HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 
 

 So I'm a prick Ossionic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Is Heroinmonkey a prick?
Yes
50%
 50% [ 14 ]
No
32%
 32% [ 9 ]
Maybe
18%
 18% [ 5 ]
I am one of those polled by Ossionic.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28
 

AuthorMessage
redneck-giant99
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 1377
Join date : 2009-04-29
Age : 43
Location : Hurt Locker

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Wed 27 May 2009, 23:17

been cool and helpful with me

I vote NO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1969
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 27
Location : The Ohio State University

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Wed 27 May 2009, 23:35

He is very helpful, but that doesn't really mean he isn't a prick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redneck-giant99
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 1377
Join date : 2009-04-29
Age : 43
Location : Hurt Locker

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Wed 27 May 2009, 23:37

you have been cool to me as well mantis, but would I call you a prick for being an OSU fan

well maybe Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1969
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 27
Location : The Ohio State University

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Wed 27 May 2009, 23:46

Damn you Gators! >_<

P.S. I'm not just a "fan" I go to OSU. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redneck-giant99
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 1377
Join date : 2009-04-29
Age : 43
Location : Hurt Locker

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Wed 27 May 2009, 23:48

no biggie

i was actually up at the horseshoe on business

damn state was crazy with the cavs b-ball though


i still dont think he has been too much of a prick.
well no more than plenty of others on here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dooshbag
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 652
Join date : 2009-04-23
Age : 31
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 00:34

osu as in oregon or ohio?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/twgfx
mantis33
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1969
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 27
Location : The Ohio State University

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 00:41

Ohio, duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 1690
Join date : 2009-04-14
Age : 27
Location : Tranquility Lane

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 02:22

mantis33 wrote:
He is very helpful, but that doesn't really mean he isn't a prick.

Quoted for truth because Yes he has been very helpful modding the cheats and scripts / tips and tricks section / posting guides etc... but... yeah.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 10:49

Jesus reading tru all the replies so far i wanted to quote someone an C then i see jill has done the exact same thing once again.. Damn you!! I'll do it anyways!

redneck-giant99 wrote:
been cool and helpful with me

No doubt man! The guy knows his stuff and he's more helpful then i could possibly be - and that fact goes unchallenged.

But he also can be a pain in the ass for whatever reasons!! And that's what i'm trying to make him realise with this! Because i don't care about pointing fingers at somone and accuse them of anything if i know i'm not right!


@heroin
So far the poll agrees with what i had originally intended to prove. That the majority of the people don't like you. And that's exactly because of what i have been telling you yet you have been refusing to listen to heroin.


Last edited by Ossionic on Thu 28 May 2009, 11:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 11:14

Sadly this poll has a great deal of "blind" votes and people aren't posting within the thread what their vote was... the only thing that has been proven is that I help alot of people.

_________________


Visit My Dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 11:19

Nah eff that. The poll can be used lol

Whether it was 'blind' or not. I consider the maybe's to be a shy yes. .. but if you wanna ignore those - Several of the people who voted yes signed. For some reason the people that voted no didn't. Only one did!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 335
Join date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 11:35

To be fair, heroinmonkey is helpful. He's willing to share what he knows, post and answer questions.
But I think people are right in that he doesn't do well in getting along with people, expressing himself and presenting his arguments.

Quote :
Sadly this poll has a great deal of "blind" votes and people aren't posting within the thread what their vote was... the only thing that has been proven is that I help alot of people.

Well people may be blind in voting but your comment doesn't sounds good either. What you say only give people bad impression. Based on the comments, the only thing you accept is "you helped a lot of people", but you totally neglect (1) the unfavourable result of the poll, (2) negative comments about you. Blaming blind votes make you look like you just want to switch the blame, or finding excuses.

I think this is one of your major problems and why some members don't get along with you. When people argue with you, you give them a feeling that you think you are always right, unwilling to listen to others, or accept differences. What you say is always final and decisive. No one can change your mind.


Most importantly I don't think the forum is healthy when members start making new threads to openly discuss another member, or even worse flaming at one another.

Things getting too personal now and it's going to hurt everyone's feeling. Some members are getting really fed up about the endless arguments and flame wars.

After all this is only a forum for a game. It's not a political or religious forum.
It's a forum which is meant to be fun and enjoy yourself.

Keep personal affairs personal. If you want to settle something with another, settle it privately. If the member keeps harassing you, you may report the case to a mod or admin.

It's high time to stop all the personal disputes. Forgive what others have been said. Stay cool and move on. Enjoy!


My two cents.


Last edited by ronga on Thu 28 May 2009, 11:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 11:36

So by throwing out the blind votes it just shows that Jill, Kiwiman, Dooshbag and yourself dislike me... which is no surprise to anyone. Mantis thinks I'm a prick because I said a sig sharing the same stock as one of his was better and people are too sensitive when they ask for C&C and actually get it.

_________________


Visit My Dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FlamingToaster
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 724
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 11:44

If you asked me a couple of weeks back i would have said maybe, if you asked a cuple of weeks after i joined i would have said no, if you asked me today i would say yes.
You just grew into one of the past months. Mainly because of your fights with other forum members.
If you didn't get my drift, i voted yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 11:49

Ronga wrote:
I think this is one of your major problems and why some members don't get along with you. When people argue with you, you give them a feeling that you think you are always right, unwilling to listen to others, or accept differences. What you say is always final and decisive. No one can change your mind.

Bullseye. And heroin, you just did what Ronga just suggested again in your reply!!

Ronga wrote:
After all this is only a forum for a game. It's not a political or religious forum.
It's a forum which is meant to be fun and enjoy yourself.

Yes and thats why we do it in an easy going manner. Although sometimes it does get a little seirous.

Meh. I enjoy them.. I dunno why eveyrone minds them so much Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 12:01

If defending myself makes me a prick then so be it as I have stated I'm here to help and not placate egos.

Ossionic had nothing to say to me up until I posted the news article regarding Dooshbag.
Ossionic then declared me a prick and forum enemy number one for linking to an article that was covered by several newspapers, news agencies (print and television) and decided he would "right me of my wrongs" as if it were his place to do so. The irony is that the same info that I posted that outraged Dooshbag that led to Ossionic becoming the "cavalry of sorts" was posted by Dooshbag himself on another forum and not acting ashamed or even wanting it to be remain personal, he comes off as sounding prideful of the events that took place.
Doosh even stated his real identity within these forums in the monster thread.

http://www.ggkthnx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10455

So, the precedent here has nothing to do with me acknowledging when I'm wrong, it's more along the lines of that I am a prick for not blindly accepting other's people's opinions as factual. So, if I say or do something that goes against how you would do things then by default that makes me a prick.

I am a prick for entitling you to your opinions but not accepting them as gospel.
I am a prick for defending myself against several volleys of personal attacks.

So be it.

_________________


Visit My Dragon


Last edited by heroinmonkey on Thu 28 May 2009, 13:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TeL
* * * * * * *
* * * * * * *


Posts : 296
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 95
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 12:21

I want to vote last until there is a tie LOL I want my vote to be the most precious one wahahahahaha XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 12:41

Before i read on;

Quote :
If defending myself makes me a prick then so be it as I have stated I'm here to help and not placate egos.

Dont put yourself in that position heroin. You know well enough you're not the victim in most cases but the aggressor.

And you dont defend yourself. You just refuse to see reason!..

Now i have to read on your post, so i'll edit in a min.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 13:01

Hehe... this thread should be locked for cyclic redundancy.

Ossionic wrote:
Before i read on;
Dont put yourself in that position heroin. You know well enough you're not the victim in most cases but the aggressor.

You started making attacks towards me when I posted the link about Dooshbag being arrested. How was I the aggressor?
Dooshbag called me a pedophile because a banner I made had a woman in it, the article I linked to stated that Dooshbag was being charged with sex abuse involving a minor.
Notice the difference here? One is defamation and the other is providing facts.

If the truth hurts when it gets revealed then don't put yourself in position to have the truth revealed.

_________________


Visit My Dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 13:26

heroinmonkey wrote:
You started making attacks towards me when I posted the link about Dooshbag being arrested. How was I the aggressor?

How? lol here's how!

heroinmonkey wrote:
I posted the link about Dooshbag being arrested.

---

Dude, it may have started with doosh's thread, but with all the comments u leave about the place it would've happened one way or another.

Doosh's case is not valid now. Because since it has been sorted and time passed, it's barely of interest to anyone..

The act of it was sinister. Somone had to say something.. But once again, that one's past.. We moved on to other topics now
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 13:33

LOL... So because you felt what I did was wrong that makes it absolutely wrong?

There are others who feel that I had every right to post the article just as much as you are against it.

Oh and I notice you overlooked the instance of provocation... Dooshbag calling me a pedophile. So let me guess, that's appropriate behavior because you seem to overlook the fact that my posting the link was a direct response from his actions... retaliation not instigation.

Perhaps, you should spend your time researching causality rather than trying to deem yourself the moral conscience of the forum... friendly advice.

And to further illustrate my point:
Dooshbag being arrested for sex abuse with a minor:
http://www.bendweekly.com/Statewide-News/15883.html

Couple arrested for meth and child endangerment:
http://www.bendweekly.com/Statewide-News/15892.html

Same newspaper, so are you going to tell me that I'm sinister for posting both links or just for posting Dooshbags
because he happens to be a member of this forum?

Now here is the kicker: As stated you had no argument against me until I posted that link. So had I not of posted that link would I still be a prick? Or is that you view me as a prick for not accepting your position?

_________________


Visit My Dragon


Last edited by heroinmonkey on Thu 28 May 2009, 13:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 13:41

Yes. It was wrong. not because i felt it, but because it is.

Quote :
There are others who feel that I had every right to post the article just as much as you are against it.

Those people are gossip queens, which i would condemn to live a life of no privacy what so ever, maybe that way they'll learn already.

You have no right, no matter who you are or think you are, to make someone's (no matter who they are) life hell for your own entertainment.

If you know anyone's going to be uncomfortable the second they read that, why would u still post it??

Is it Because you might argue, " they should've never done it in the first place? "

Maybe they shouldn't have. But that's no one's place to decide except for the law.

And once again, i'm sure you will get no where near to understanding any of the above


Last edited by Ossionic on Thu 28 May 2009, 14:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 13:49

Ossionic wrote:

Yes. It was wrong. not because i felt it, but because it is.

Please show precedence or tangible evidence to support this stance.
If posting links to news stories is immoral, then there are plenty of news portals and sites that are acting against the ethics of society. It would make the Associated Press violators of invasion of privacy for reporting news.


Ossionic wrote:

If you know anyone's going to be uncomfortable the second they read that, why would u still post it??

But wasn't that defense thrown out via the link that shows Dooshbag himself creating a forum thread regarding the exact topic that I merely linked to? Especially when you read his depiction in his own words as if it were some great triumph, so that hardly shows that he was uncomfortable discussing it.

No one forced him to post that thread, if it gets discovered later and brought out somewhere else, then who is to blame for his own embarassment?

He obviously had no issues bringing it up on a public forum, his only issue was that I posted a link to it and you guys got suckered into his vendetta.

_________________


Visit My Dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossionic
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 569
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 14:09

Quote :
Please show precedence or tangible evidence to support this stance.
If posting links to news stories is immoral, then there are plenty of news portals and sites that are acting against the ethics of society. It would make the Associated Press violators of invasion of privacy for reporting news.

I don't need to. you can do that excercise for yourself. Go out, talk to a few people. Learn how society and the modern human with a good sense of moral think. I don't know how you don't see it. Back to square one..

It may have been posted on top of a Sky scraper and shown to the world. That doesn't give you the right to advertise it further.

Quote :
Dooshbag himself creating a forum thread regarding the exact topic that I merely linked to? Especially when you read his depiction in his own words as if it were some great triumph, so that hardly shows that he was uncomfortable discussing it..

You found that he did this later in the argument. Once again - Whatever the case, it was his information to share and no one elses. Clearly he wasn't comftable with sharing it with us, because if he was he would've done so and if he was he'd still be active.

"If you had sex, you might tell your friends, but you sure as hell wouldnt tell your mother" - this scenario applies because it's all a matter of who you feel comfortable in telling what with.

Using the above example - That public forum was his friends and this forum is his mother. (rhetorically speaking)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP


Posts : 485
Join date : 2009-04-18
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Thu 28 May 2009, 14:26

You're missing the most obvious point.
It's not your place to impose moral judgement against anyone which is exactly what you're trying to do with me now.

You're trying to force your moralistic opinion upon me in the same manner that others do so with religion and/or politics. You're not the moral conscience of the forum, your city, state or country. You are merely a representation of yourself and yourself alone.

So please refrain from making broad generalistic statements concerning the social conscience and ideallic sociology as if you were one with the universe.

Your opinion is simply your opinion.

_________________


Visit My Dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So I'm a prick Ossionic?   Today at 02:13

Back to top Go down
 
So I'm a prick Ossionic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Local Ork's Scratchbuild Extravaganza in "Sculpting a lot more than usual"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: General Talk :: Off-topics-
Jump to: