My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Skills & weapons board

Go down 
+42
Noop
Tama
Rippraff
grizzlism
goncaloo
hihot200
crash477
YaniS
mantis33
kaspar4o0o
PreGod
Subman(R)
Crator
cbarron
Rico
Teethymo
AndreiTM
n1kos84
SlapSlap
steele11
Elido
harpyieklein
AlnicZ27
GOML
DRAGON_DEL_MAR_AZUL
LGFDGFS
blitzdmon
HongKongFui
xteenager
PurPle SKy
NixxxoN
Ultra SSJ Vegeta
CypriaN
Stsin
Vic-Tim
bamb@m
Aylove
Yaboirobby
A Dip O Sitas
vollaufdienuesse
ALPHWON
BobTheBear
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
AlnicZ27
AlnicZ27

Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 15:07

nice info.. it made some skills clear to me Wink
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 16:05

Hypothesis: that Strong Arm diminishes the slow-down effect of having a heavy weapon in hand. This would potentially change the attack pattern by giving the brute more chances to act, resulting in more or different weapon and super usage. This time I'm using lower-level brutes to see if the effect on a relatively low speed score is easier to see.

Observe this fight. My brute wields the club, and the opponent takes advantage of the slow-down effect to stab, net the dog, drink potion, stab again, switch to staff and attack another time:

http://labrutetools.fr.cr/popsim.php?brutea=Vector-Shadow&domainea=mybrute.com&domaineb=labrute.fr&bruteb=butasa673&seed=6562389&lvla=30&lvlb=30&submit=+++++Simulation

Next level, she gains Strong Arm, and notice how after the first club hit, the opponent stabs the dog, then stabs the brute, then gets whacked again before he has a chance to drink the potion or switch to the staff:

http://labrutetools.fr.cr/popsim.php?brutea=Vector-Shadow&domainea=mybrute.com&domaineb=labrute.fr&bruteb=butasa673&seed=6562389&lvla=31&lvlb=30&submit=+++++Simulation

Here's another pair that narrows down the moment more precisely. In this first fight, we see mace on dog, club on shield, bomb and mace, club for 55, and fierce brute with mace for the win:

http://labrutetools.fr.cr/popsim.php?brutea=Vector-Shadow&domainea=mybrute.com&domaineb=labrute.fr&bruteb=vector-shadow&seed=1904696&lvla=30&lvlb=30&submit=+++++Simulation

With Strong Arm, we see mace on dog, club on shield, bomb, but then my brute comes back immediately with the club. She does more damage with the club, but note that this is a different pattern from the moment she attacks again, and so the extra damage might be a fluke.

http://labrutetools.fr.cr/popsim.php?brutea=Vector-Shadow&domainea=mybrute.com&domaineb=labrute.fr&bruteb=vector-shadow&seed=1904696&lvla=31&lvlb=30&submit=+++++Simulation

Another one. In the first fight, it's the same up through her swat with the club and his throwing the knife. Then he attacks again, punching, the dog attacks him, she gets out the sword etc.

http://labrutetools.fr.cr/popsim.php?brutea=Vector-Shadow&domainea=mybrute.com&domaineb=labrute.fr&bruteb=Butasa673&seed=5645911&lvla=30&lvlb=30&submit=+++++Simulation

In the second fight, after he throws the knife, he doesn't get to go again right away. It becomes her turn, and she throws the net, taking away his turn. The dog attacks again right on schedule. But instead of switching to the sword, she hits with the club again and ends it early.

http://labrutetools.fr.cr/popsim.php?brutea=Vector-Shadow&domainea=mybrute.com&domaineb=labrute.fr&bruteb=Butasa673&seed=5645911&lvla=31&lvlb=30&submit=+++++Simulation

So the effect is subtle, but we see it in these two because their speeds are so low and so closely matched. Without Strong Arm, the club slows her down even farther, but with it, she gets to attack again sooner. Because that involves a different fight sequence, the fight "branches" to a different outcome from that point forward.

In the case of Master of Arms, it only changes the fight sequence in making it shorter. But Strong Arm doesn't increase damage, it allows your brute to attack more often, which may or may not mean a better fight for you. In cases where no heavy weapons are used, the outcome is identical.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 17:21

I think you're onto something with strong arm. I've noticed that with strong arm there is more of a chance of countering and such with a heavy weapon like the club. Could be my imagination though.
Back to top Go down
Crator

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 21:27

I told you about Hatchet and Halberd... its cutting weapons and not "meele/close range" weapons...

And strong arm puts +15% speed to heavy weapons
Back to top Go down
AlnicZ27
AlnicZ27

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 08:54

thanks crator.. strong arm seems l;ittle good!
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 10:59

Teethymo wrote:
So to recap: Master of Arms increases the damage of knife, broadsword, scimitar, sword, and halberd. It does not increase sai, fan, hatchet, lance, or leek. And bestbrute is full of crap.

Nice Job in confirming which it applies to. You can say Master of Arms applies to blades.

I've always known that some of the general knowledge about my brute is false. Why when someone asked about the lance earlier, I simulated it myself to confirm, instead of just repeating what most say.

Of course, since I'm a skill freak, never bothered to test each weapon since I go for all the skills anyways Wink

btw, +15% is nothing small when taking out a very slow weapon, when many battles are decided by one hit. But since we are now able to pick weapons in Muxxu, less so in that game. Like I passed up master of arms on my Ninja brute Wink
Back to top Go down
AlnicZ27
AlnicZ27

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 15:11

some skills here works more than weaps Wink
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 13:48

Pugnace: Chances de riposte: +30%.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 13:20

Choc (Impact) increases the chance to disarm by 50%. Not a surprise there.
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 15:24

Teethymo wrote:
Choc (Impact) increases the chance to disarm by 50%. Not a surprise there.

Uh I thought it was about 80-90% as in the old mybrute apparently almost always disarms
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 17:16

Well, impact isn't the only way to disarm, any old hit will do -- many weapons have a chance to disarm, heavy weapons seem to be harder to hold onto, and even bears can do it. No idea what the base chance is, but I'm just reporting what the muxxu info box told me when I got Choc.
Back to top Go down
kaspar4o0o
kaspar4o0o

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 08:37

Well today I got "Regeneration" ! Can someone explain what it does ? Is it reduce my "blessures" to continue train my char ? scratch
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 12:57

kaspar4o0o wrote:
Well today I got "Regeneration" ! Can someone explain what it does ? Is it reduce my "blessures" to continue train my char ? scratch

Instead of 3 blessures per day you get 4.
Back to top Go down
kaspar4o0o
kaspar4o0o

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 13:02

steele11 wrote:
kaspar4o0o wrote:

Well with this skill I can train my brute till I get 4 blessures am I right ? scratch
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 13:16

kaspar4o0o wrote:
steele11 wrote:
kaspar4o0o wrote:

Well with this skill I can train my brute till I get 4 blessures am I right ? scratch

Correct, so better chance of completing 10 fights per day.
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 13:27

but if the bute is strong enough, it is completly useless.
i took it once and won most of the 10 fights anyway so unless you will get a great path after choosing regeneration. droping it next time is the right choice in case you are searching for a good brute anyway.
Back to top Go down
kaspar4o0o
kaspar4o0o

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 13:39

ricotamanora wrote:
but if the bute is strong enough, it is completly useless.
i took it once and won most of the 10 fights anyway so unless you will get a great path after choosing regeneration. droping it next time is the right choice in case you are searching for a good brute anyway.

Well my brute is isn't strong enough that's why I think this skill will be useful for him Wink

Here he is :

Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Untitl12
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 14:22

waw lvl 19, i am gessing you are definetly going to change his Destiny , after getting DB
good luck in the next tourny. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaspar4o0o
kaspar4o0o

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 14:40

ricotamanora wrote:
waw lvl 19, i am gessing you are definetly going to change his Destiny , after getting DB
good luck in the next tourny. Very Happy

Yep, I will change it but I cannot win a single tourney, others always knock me off in finals ! Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 15:40

Intouchable: Chances d'esquive +30%.

Untouchable: Chance to dodge 30%.

Another one where I'm surprised how weak it is. By this measure, shield is 50% better because it allows a 45% chance of blocking! Of course, Untouchable is magnified by high agility, and no one's sure that shield is enhanced by speed or anything else. In any case, my brute who just got this has 21 agility and is a pretty bouncy fellow, despite having a speed of 1.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 18:21

You have a brute with untouchable, high agility, and armor?
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 18:56

Yup! I should post his cellule: http://labrute.muxxu.com/b/103083

He has feline agility, armor, perseverant, and now untouchable. Weapons are the sword and the shuriken.

The only things I fear now are choc and voleur, and brutes with shield and contre. With a rapidity of 1, he's a sitting duck whenever he draws the sword, but he will definitely hit you with it unless you have contre. Keep my fingers crossed for martial arts tomorrow...

To find this path, I had to give up the axe at level 9, that got me endurance, 6th sense, and choc. This time I found peau but chose agility instead, and instantly regretted it -- until next level when I picked up intouchable. Agility and intouchable beat peau and whatever would've come next. Too bad I probably won't get choc back, but basically I can benefit from any skill or stat boost I find next.

PS and originally I'd said 21 agility, it's actually 25 now.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 19:13

never seen it fight but seems like a really nice brute there Teethymo Wink
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 19:20

I don't have any recent fights saved but I'll post some tomorrow. He sounds pretty tough but he still seems to get beat a lot!
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 13:18

And just like that, he wins Richter! Woo hah! Here's the final:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/19007529?chk=8ca2

It was actually a pretty easy bracket for him, only two difficult fights. He could've won it as a level 13 but I leveled him up to 14 and got +3 rapidity just before this tourney. Oddly enough, in the final fight he didn't dodge much -- got clobbered once with the club and once with the flail and only dodged one club-swing which really any brute can do. And he had to finish with his fists, so it was really more the armor than anything else that saved him.

Last night my brute with espionner went up to DB level, but I didn't quit the tourney for her yet because I had a feeling that PunchDrunk would win it all and would need her to screen his fights in the first few levels. That, I've found, is the best use of Espionner, shepherding new brutes through their low levels when they might not have any weapons and their stats suck. Choosing an opponent who sucks worse than you is really only possible with the help of another brute with Espionner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skills & weapons board   Skills & weapons board - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skills & weapons board
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next