the same rate ..... mine is just much slicker and smarter. :)

Where it is handy is if you get a big new pupil list and they all have 6 fights .... it compensates automatically. You just give it the list and it works EVRYTHING else out itself. One spreadsheet in, one out.

No mucking about with 20 different text files like the more basic actionaz one ....
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 05:55

I'm still working on it, but I only have soooo much time to mess with games and such.

@hayden84,
Quote :
Hey i use on vista and it works perfectly

and this is the version i use "QTP mybrute auto-fight script - v1.4 by BobTheBear"
Are you running QTP 9.0 (Tfr3ak) on Vista, and if yes, what ver. of Vista are you running? And which ver. of IE are you running?

@steakdaddy,
Same question. I see that you're running IE 7, but what ver. of Vista?
And what apps. are hanging. Is Windows Explorer dropping out? Or some of your other processes? Next time it hangs, or crashes, expand the pop-up box and seee if it is being traced to a .dll file, namely ole32.dll . It's an object linking and embedding process that allows files created in one app to be run in another app. I've run across some issues with that and QTP. I've also seen it in QTP forums and I'm looking for a solution to that.

I had a compatibility problem with Vista Ult. and it wouldn't run QTP 9.0,, even with IE 7.
It seems that if you run QTP 9.5, or 10.0 (heh heh heh, I got a hold of a fully working copy of that too), when QTP does the conversion of the fight file, something gets scrambled and it doesn't install everything that's needed. I'm working on that, but this is some fairly complicated SW we're playing with, and it takes time with my limited skills and the amount of free time I have to dedicate to this.

I will update upon further results.
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 06:14

When installing QTP (Tfr3ak torrent) I get this error, C:/..../ codesampleplus/Flight_samples/openNumBound/lock.lck not found. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Did anybody else get this error or know how to fix it. I have tried re-downloading the torrent, same error.
Back to top Go down
neo_geo74

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 06:41

yarken: when installing it, choose custom install and uncheck the box beside samples. you don't need those.

For BobTheBear, I noticed when I was watching the program run that some of the fights it would go to wouldn't register the fight. It would go to the VS screen and the program would make the double click sound and it would show the fight screen for a split second -- but then when it comes back the the cellule page, the fight hasn't registered; it still has 3 fights remaining. Any thoughts on why this happens?
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 07:01

neo_geo74 wrote:
yarken: when installing it, choose custom install and uncheck the box beside samples. you don't need those.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 07:10

neo_geo74 wrote:
but then when it comes back the the cellule page, the fight hasn't registered; it still has 3 fights remaining. Any thoughts on why this happens?

Probably down to timing.

Have a look on this thread - page 9, post 2 .... and work back from there.
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:20

Alright I have it all working, mostly, but when it loads IE it doesn't load to my brute's cell, it just goes to mybrute.com main page. Anyone know how to fix?
Back to top Go down
neo_geo74

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:27

yarken: you running vista? cuz that's what happens to me on vista. I managed to run it on windows xp. That's my only solution for now.

BobTheBear: Thanks, I guess it was because of the alts. although it's still a bit confusing how it works, I'll just run alts every other day or something.
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:29

Yeah im running vista. So there is no way I can get it to run without windows XP?
Back to top Go down
neo_geo74

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:30

some people here have managed to run it on vista and ie7. you could try that, but for me, i didn't get to run it.
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:31

I am using IE7. That is really annoying. I will keep trying and see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next