My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!

Go down 
+41
Cowdude179
urallus
MaximilianKohler
suxess
Bruzaholman
xGREEDx
alex_abc
Yaboirobby
got2ball
beatmedude
cuilt
Void
Kal-el-oh-el
Anylopectina12
gbpackers32
dicklips7
Rygl
Kisuke
4i4mitko
AdZoR
kaixxpzs
arkh
TeL
mr_evolution
Demon-Of-Lore
XXXUnrated
roymustang67
aub
KiwiMan
Showstopper
mantis33
rockhunter75
Gal
ronga
Engeljosh
stvman
LB DyAbLo
fotum
Jazz™
Battery
justinjg
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
xGREEDx
xGREEDx

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 11:05

suggestion

add a weapon called JAVELIN
Back to top Go down
http://lavys4n4.mybrute.com
alex_abc
Banned
Banned
alex_abc

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 11:37

wow ... Javelin gona be the best,i think :)))
Back to top Go down
got2ball

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 22:51

Whats up with this kid and a javelin every post I have read today I have seen this post about adding a javelin to weapons lol a little obsessed with a javelin what are you a track and field enthusiast lol.
Back to top Go down
http://got2ball2.mybrute.com/
xGREEDx
xGREEDx

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 01:00

LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
Bruzaholman
Bruzaholman

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 12:53

Javelin just like "spear"
Back to top Go down
xGREEDx
xGREEDx

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 12:54

they throw it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bruzaholman
Bruzaholman

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 12:57

They throw spear too ^^
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 14:07

They should add blood spatter for every time you get hit with a knife
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
got2ball

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 18:43

They were going to do that for grimarena but then he said they changed it so now instead of blood hay comes out.
Back to top Go down
suxess
suxess

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 20:44

i like yab's proposal about the chat thing and i think they should add sound effects too. now wouldn't that be nice Twisted Evil
MaximilianKohler

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 23:24

I find it really annoying when my brute has a really good weapon or power(hammer) that he doesn't use. I also find it really annoying when he doesn't pull out a weapon and just punches the other brute instead. Also, when he uses a weak weapon first, then when the other brute is at very low HP he pulls out a heavy weapon with low accuracy... it's stupid... he should start out with the heavy weapon then go to the faster/more accurate weak weapon to finish off.

Also this: https://mybrute.forumotion.com/suggestion-box-f8/new-concept-for-mybrutes-t3401.htm

Also, maybe clan tournaments with clan vs clan only. Because currently clans in mybrute are completely useless pretty much...

I think if you could have a friends list also and fight with your friends in like a 2v2 match or something against two other people who are friends... that would be pretty fun

I also agree with all this posted by someone else:
Quote :
== Automation ==
I believe this is the fundamental concept of this game. It's how this game shines. Things are automatic. No involvement required. It's suitable for people who can't be too involved in the game. Advantages:
* When we want to fight we fight straight away, no waiting for the other required.
* When we join the tournamnet, we don't need to commit ourselves to come by at specific time.

== Control over growth ==
Once our Brutes are created we can only control the speed of its growth. There is nothing else we would do to help. Everything is decided upon creation. No control over what specials, weapons, pets we are going to get. Everything is random!

As a Brute trainer I would like to see more ways to help and control the growth of the Brute. Give us some options so we can have some sayings in the randonness of the game. Let's say we can influence a bit about how our Brute grows (e.g. we can choose the direction of its growth, what aspects it should focus, give us some free points so we can decide whether to upgrade strength, agility, speed or health etc.)

== Control over fight outcome ==
I appreciate the automation. I'm happy that we don't need to control the fights in the game. But the game can be enhanced so we can prepare for the game. For example, let us decide what weapons, supers and specials to equip, setting the percentages (how likely they use this or that), some pre-fight instructions/orders to tell Brute how to fight, what to focus etc.

== One-sided approach to winning ==
We need more and more experiences to upgrade. However we are limited to max 6 exp per day. Really we are left one thing to do, that is to get as many pupils as possible. Pupilling is the only way to win. I would like to see there are more choices and appraoches to breed our Brutes.

also, when you go into the mybrute arena mybrute.com selects different opponents on your level that you can fight, instead of having a completely random list of brutes on your level that you can choose from - I want to be able to view and select to fight any brute that's on my level, but mybrute.com doesn't let you, they have preselected brutes in the arena for each brute...

I also agree with:
Quote :
How about this, as your pupil levels up you get half the xp of their level eg ' x ' goes to level 6 you earned 3 points as they take more xp to level up, it makes sense xD
but since your game isn't going to be a better mybrute but a completely different game these comments might be completely pointless...
Back to top Go down
got2ball

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 20:08

Yea plus I dont think as many people will be playing grimarena when it finally comes out which was like ages ago lol because you have to pay for a "premium" account which is basically saying you dont stand a chance or wont get any cool stuff unless you pay to play our game and why do that when mybrutes is free?
Back to top Go down
MaximilianKohler

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Aug 2009, 02:21

yeh but mybrute is dying off pretty fast too because it takes too long to level up without cheating.

just play cs 1.6 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
got2ball

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 18:05

MaximilianKohler wrote:

just play cs 1.6 Very Happy

Whats that never heard of it? Also on the othe rpoint you made are you really willing to pay a monthly prescription to play a little online game that you have no real control over?
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 18:07

C.S 1.6 is Counter Strike v1.6
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
MaximilianKohler

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 23:52

Quote :
Also on the other point you made are you really willing to pay a monthly prescription to play a little online game that you have no real control over?

Are you talking to me? Hell no I wouldn't pay to play an online flash game...
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 02:54

i wonder where sir justin is now?
seems that the game is not updated
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
got2ball

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Aug 2009, 15:28

Right It has been awhile since he made this thread saying grimarena would be up in a couple months its been a little longer than that and we havent even heard anything about the progress or anything.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:44

Hey guys,

Long time no see! Sorry, we have been very very busy building Grim Arena. First I'd like to say that I am really happy all of the activity this post is getting here, it's obvious to me that mybrute is becoming dull & stale and you are all looking for a new outlet!

I just wanted to explain a few things real quick about Grim Arena that have changed since my last post, or are completely new - w/o telling too much obviously.

1. Grim Arena now has a robust combat system, where you control your "grimmie" by the options you choose during battle for both offense, and defense.
2. Grim Arena does not just randomly give you a skill and an item, you actually gain points to spend on such items in various stores.
3. There is no set business model yet in place for Grim Arena. This means, this game may not cost a subscription, or it may. There are many different business models out there, and we are looking into all of them, and even coming up with some of our own. In the end Grim Arena is a money making venture, there is not doubt about that - but we also have strong goals to get it out to as many people as possible.
4. Visit www.grimarena.com (game site), and www.loadsofbugs.com (company site) - updates are only a few months away!
Back to top Go down
http://www.grimarena.com
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 13:08

got2ball wrote:
Its dumb to make a fee like that to get the"premium" account which is basically saying you can play but you wont get any good stuff unless you pay us money. Why seperate the community like that? If you want to make money make it from people paying you to advertise on your website and have donations and stuff or if your going to make people pay have a 1 time fee of like 5$ and then your good.

This is an entirely untrue statement. Who said you have to pay to get good stuff? There is no separation of the community, if we go with the premium subscription based, and free system - the free players will still be able to play the free version as they see fit, and without any limitations with their other free player community. If we decide to do the premium setup as well, then there will be more features that will not effect the free player community - they will be different games almost. For instance, mounts are scheduled to be available only to premium payers, however with that said... free players can never fight against a player with a mount, so they cancel each other out.

There also will be micro-transactions, basically stuff you can purchase in a store that look cooler than your common items, but have no effect on what items you can get for free too. They are extra incentives which basically help us provide the service to our player base.

So where I understand your concerns, we have also considered them and are focusing on a fair competitive environment.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 15:22

So it has been a while since you all seen an updated character... so here are some exclusives for you all! :)

LEGEND: Jessica Hood
Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Jhoodsm

LEGEND: Musashi
Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Musashi

LEGEND: Professor Sarah Storm
Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Prosarahstorm

REAPER: "Tower Reaper"
Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Twrreapdag

You are all probably wondering what that Tower Reaper is, and we're not gonna tell you yet. :p

We have a lot of LEGENDS, REAPERS, MOUNTS, WEAPONS, ARENAS, ITEMS and other cool stuff in development, and a lot of it finished, but this is just to wet your appetite!
Back to top Go down
got2ball

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 21:59

Quote :
This is an entirely untrue statement. Who said you have to pay to get good stuff? There is no separation of the community, if we go with the premium subscription based, and free system - the free players will still be able to play the free version as they see fit, and without any limitations with their other free player community. If we decide to do the premium setup as well, then there will be more features that will not effect the free player community - they will be different games almost. For instance, mounts are scheduled to be available only to premium payers, however with that said... free players can never fight against a player with a mount, so they cancel each other out.

There also will be micro-transactions, basically stuff you can purchase in a store that look cooler than your common items, but have no effect on what items you can get for free too. They are extra incentives which basically help us provide the service to our player base.

So where I understand your concerns, we have also considered them and are focusing on a fair competitive environment.

So basically what you just said proved my point if we want to enjoy the good stuff in the game we have to pay a monthly subscription and if we want to customize our grim we can purchase different clothings and such things in a store. So not only are you saying people would have to pay to have the full features of the game but they would have to pay to individualize there grim. I'm sorry but I don't see this working out for you to well your getting to greedy thinking about money. I'm a business man so I understand all things are created with the goal of raking in revenue but you are putting to much focus on the customers who will be your main source of spreading your game out and putting a good word out for not only the game but your company.Why should they pay all that money for your game when they can play mybrutes or one of the other 10-30 games exactly like this for free! You should focus more on raking in money from selling spots for advertisements on the pages and things like that then focusing on trying to make customers pay a ridiculous monthly fee and then on top of that having to pay to customize there character more. For the money someone may put into that they could buy a PS3 or Xbox360 game or even buy a couple Xbox Live or PSN games and it would be alot more detailed and rebust then what your creating and would also have a storyline to it. Anyways I hope the rest of you agree with me as well with what I have said because he needs to see that this game will not do well and will loose money for trying to put such heavy finacial burden on there customers.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 22:43

Quote :
So basically what you just said proved my point if we want to enjoy the good stuff in the game we have to pay a monthly subscription and if we want to customize our grim we can purchase different clothings and such things in a store.

Nope, because the good stuff is not just available at a store. First, and foremost let me explain that any item purchased in the store can also be found in the game as far as stats are concerned on the item. It is true, that if you want it a certain color/style, it may only be available in the store, but that does not effect the competitive nature of the game in any way, and there is still a lot of cool stuff in the game other than just in the store, and further more the store is not restrictive to "premium subscribers".

About Premium Subscriptions, there will be certain elements in the game that will not be available to you because you choose not to pay the very affordable premium cost to play the game. Such items could be Mounts (which you'd never face if you were a free player, and they would have their own statistic system, and leaderboards, thus they don't effect your fun or competitive play with other free subscribers, or premium subscribers.) Other elements could include access to our "encyclopedia", that will help you learn about items that we add frequently, but obviously this will be found for free online all over fan sites. I'm not gonna get into all of our plans here, because it is highly confidential at the time, however I can assure you that anything you don't buy, will not effect the "fairness" of the game. But here is the simple truth to this argument, if you want the "coolest looking stuff" and to play some of the "cooler features", then yes you will have to pay, if we again.. decide to go that route. But there is more stuff available in the free game, than all of "special" features and zones in the premium game - it's just added incentive for players to experience more for a very affordable price, and helps us support the game. After all, in the end this is business, but first and foremost - we're gamers and we are building the game we want to play ourselves!

Quote :
So not only are you saying people would have to pay to have the full features of the game but they would have to pay to individualize there grim.

Assumption is the root of all evil, so I request you ask the questions before making such a broad statement. This is note true in any means of the definition of truth. Even if you're a free player, you will still be able to deck out your grimmie, and advance just as you would if you were a premium account holder, you may not have as many things to do, but you will definitely have a lot more than mybrute ever gave you.

Quote :
I'm sorry but I don't see this working out for you to well your getting to greedy thinking about money. I'm a business man so I understand all things are created with the goal of raking in revenue but you are putting to much focus on the customers who will be your main source of spreading your game out and putting a good word out for not only the game but your company.Why should they pay all that money for your game when they can play mybrutes or one of the other 10-30 games exactly like this for free!

It's unfortunate that you do not understand that it costs money to support a large game like this, and in order for it to continuelly advance, and give you more a better gaming experience we need to be able to make money to support this. I am not relying on this website, or customers to put out the word for me. Since I'm the co-founder of one of the largest game websites online, and have networking contests with a few of the top 10 - I really don't see this being a problem for us. However, the reason they should pay the very affordable price that we put the game out is to experience more game play, and help us better serve you, and keep it online so more people can play. The big difference here is, mybrute is nothing like our game, and if we were making an exact replica of mybrute.. well we'd never do that. Also mybrute charges on the i-phone, so just a heads up on your research. Wink

Quote :
You should focus more on raking in money from selling spots for advertisements on the pages and things like that then focusing on trying to make customers pay a ridiculous monthly fee and then on top of that having to pay to customize there character more.

We have not ruled out advertisements, although we know how annoying they can be. Nothing is set in stone, these decisions will be made as we move closer to a solid release. Our fee will be very affordable, and we are looking at many different ways of making it cheaper than previously stated in this thread. Again, nothing is set in stone, and I respect your opinion, however I don't agree with it fully. Oh, and as I said up top, you can still create, and advance, and customize your grimmie without paying for any type of premium account. You're misunderstanding what our game is, and what will separate premium account holders from freebees in terms of additional fun things to do, and without intterupting a solid competitve game for both premium and free users.

Quote :
For the money someone may put into that they could buy a PS3 or Xbox360 game or even buy a couple Xbox Live or PSN games and it would be alot more detailed and rebust then what your creating and would also have a storyline to it.

Our game is robust, and detailed and is being programmed in c++ using the selenite game engine, and then being ported to flash/i-phone. This isn't just some small game like mybrute, this is a game with in depth storylines, leaderboards, auction houses, ability to name, adjust and mold your character into what you want. Quite simply, this is as similar to a 2D mmorpg that you can get while being set in an combat/arena setting.

Quote :
Anyways I hope the rest of you agree with me as well with what I have said because he needs to see that this game will not do well and will loose money for trying to put such heavy finacial burden on there customers.

I have to be honest, I don't appreciate an assumption that says "we will not do well", because that statement could, or could not be true. I have over 15 years business experience. I am the original co-founder of www.mmorpg.com, and I am the President of www.nemesisstudios.com, and now I am the owner of www.loadsofbugs.com. I know this market, and I know it well. I think your statement that says that we are trying to put a heavy financial burden on our customers is absolutely rediculous, because if you knew the price we're talking about these days... well you can't even buy a meal at McDonalds for the price, and if you knew how much it cost to support a website with over 10 Million users, well then you'd understand why we have to charge, not to mention that we have to pay artists, programmers, game designers, writers, audio designers, and more.

But with all this argument, once we release.. I'm confident that you will try out Grim Arena free edition, and after playing it for a while... you may just get the urge to purchase a premium account.. If again.. we decide to go that route.

I don't mean to sound offensive, harsh or even defensive. I am just telling you that you're assuming way too much at this point, and you should support the idea of the game for the time being, and see what we have in store.. then throw out your opinion. At any rate, thanks for posting, because it shows me that we have intrigued you with our idea, and that says something.
Back to top Go down
got2ball

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 05:11

[qoute]Nope, because the good stuff is not just available at a store. It is true, that if you want it a certain color/style, it may only be available in the store, but that does not effect the competitive nature of the game in any way, and there is still a lot of cool stuff in the game other than just in the store, and further more the store is not restrictive to "premium subscribers".[/quote]

You keep contridicting yourself lol. I understand you may have some lvl of individualization like in mybrutes but that is nothing and from what I am guessing you will have a basic custom setup which will take no time for everyone to look the same like in mybrutes lol and for the broader customization you will have to pay a "affordable premium" lol. I'm not trying to bash you or your game because i'm a gamer that being said love new innovative games and concepts I'm just telling you how it is with the information being given ( which is nothing at all) and maybe if you did put some details out you could listen to potential customers opinions and findout if this may or may not work. Anyways

Quote :
About Premium Subscriptions, there will be certain elements in the game that will not be available to you because you choose not to pay the very affordable premium cost to play the game. Such items could be Mounts (which you'd never face if you were a free player, and they would have their own statistic system, and leaderboards, thus they don't effect your fun or competitive play with other free subscribers, or premium subscribers.) Other elements could include access to our "encyclopedia", that will help you learn about items that we add frequently, but obviously this will be found for free online all over fan sites. I'm not gonna get into all of our plans here, because it is highly confidential at the time, however I can assure you that anything you don't buy, will not effect the "fairness" of the game. But here is the simple truth to this argument, if you want the "coolest looking stuff" and to play some of the "cooler features", then yes you will have to pay, if we again.. decide to go that route. But there is more stuff available in the free game, than all of "special" features and zones in the premium game - it's just added incentive for players to experience more for a very affordable price, and helps us support the game. After all, in the end this is business, but first and foremost - we're gamers and we are building the game we want to play ourselves!

You keep saying you don't know if there will be a premium to play your game but all I keep hearing is "Premium Subscriptions", "Affordable Premium" to me that sounds like you already have made your mind up and just do not want to release any details just yet. If you guys were really gamers you would understand that it is ridiculous to charge customers to play games such as these monthly like you are talking about just to be able to better understand and enjoy all the aspects of the game. Cause now you are talking about things what can affect gameplay such as an encyclopedia that will help you learn about items and other things.

Quote :
This is note true in any means of the definition of truth. Even if you're a free player, you will still be able to deck out your grimmie, you may not have as many things to do, but you will definitely have a lot more than mybrute ever gave you.

I would ask questions before assuming things but considering you havent been on or given any of us any kind of details or information about the game all any of us can do is speculate and assume so maybe if you would fill us in or keep us up to date I would not have to do so. Anyways onto the quote lol "we may not have as many things to do" from my understanding that statement would mean that unless we purchase a premium account paying some ubsurd monthly bill we will be cut out of alot. And sure we may or maynot have more to do than mybrute but you have to understand why should alot of mybruters or people playing any games like this leave the ones they are playing and switch over to yours after working hard to lvl and get there characters strong in the game there in if we will not even be able to fully play the game that is unless we want to pay the "Affordable Premium".

Quote :
However, the reason they should pay the very affordable price that we put the game out is to experience more game play, and help us better serve you, and keep it online so more people can play. The big difference here is, mybrute is nothing like our game, and if we were making an exact replica of mybrute.. well we'd never do that. Also mybrute charges on the i-phone, so just a heads up on your research. Wink

Yea for the I-phone lol but thats because its a mobile game so thats understandable also the main game with all its features is Free incase you didnt know that lol. this is an online game trying to charge a monthly fee when there are millions of games exactly like it out right now you can play for free so why should people swtich over when the games they have been playing now cost them nothing and have maintanence people what somehow they can afford to pay without charging.

Quote :
We have not ruled out advertisements, although we know how annoying they can be. Nothing is set in stone, these decisions will be made as we move closer to a solid release. Our fee will be very affordable, and we are looking at many different ways of making it cheaper than previously stated in this thread.You're misunderstanding what our game is, and what will separate premium account holders from freebees in terms of additional fun things to do, and without intterupting a solid competitve game for both premium and free users.

They may be annoying but believe me I think everyone would rather put up with some adds then pay 5-10$ a month to play a no offense simple online game. Not saying it is an easy game to make i'm just being realistic. Think about it why pay a monthly fee for a game such as this when they could save up that money from the monthly fee and buy an actual next gen game what will give them way more satisfaction then a flash based game. Gaming is a large market if you want to get gamers attention right now with nex gen consoles out and cheap games costing 5-20$ on Xbox Live and the PSN you need to either create
A. Create a next gen game with all the bells and whistles or
B.provide something unique and fun for free or a low one time cost.

With that being said these types of game were made for the gamers who don't have alot of time or to have something to sneak in at work that is fun, satisfying, and quick why would they pay for that when there is so many games like it online already for free.

Quote :
I think your statement that says that we are trying to put a heavy financial burden on our customers is absolutely rediculous, because if you knew the price we're talking about these days... well you can't even buy a meal at McDonalds for the price, and if you knew how much it cost to support a website with over 10 Million users, well then you'd understand why we have to charge, not to mention that we have to pay artists, programmers, game designers, writers, audio designers, and more.

I don't mean to sound offensive, harsh or even defensive. I am just telling you that you're assuming way too much at this point, and you should support the idea of the game for the time being, and see what we have in store.. then throw out your opinion. At any rate, thanks for posting, because it shows me that we have intrigued you with our idea, and that says something.

You may be able to buy a meal at Mcdonalds but Mcdonalds doesnt charge you monthly for that meal you just ate lol. Another thing like i stated previously most your targeted customers are gamers who do not have alot of time and want something satisfying, fun, and quick or are below the age of 16. With that being said do you really expect these groups to pay a monthly fee? The younger audience will not be able to because they are still finacially dependent on parents and lets face it most parents are not going to pay a monthly fee for the kids to play some game online like this its cheaper over the long to just buy them a 10-60$ game for either a console, hand held device or for there computer. And the people without alot of time trying to stay into some kin of gratifying quick game will not pay a monthly fee when there are many free games out there with all there features not being cut off from them and/ or if they had the time and money to do so would buy a game for there consolse to play. I know how much it can cost for everything to come into motion but lets be real if you just made money off of adds alone you would make your money back and begin making good money eventually after you even out there are probably well over 10million people on mybrutes and somehow they made it free and have a maintanence crew so obviously you know it is possible you just want to expand your profit. I am not trying to be offensive to you or your company in any way I am just being realistic and from the little information given to us this is my conclusions from what I know. Like I said earlier we wouldnt have to assume things and speculate if you came and update your post and let us know details is has been months and still we know nothing and your original post said the game would be done around now yet we still have no ideas about any details in the game. I can understand keeping things tight but you have you have to release some information for people to better understand and see if this will be something they are interested in because of right now all we know is that you are most likely going to charge a monthly fee from the contious remarks about that and that if we dont play we will be cut from some of the more fun and uniques aspects of the game and the community will be split into to because of that.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 12:21

Quote :
You keep contridicting yourself lol. I understand you may have some lvl of individualization like in mybrutes but that is nothing and from what I am guessing you will have a basic custom setup which will take no time for everyone to look the same like in mybrutes lol and for the broader customization you will have to pay a "affordable premium" lol. I'm not trying to bash you or your game because i'm a gamer that being said love new innovative games and concepts I'm just telling you how it is with the information being given ( which is nothing at all) and maybe if you did put some details out you could listen to potential customers opinions and findout if this may or may not work.

I'm not contradicting myself, because the fact remains you do not know what Grim Arena is, and continue to go based on assumptions. You said it yourself.. see?

"I understand you may have some lvl of individualization like in mybrutes but that is nothing and from what I am guessing you will have a basic custom setup which will take no time for everyone to look the same like in mybrutes lol and for the broader customization you will have to pay a "affordable premium""

And I can assure you that this is 100% incorrect, free players will still have that level customization as well. So again, stop guessing and assuming, and learn more before throwing out around your uneducated opinions, it's realy not fair to us as a company, or your game player friends here. I'm not sure why you're so in interested in making us look bad here, but the reality is.. we are not bad and we're doing everything we can to support to tiers of people. People who can't pay, and people who can and help support the players who can not. It's not as easy as you think.

Quote :
You keep saying you don't know if there will be a premium to play your game but all I keep hearing is "Premium Subscriptions", "Affordable Premium" to me that sounds like you already have made your mind up and just do not want to release any details just yet. If you guys were really gamers you would understand that it is ridiculous to charge customers to play games such as these monthly like you are talking about just to be able to better understand and enjoy all the aspects of the game. Cause now you are talking about things what can affect gameplay such as an encyclopedia that will help you learn about items and other things.

it's one of the options on the table, but I think you will be majorly surprised at the differences between premium, and freebies (if we go that route). No minds have been made up, but premium subscriptions are definitely being considered. An encyclopedia won't effect game play, because it will be found all over the internet, and that was just an example of stuff we are tossing back in forth.. who knows? It may be in the free version?

Quote :
I would ask questions before assuming things but considering you havent been on or given any of us any kind of details or information about the game all any of us can do is speculate and assume so maybe if you would fill us in or keep us up to date I would not have to do so. Anyways onto the quote lol "we may not have as many things to do" from my understanding that statement would mean that unless we purchase a premium account paying some ubsurd monthly bill we will be cut out of alot. And sure we may or maynot have more to do than mybrute but you have to understand why should alot of mybruters or people playing any games like this leave the ones they are playing and switch over to yours after working hard to lvl and get there characters strong in the game there in if we will not even be able to fully play the game that is unless we want to pay the "Affordable Premium".

I knew you were interested, so start asking questions, and if I feel I can answer the questions you ask at this time - I will. If not, unfortunately you will have to wait like everyone else has patiently. But I will answer questions that I can, so start asking, after all that's the reason for this post in the first place. Oh, you really should stop comparing GA to MB, because MB is not even a fraction of what GA will be.

As for the rest of your post, it's really just recycling everything over and over again. How about a truce on this "premium" vs "free" discussion for now? And you focus on learning more about our game, and as a promise to you and the players out there.. I will continue the discussion after we as a company have made a decision? We understand how you feel, trust me. But understand we're building a business plan, and with that said the premium subscription model really will have no effect on competitive game play - if we go that route.

Feel free to ask Game Related questions. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next