My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)

Go down 
+45
CaptainNintendo
Yaboirobby
xGREEDx
guncan
bamb@m
silverx123
hubabuba
MaximilianKohler
jose13
Neutrino
Deathwok
Stsin
baarker182
atnix
XxerykxX
kingg Daddy
zolcalibur23
Satellite31
Alexisonline
svea_
bloodyBlizzard
Kisuke
Yarken
neo_geo74
hayden84
Crator
ojune
1ceBabe
Rygl
FREDDY
Lone Wolf
steakdaddy
jutescycle
shark9r
kaixxpzs
cOpLT
Anylopectina12
mantis33
Charlie Jones
dicklips7
TR359
lostrophet
Ossionic
BobTheBear
heroinmonkey
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:37

It's down to the version of QTP.

The 9.0 version is not certified for Vista. v9.5 and up are.

I haven't grabbed 9.5 from anywhere yet but I'll be looking into it.

Lone Wolf - you mentioned 10.0 !!! I don't even have that at work yet! Can you PM me details please? If I can get 10.0 working, I can probably port the whole thing onto FireFox .... which would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:38

So will this script run with version 9.5 of QTP? Or is that still in the making?
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:43

neo_geo74 wrote:
I guess it was because of the alts. although it's still a bit confusing how it works, I'll just run alts every other day or something.

Brute day is 24 hours from 23:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT.

Regardless of when technical maintenance is, when you get new fights available, if you fight the same guy twice within that timeframe, the second one won't count.

I just run mine first thing in the morning. I have it on timer to start at 4:00am GMT. Sometimes it has to wait for a while before it starts .... depends how long TM lasts on any given day.

But I have about 2000 pupils so it takes a good few hours to get through them all ..... but it's all done when I'm at work.

If you run it in the evening (GMT) so that it "crosses" into the new brute day, you're always going to have problems like this. It's down to the site rather than the script.

If you plan to use alts every second day, you might want to add some more. I only have them in there up to lv3 as it doesn't affect me very often ......
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 08:44

Yarken wrote:
So will this script run with version 9.5 of QTP? Or is that still in the making?

In theory it should, yes.

I've ported scripts from 9.0 to 9.5 at work without any trouble.

But I have also hit a few issues with it in some scripts.

Until I try it, I can't say for sure. Judging by what Lone Wolf is saying, looks like there are issues.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 09:09

when will the vista version come?
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:04

I might get round to doing a new version on a newer version of QTP - v9.5 or v10.0

But I don't have Vista so I can't test it against it.

In theory, any version on the newer version of QTP should be Vista compatible but, as I say, I can't test it so I can't guarantee anything .....

All this relies on me downloading a newer version of QTP and porting over the script and making sure it holds together. Not a 5 minute job and not top of my priority list ...... so who knows! Just ..... when I get round to it!
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 11:39

That sounds awesome, take your time. But remember all us vista people are hanging out for it!
Back to top Go down
hayden84
hayden84

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 13:22

Quote :

@hayden84,
Quote:
Hey i use on vista and it works perfectly

and this is the version i use "QTP mybrute auto-fight script - v1.4 by BobTheBear"

Are you running QTP 9.0 (Tfr3ak) on Vista, and if yes, what ver. of Vista are you running? And which ver. of IE are you running?

yes i use QTP 9.0 (tfr3ak) on windows vista home premium. and i use IE 8 i think, mayb IE 7 How do you check
Back to top Go down
http://hayden48.mybrute.com/
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 13:26

you use vista? howcome i cant run the script?
Back to top Go down
hayden84
hayden84

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 13:27

Quote :
you use vista? howcome i cant run the script?

whats the error?
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 13:28

it appears to be a xp file
Back to top Go down
hayden84
hayden84

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 13:29

im uploadiong a file to megaupload, which is 'Quick Test Professional (QTP) 9.0 - Tfr3ak' and thats what i use, ill send you the link when its done.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 13:31

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 15:50

@ hayden84
Quote :
yes i use QTP 9.0 (tfr3ak) on windows vista home premium. and i use IE 8 i think, mayb IE 7 How do you check
Go up to the menu bar, click on help. In the drop down box, click on "About Internet Explorer"
Pop-up box will tell you what version of IE you are running.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 15:55

Bob the Bear,
check your inbox. PM waiting.
Back to top Go down
steakdaddy
steakdaddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 16:49

Lone Wolf wrote:

@steakdaddy,
Same question. I see that you're running IE 7, but what ver. of Vista?
And what apps. are hanging. Is Windows Explorer dropping out? Or some of your other processes? Next time it hangs, or crashes, expand the pop-up box and seee if it is being traced to a .dll file, namely ole32.dll . It's an object linking and embedding process that allows files created in one app to be run in another app. I've run across some issues with that and QTP. I've also seen it in QTP forums and I'm looking for a solution to that.

I had a compatibility problem with Vista Ult. and it wouldn't run QTP 9.0,, even with IE 7.
It seems that if you run QTP 9.5, or 10.0 (heh heh heh, I got a hold of a fully working copy of that too), when QTP does the conversion of the fight file, something gets scrambled and it doesn't install everything that's needed. I'm working on that, but this is some fairly complicated SW we're playing with, and it takes time with my limited skills and the amount of free time I have to dedicate to this.

I am running it on Vista Ultimate with IE 7. I noticed that if you have that UAC crap turned on in vista, a lot of things will go wrong, so turn it completely off and run as administrator.

The machine is a clean install so all it has on it are vista, updates, QTP and Office. When I was trying to run it with IE8, I kept seeing that ole32 crash you were talking about, but I have not seen it with my clean install on IE7.

The hang I was getting was on a slower machine that I was running, the hang was happening when the script was attempting to restart IE. IE does a lot of crap when shutting down and can take a long time to do it, if QTP attempts to restart during that clean up phase, then it would hang IE and QTP. I was able to fix this by increasing the wait time on the function for the restart (I think), the hang was very hard to catch, but moving the wait time after the ie.close from 1 to 4 seemed to fix it for me for now.

to be precise I made the change here:
Browser("application version:=internet explorer.*").Close
wait(1)

to wait(4)

IE is a POS btw Sad
Back to top Go down
steakdaddy
steakdaddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 16:58

BobTheBear wrote:
neo_geo74 wrote:
I guess it was because of the alts. although it's still a bit confusing how it works, I'll just run alts every other day or something.

Brute day is 24 hours from 23:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT.

Regardless of when technical maintenance is, when you get new fights available, if you fight the same guy twice within that timeframe, the second one won't count.

I just run mine first thing in the morning. I have it on timer to start at 4:00am GMT. Sometimes it has to wait for a while before it starts .... depends how long TM lasts on any given day.

But I have about 2000 pupils so it takes a good few hours to get through them all ..... but it's all done when I'm at work.

If you run it in the evening (GMT) so that it "crosses" into the new brute day, you're always going to have problems like this. It's down to the site rather than the script.

If you plan to use alts every second day, you might want to add some more. I only have them in there up to lv3 as it doesn't affect me very often ......

I would run into this problem all the time, so I added this little bit of code:

MyDate = Date
MyDay = Day(MyDate)

If (MyDay mod 2) Then
alts = True
Else
Alts = False
End If

this gets the date and on even days it runs the main list of opps and on the odd it runs the alt list, so every other day your run list will change. As Bob mentioned you will need to expand your alt list out. I have a expanded list that I verified last night if you want me to post it.

If you are going to use this, you need to make a few other minor mods as well such as removing the dialog to prompt for alts and moving the section where it loads the list of fighters to happen right before the fight starts.

In theory when you do the second part that means if you leave the script running for over 24 hours when it starts it will automatically load the new list of fighters for that day. I have yet to let the script run for 24 hours yet, but with Bob's sweet new version, I may give it a run.

Let me know if you need more details or my version of the trainer script.
Back to top Go down
steakdaddy
steakdaddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 17:01

Hey Bob, I have only done 1 run right now, but so far the script is money. Very nice, Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 17:23

^^^

Nice change.

Puts the alts on auto effectively. Good job. Doubt I could have done it any better myself. :)

Like I say, alts are a minor issue for me due to when I run the script. Only time I ever really hit problems along those line was if I was creating pupils late in the day it would happen in the next days run ..... but only for the new pupils.

v1.5 is little different to 1.4 in terms of functionality (except the master check) but I have just checked my run today (1887 brutes) and it recovered one IE crash during it.

If you want to check IE crashes yourself .... you can.

When your run has finshed, it will sit with excel open but no sheet loaded. At this point:

Close excel.
In QTP - hit the PAUSE button - it looks like a pause button on a tape deck/CD player ... that sort of thing.
Once paused, down the bottom you will see a "Debug viewer" tab. Click on it.
Just above the debug viewer tab, you should now have 3 tabs - watch, variables and command - click on watch
Click on the top right cell - it should turn blue and allow you to enter data into it.
In this cell enter "iec" and hit enter. The cell next to it will be a number - thats the number of IE crashes it recovered from druing the run.

No real use, but re-affirms how crap IE is to me every day.

:)
Back to top Go down
hayden84
hayden84

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 20:10

I use IE 7

Quote :
@ hayden84
Quote:

Go up to the menu bar, click on help. In the drop down box, click on "About Internet Explorer"
Pop-up box will tell you what version of IE you are running.
Back to top Go down
hayden84
hayden84

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 20:12

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7F1974O

theres a link to download QTP tfr3ak verion 9.0, this works on vista as i use it and there are no problems
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 00:42

Back to top Go down
Anylopectina12
Anylopectina12

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 02:07

nice
Back to top Go down
Yarken

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 08:42

hayden84 wrote:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7F1974O

theres a link to download QTP tfr3ak verion 9.0, this works on vista as i use it and there are no problems

Is this version differnt to the torrent one? It is 200mb smaller.
Back to top Go down
hayden84
hayden84

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 20:19

Quote :
If alts = TRUE Then
opp(1,1) = "test1000"
opp(1,2) = "expv2"
opp(1,3) = "upo2"
opp(2,1) = "test1000"
opp(2,2) = "expv2"
opp(2,3) = "upo2"
opp(3,1) = "test1000"
opp(3,2) = "expv2"
opp(3,3) = "upo2"
opp(4,1) = "ass-hole"
opp(4,2) = "puw18"
opp(4,3) = "kajones"
opp(5,1) = "006"
opp(5,2) = "bernael"
opp(5,3) = "vuviper"
opp(6,1) = "chore"
opp(6,2) = "xaki"
opp(6,3) = "rodas"
opp(7,1) = "zaags"
opp(7,2) = "Rannt"
opp(7,3) = "PPPuuuPPP"
opp(8,1) = "code2"
opp(8,2) = "aristai"
opp(8,3) = "shimasho3456"
End If

Hey bob i try and add in 'alt' but when it loads and starts it just uses the other ones not the 'alt' one and yes i did put Y in the second promt.. Do you know how to get them working?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next