My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

I think we need one more Mod

Go down 
+13
ronga
toorshay
FlamingToaster
Anylopectina12
slyder
Dooshbag
Keekles
mantis33
Silverberg
Ossionic
TeL
heroinmonkey
Jill Sandwich
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dooshbag
Dooshbag

I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 00:20

you just said all that like you were standing in front of a crowed running for class president
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/twgfx
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 00:34

Cool?
Back to top Go down
TeL
TeL

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 00:39

I nominate myself to be the class clown lol!

@topic maybe we should have a poll 🐱
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 00:50

Lol, that would be a bad idea. The last thing we want is a popularity contest for the mod position. Ultimately it's fotum's decision whether he thinks the mods need more help or not and if so, who gets the job.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 00:51

A poll wouldn't work because when it all comes down to it, it's who ever Fotum thinks should be a mod.

EDIT:
What Mantis said XD
Dam
Back to top Go down
Silverberg

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 02:06

i sent you a message jill
Back to top Go down
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pX-W5yW7JVZRIA62JiwIjWQ
Anylopectina12
Anylopectina12

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 02:35

I nominate Jazz

reasons
1. Online everyday
2. Unbelievable number of posts(does this count?)
3. Friendly

I nominate HM

reasons
1. First i joined here i thought he was a MOD haha( i didn't know of the VIP thing)
2. Helpful

cons
1. Some ppl would not like it (you know their names)

I nominate Ossinic

reasons
1. Helpful
2. Walking dictionary, encyclopedia( LOL he knows everything)
Back to top Go down
slyder
slyder

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 02:38

You forgot me =P

HAHA JK.
Yeah I thought HW was a mod two when I started lol
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 08:13

Haha thanks apo..

Well the sign of a good mod is for people to know he'd be a good mod right away. So HM would be a good one.

In your choices also consider;
With powers, whereas you have some people who get cocky and abusive, you have others which are more active and act more responsible.

You'd need to differentiate people from one or the other before chosing :)
Back to top Go down
Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
Anylopectina12
Anylopectina12

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 08:19

@ossionic your fingers have powers right?
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 08:24

Yupp, mine can poke somone to death!!

Ehem they can also make women scream!!

(Dirty humor) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FlamingToaster
FlamingToaster

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 09:52

Yeah we need more mods.
I nominate Ossionic. He's a helpful person and relativly active.
Also Heroinmonkey. He's helpful also but some people won't agree. You know who you are.
Actually i don't care as long as we have a new mod soon.
Back to top Go down
toorshay
toorshay

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 10:55

i nominate dooshbag. Bounce
Back to top Go down
Anylopectina12
Anylopectina12

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 12:48

LOL ^^ reason?

he flames at every ppl
Back to top Go down
toorshay
toorshay

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 12:54

reason? do i even need one? lol

i nominate dooshbag Razz
Back to top Go down
Anylopectina12
Anylopectina12

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 12:55

I nominate toorshay

for we will make every section of this forum full of bouncies and spams haha
Back to top Go down
toorshay
toorshay

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 13:04

Anylopectina12 wrote:
I nominate toorshay

for we will make every section of this forum full of bouncies and spams haha

all i can say is:
Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
ronga

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 17:48

For people who are interested in being a mod, you may try to read this article so you know how to be a good mod.
Quote :
How to be a good mod?

A good moderator should:

1. Be helpful, friendly and nice to all members.
  2. Support other members and know when to encourage them to help themselves.
  3. Care about the forum. Be willing to commit yourself to forum related tasks.
  4. No favoritism. Treat every member equally.
  5. Obey and understand the rules and be willing to enforce them.
  6. Don't abuse power when someone argues against you.
  7. Be patient and restrained. Don't get mad easily.

OK now here's the chance. Even though you are still not a mod yet, you can actually help moderating the forum or the mods by doing the following forum-related tasks:

1. Help the forum to record and upload videos before they die: https://mybrute.forumotion.com/temporary-replays-f14/
  2. Remind people to follow rules and guidelines *in friendly tones*. For example, remind members to post some basic information about their temporary replays. So even if the replays are dead we still leave something to read about. Read this thread.
  3. Report bad threads when you see it (not report in the thread but filing a report by pressing this button I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_report )

Your help is much appreciated!
Let's make this place better and better.
Thank you for your attention. Very Happy

Last edited by ronga on Wed 20 May 2009, 18:43; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 17:53

Hey ronga,

We'r all for helping and making the forums a better place. We all are, otherwise we wouldnt post here.

A few posts up you can read on how we agreed not turning this into a competition. Your suggestions will do just that.

If people put in effort for somethign and then not get chosen, you will have a lot of disapointment on your hands.

If you don't have your decision yet, you should have a private MOD poll in your MOD section and decide there based on what you have seen so far.

On a sidenote, the rules are the first thing we all have read since everyone's curious about becoming a mod, so there was no need to post em again Wink

Anyways. Good luck with your decision.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 17:58

It's all up to Fotum
Even if we have a secret MOD poll. If Fotum doesn't think the person should be a mod then he won't mod them.

If Fotum knew he was going to be gone this long he should have at least left one more admin...
Back to top Go down
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
ronga

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 18:40

Ossionic wrote:
Hey ronga,

We'r all for helping and making the forums a better place. We all are, otherwise we wouldnt post here.

A few posts up you can read on how we agreed not turning this into a competition. Your suggestions will do just that.

If people put in effort for somethign and then not get chosen, you will have a lot of disapointment on your hands.

If you don't have your decision yet, you should have a private MOD poll in your MOD section and decide there based on what you have seen so far.

On a sidenote, the rules are the first thing we all have read since everyone's curious about becoming a mod, so there was no need to post em again Wink

Anyways. Good luck with your decision.

Sorry that I haven't read all the posts here. I posted a mod guide and that to-do list, hoping that members who want to be a mod may find it useful. You may also search on the web for more info about it.

And yes you are right about competition. But don't read it in the wrong way. More is better as long as you show you are capable and willing to take up the forum tasks. Of course Fotum may have to be worried about the power abuse problems. You know, the consequence was huge if it did happen.

The number of mods aren't restricted in nature so competition is unnecessary. Competition, no no! Forget it!

After all there are still many things a member can do to help the forum. For example:
https://mybrute.forumotion.com/temporary-replays-f14/community-movement-fight-replay-archives-waiting-for-you-t832.htm

And if you are keen on reporting bad or wrong threads, you are actually helping to moderate the forum. You are really helping us to do mod tasks. Please try to do more and help us. Your help is much appreciated. :)

Let's try to make this place better and better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 18:50

Do mods not have the power to delete threads or something because there are a lot of spam threads and stuff that should be deleted.
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 19:01

In that case we can all do the best we can Ronga, i'm sure Wink

--

I'm sure they have the power mantis, but most threads on these forums just run old eventually so there would be no need to delete them o.0
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 19:02

No, I don't want to nominate any one... because it is useless...
It is fotum who decides it...
After you become a mod, Your responsibility will get higher....

We don't care of your ranks or even the number of posts.... in math, In should say, Moderator ≠ f(N), which N = number of posts....
What we need is your contribution here...., not just join then disappear...

Negative_Zephyr wrote:
To become a mod you need to show that you care for the forum, is willing to do management and repetitive tasks, friendly and patient to other members, and show some intellegence...
You cannot just become a mod then jerk off. You have to be serious about your job you can't bust on one member then let another one slide. You have to be strict on all members, you don't have to yell you can still be nice about it.

And, yes Jill... I think we need one more admin......
Back to top Go down
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
ronga

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 19:04

Quote :
On a sidenote, the rules are the first thing we all have read since everyone''s curious about becoming a mod, so there was no need to post em again
Well I don't think there is any formulated rule. You may take me as a reference. I was trying to help all the way (reporting threads, telling mods to fix errors found in articles/stickies, help summarizing posts, making suggestions etc.) when I was still a member. I didn't ever thought of being a mod, or requested it. I was simply trying my best to do what I can do as a member. Then Fotum invited me on one day via PM. What a surprise!

There are actually many forum tasks we can take up even if we don't have mod rights. Reporting bad threads, backing up videos, answering member questions, to name but a few. So I guess if you guys follow similarly what I did. Perhaps Fotum will promote you in the same way as me on one day.

I hope this bit of information helps. Very Happy

Last edited by ronga on Wed 20 May 2009, 19:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   I think we need one more Mod - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think we need one more Mod
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: General Talk :: Off-topics-
Jump to: