My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks

Go down 
+10
silverx123
kenichiro
Biceuri®
Yaboirobby
BobTheBear
ALPHWON
fake
bamb@m
Eumigen
mpadosouza
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kenichiro
kenichiro

BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 05:33

Sharigan-jutsu wrote:
kenichiro wrote:
Before you run the combats, make a copy of it. Run the original, then replace it with the copy and run again.

I keep a copy of the data that I last ran combats, but I don't use for the next day because I usually create more pupils on the working copy. I make a copy right before I run the combats then repeat the steps in the first paragraph.

OK, so if i understand. the copy of yesterday will be the original of tomorrow.and after you make the figths you make a new copy rigth?

Cps.

In short, yes, but Bob's method is much easier.
Back to top Go down
kenichiro
kenichiro

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 05:34

bamb@m wrote:
has anyone tried making an extra full copy of bc so you can run two different files through combats at the same time? considering it takes me about eight hours per day to run combats on my computer running one file at a time based on my connection and re-running each file 2-3 times, I figured I'd try two at once. I don't see much slowdown in the operation, so it looks like it runs faster overall. I will update when I am done running all my data.

I usually run up to four different data files through combats at once.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 05:37

@kenichiro:

wow, I wish I had a fast connection like you Razz I wish I had thought of this sooner, so I could spend less time fighting each day.

and one question about running data for brutes when the file is not updated. say, like stsin, you have a file with all brutes listed at lvl 1, even if they are lvl 10, does bc make them fight a lvl 1 opponent first before it realizes they are actually lvl 10 and then run the other two fights against the appropriate opponents? does it basically make you earn a maximum of 5 points per day for a pupil even if you win all three fights?
Back to top Go down
Neutrino
Neutrino

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 05:57

bamb@m wrote:
has anyone tried making an extra full copy of bc so you can run two different files through combats at the same time? considering it takes me about eight hours per day to run combats on my computer running one file at a time based on my connection and re-running each file 2-3 times, I figured I'd try two at once. I don't see much slowdown in the operation, so it looks like it runs faster overall. I will update when I am done running all my data.

I use to run 3 separate ones, but now I made it into 1 big one.
Reason was my modem couldn't handle the amount of requests.

Level of the brute in the file doesn't matter. During combat it looks up the level.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 06:05

ok, thanks for that info, neutrino. I won't worry about it in the future then.
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 08:16

bamb@m wrote:
@kenichiro:

wow, I wish I had a fast connection like you Razz I wish I had thought of this sooner, so I could spend less time fighting each day.

and one question about running data for brutes when the file is not updated. say, like stsin, you have a file with all brutes listed at lvl 1, even if they are lvl 10, does bc make them fight a lvl 1 opponent first before it realizes they are actually lvl 10 and then run the other two fights against the appropriate opponents? does it basically make you earn a maximum of 5 points per day for a pupil even if you win all three fights?

It checks their actual level before selecting opponents. If it didn't, copying data files wouldn't be efficient. Unless copied them back after training, which you don't have to do.

I also run simultaneous BCs for training, adding to the advantage of doing them on the faster connection. But if I do 3 or more, have to turn off torrents or it may lock my router, lol.
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 08:57

Running BC combats simulatenously will depend on the speed of your internet connection. Usually, one BC combat takes around 70k-100k "bytes" per second and thats roughly around 1Mbps internet speed.

You can still run multiple BCs but the combats for each data folder will be slower. So if your connection is really fast like example 8Mbps or more, then runnning 8 BCs or more will be smooth and faster.

i usually run 4 BC combats in parallel for 3Mbps connection and 4-5 virtual pcs doing pupil creation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 09:45

BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Maxports

Running BC seems to use up 300-600+ ports each. Pic 1 is training with two BC's.

Looking at that, realized that I lowered the max ports long ago...for some reason that I forgot.

Changed it back to 4096 in pic 2.

And now it's much better as shown in pic 3 with more BC's training :)

So may want to check your router and set it to max ports if planning on running multiple BCs for training.

I'm using a cheap $30 Linksys with DD-WRT firmware.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 12:27

Quote :
i usually run 4 BC combats in parallel for 3Mbps connection and 4-5 virtual pcs doing pupil creation.
combats no problem due to my 14mbit connection... but how do you run more than 1 BC to create pupils with only one internet- connection?

or do you have more than one connection?
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 06:06

I'll bet he does, since his setup looks like top-of-the-line stuff, but I figured out how to use the same IP address on four brutes at the same time (on two different servers, of course) and I have already tested it and it works flawlessly geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks   BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BrutalCombo tips,hints & tweaks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2