HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 
 

 I think we need one more Mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 19:07

Jill Sandwich wrote:
It's all up to Fotum

Negative_Zephyr wrote:

It is fotum who decides it...

In my opinion you are wrong. The beauty of a community is that it supports itself, meaning that whereas you have members of a higher power, all the members still have say and are valued.

You're right in saying fotum's say is a strong one. But for the sake of arguement picture a bad case scenario; what's the use of fotum chosing somone we all hate? A good leader keeps everyone happy and to keep everyone happy he has to keep an open mind.

Therefore;

Nominations are good... Suggestions and ideas are good... Opinions are good...

---

Over thinking the matter won't help anyone and it will only take longer..

- If you chose a member and he turns abusive, his powers go away and another one takes his place.

- If you chose a member who takes modship and goes inactive (once again), his powers go away and another one takes his place.

---

Stay on the right path of thinking Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
Silverberg
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *


Posts : 350
Join date : 2009-04-13
Age : 25
Location : Near the Pong Table

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 19:19

also so there should be various types of moderators
chat,forum, certain sections
and head admin and maybe another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pX-W5yW7JVZRIA62JiwIjWQ
kev
* * * *
* * * *


Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-05-10
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 19:22

And guys who fight for the rules, wrote about 5 Tickets, all looked up and no reply.


Thats really sad.

But okay, well done yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mybrute.de.gg
Negative Zephyr
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1186
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 27
Location : Crystal Castle! Now: Eternal Mountains

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 19:27

Ossionic wrote:
............................
You're right in saying fotum's say is a strong one. But for the sake of arguement picture a bad case scenario; what's the use of fotum chosing somone we all hate? A good leader keeps everyone happy and to keep everyone happy he has to keep an open mind.
.......................
Stay on the right path of thinking Wink

Yes, That's it... We have rights to complain if fotum do something that we don't like.....
Just like Jazz's Quote in my sig....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 19:29

Lol really? kev? For somone who just cares about scamming people and not at all about the forums you sure ask for alot of attention!

What exactly are you looking for here? Do you expect us to buy your stolen bots? Or support something we can never be a part of? Really, what is it?

Admins in their right mind wont help anyone who just wants to ruin it for others just to make a profit. So by asking for their help you're simply insulting them.

You shouldve took my advice and left long ago.

P.S. Keep our discussion in it's rightful thread, you have no need to bring it in here..
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 335
Join date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 19:40

Quote :
- If you chose a member and he turns abusive, his powers go away and another one takes his place.

There are irreversible actions a mod can make. The worst scenario, if the mod goes really mad and leave ungracefully, he could mass moving threads, destroying the forum, turning the forum into a big mess.

Quote :
- If you chose a member who takes modship and goes inactive (once again), his powers go away and another one takes his place.

Inactivity is less of an issue. Well there is no upper limit on the number of mods. It's not a real job. We don't pay to hire extra mods. Active mod vs inactive mod: the difference is the former can help the forum a lot. The latter can help once in a while. Additional help is always welcome even though he/she can't do it frequently. After all the mod is still trying to help, isn't it? I don't think demoting in this case is helpful to a forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 20:00

Yes i agree, but my main point was that nothing would be irreversible. As anything was deleted it can be recreated.. What is given can be taken.. and so on..

Anymod chosen will be grateful and there is no reason why he should turn mad. We'r all friends here.

Still, in such a case; when i had my own vBullettin forums i used to back up once every week the mySQL database and the files just in case somone figures a new way to hack into php.. it never happened but i kept over 200 mb of backups, and for forums that is massive lol

Is there no way to backup the forums on forumotion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
Dooshbag
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 652
Join date : 2009-04-23
Age : 31
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 20:15

i actually nominate silverburg. he seems to see thru peoples bullshit. and also has a flat minded head. he stays cool in every situation. and he really gets along with everyone.

silverburg for MOD :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/twgfx
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 20:23

Actually... I second that Very Happy

But i think makin too many votes loll
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
Silverberg
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *


Posts : 350
Join date : 2009-04-13
Age : 25
Location : Near the Pong Table

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 20:26

lol thanx doosh but i was already one a while back.
just have my chat mod position still. power is overated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pX-W5yW7JVZRIA62JiwIjWQ
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 20:31

Yea but then again these guys wont be nominated just so they can have powers and be respected and what not..

They'll be nominated cause they wanna help out and make these forums a better place.. Power's really just a bonus to help them do just that :)

I could always get respect just by being a smartass like i always do.. So in some way you're right - haha power is over rated Wink


Last edited by Ossionic on Wed 20 May 2009, 20:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
mantis33
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1969
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 27
Location : The Ohio State University

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 20:39

Doosh nominates Silver. Silver says I would make a good mod (true). Therefore in essence, Doosh nominated me. Thanks Doosh! <3

P.S. I have previous moderator experience. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 335
Join date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 20:52

mantis33 wrote:
Doosh nominates Silver. Silver says I would make a good mod (true). Therefore in essence, Doosh nominated me. Thanks Doosh! <3

Haha... Laughing
You are imaginative. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 1690
Join date : 2009-04-14
Age : 27
Location : Tranquility Lane

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 21:10

Mantis is actually a pretty cool person (I didn't know until the other day on the chatbox lol)
But I don't think he is:
Negative_Zephyr wrote:
friendly and patient to every member

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dooshbag
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 652
Join date : 2009-04-23
Age : 31
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 21:25

Silverberg wrote:
lol thanx doosh but i was already one a while back.
just have my chat mod position still. power is overated.

be one again damnit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/twgfx
mantis33
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1969
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 27
Location : The Ohio State University

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 22:04

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Mantis is actually a pretty cool person (I didn't know until the other day on the chatbox lol)
But I don't think he is:
Negative_Zephyr wrote:
friendly and patient to every member

Lol, Doosh is the only one I don't get along with and I will be more than happy to put aside our differences once he admits one of his tags is ripped. That's all I am asking for is for him to admit he was wrong and not do it again. If put into a position of responsibility such as a moderator, I would sort things out asap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dooshbag
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 652
Join date : 2009-04-23
Age : 31
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Wed 20 May 2009, 23:36

your beef with me will come again with another person. you are not good for mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/twgfx
dixneuf69
* * * *
* * * *


Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 00:43

jill i think you should make coolwhip be a mod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1969
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 27
Location : The Ohio State University

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 00:47

Dooshbag wrote:
your beef with me will come again with another person. you are not good for mod.

Lol, I've had previous mod experience and I didn't have any trouble. The only "beef" I have with you is that you ripped a tag and lied about it. I don't want people ripping sigs because they could be spending their time more wisely by actually trying to learn new techniques.

Moral of the story, don't rip and we won't have any problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dooshbag
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 652
Join date : 2009-04-23
Age : 31
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 02:10

i didnt rip any sig. its your assumption because i wont give you my psd. and frankly i dont have to give you anything. or even prove myself to you. which in anycase. is something you should already know. and with knowledge lacking in the area of stepping of the lines. no... your not a good mod. i have prev mod exp... im mod on 2 diff forums now. maybe a mod on a 3rd here soon, but im not going to ask for it because i know my beef with you/hm/keekles has ruined any chance of that

and frankly. to think you can get mod while having beef with me, your a nut. people would go nuts. and to think that everyone here BUT me hates or dislikes you because of this crap your doing with me, again makes you a nut. there are people in the background, and they all hate us a little for bringing this shit all over the forum. i tried to keep it in one spot but you guys friggin run off with it everywhere. you dont know how to keep your crap in one area. or even keep it on thread. so with that essense. no.. you wouldn't make a good mod. and no. you actually have beef with more than just me. alot of people do not like you/me/keekles/HM/kiwi for all this crap we have been flaming about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/twgfx
Keekles
* * * * * * *
* * * * * * *


Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 02:25

Dooshbag wrote:
i didnt rip any sig. its your assumption because i wont give you my psd. and frankly i dont have to give you anything. or even prove myself to you. which in anycase. is something you should already know. and with knowledge lacking in the area of stepping of the lines. no... your not a good mod. i have prev mod exp... im mod on 2 diff forums now. maybe a mod on a 3rd here soon, but im not going to ask for it because i know my beef with you/hm/keekles has ruined any chance of that

and frankly. to think you can get mod while having beef with me, your a nut. people would go nuts. and to think that everyone here BUT me hates or dislikes you because of this crap your doing with me, again makes you a nut. there are people in the background, and they all hate us a little for bringing this shit all over the forum. i tried to keep it in one spot but you guys friggin run off with it everywhere. you dont know how to keep your crap in one area. or even keep it on thread. so with that essense. no.. you wouldn't make a good mod. and no. you actually have beef with more than just me. alot of people do not like you/me/keekles/HM/kiwi for all this crap we have been flaming about.

You're never going to be a mod because:

1. You don't even act your own age in arguments.

2. You're constantly delusional and think 3 people are "Out to get you" on these forums.


All over the forums? It's in 2 threads, that have nothing to do with Mybrute itself. You even said yourself you think "Mybrute sigs" are lame, so the graphics area has completely detached itself from the rest of the forums, it's just as bad as the off-topic thread honestly.

You're personality is way too defensive, learn how to take constructive criticism and maybe you could stand a chance filling a moderator position.

When someone tells you they don't like the image or something about your artwork or anything in general, don't take it as immediate flaming, because it's not.

You focus WAY too much on the negative feedback rather than all the people in your private messages that actually like your work.

Honestly, I've drawn pieces where most people just can't relate to it at all and have big problems with the linework or colors, but I don't focus on them, I focus on the 2 or 3 people that it did in fact touch, where they were moved by something that they just couldnt explain in the piece.

Everyone started somewhere Doosh, and everyone took the same criticism you take today for their horrid signatures they made in the past. But the difference is we didn't bitch and complain and accuse them of directly attacking us, we just picked our heads up and moved forward.

Sticks and stones Doosh, sticks and stones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 02:29

Everyone likes me except doosh, well and fotum LOL. (although doosh swears everyone on here just "tolerates" me)
I'm just here to help people and not placate or cater to other people's egos.
I gave constructive criticism to dooshbag on his f-22 thread and ever since that he's taken to crusading against everything I have posted.

Meh... It's the internet.

_________________


Visit My Dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dooshbag
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 652
Join date : 2009-04-23
Age : 31
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 03:01

Keekles wrote:
Dooshbag wrote:
i didnt rip any sig. its your assumption because i wont give you my psd. and frankly i dont have to give you anything. or even prove myself to you. which in anycase. is something you should already know. and with knowledge lacking in the area of stepping of the lines. no... your not a good mod. i have prev mod exp... im mod on 2 diff forums now. maybe a mod on a 3rd here soon, but im not going to ask for it because i know my beef with you/hm/keekles has ruined any chance of that

and frankly. to think you can get mod while having beef with me, your a nut. people would go nuts. and to think that everyone here BUT me hates or dislikes you because of this crap your doing with me, again makes you a nut. there are people in the background, and they all hate us a little for bringing this shit all over the forum. i tried to keep it in one spot but you guys friggin run off with it everywhere. you dont know how to keep your crap in one area. or even keep it on thread. so with that essense. no.. you wouldn't make a good mod. and no. you actually have beef with more than just me. alot of people do not like you/me/keekles/HM/kiwi for all this crap we have been flaming about.

You're never going to be a mod because:

1. You don't even act your own age in arguments.

2. You're constantly delusional and think 3 people are "Out to get you" on these forums.


All over the forums? It's in 2 threads, that have nothing to do with Mybrute itself. You even said yourself you think "Mybrute sigs" are lame, so the graphics area has completely detached itself from the rest of the forums, it's just as bad as the off-topic thread honestly.

You're personality is way too defensive, learn how to take constructive criticism and maybe you could stand a chance filling a moderator position.

When someone tells you they don't like the image or something about your artwork or anything in general, don't take it as immediate flaming, because it's not.

You focus WAY too much on the negative feedback rather than all the people in your private messages that actually like your work.

Honestly, I've drawn pieces where most people just can't relate to it at all and have big problems with the linework or colors, but I don't focus on them, I focus on the 2 or 3 people that it did in fact touch, where they were moved by something that they just couldnt explain in the piece.

Everyone started somewhere Doosh, and everyone took the same criticism you take today for their horrid signatures they made in the past. But the difference is we didn't bitch and complain and accuse them of directly attacking us, we just picked our heads up and moved forward.

Sticks and stones Doosh, sticks and stones.

wtf. im not even reading this. i never asked to be mod. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/twgfx
Keekles
* * * * * * *
* * * * * * *


Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 03:03

Thanks for proving my point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toorshay
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 541
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 27
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Thu 21 May 2009, 03:19

keekles for mod? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I think we need one more Mod   Today at 14:36

Back to top Go down
 
I think we need one more Mod
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: General Talk :: Off-topics-
Jump to: