My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!

Go down 
+41
Cowdude179
urallus
MaximilianKohler
suxess
Bruzaholman
xGREEDx
alex_abc
Yaboirobby
got2ball
beatmedude
cuilt
Void
Kal-el-oh-el
Anylopectina12
gbpackers32
dicklips7
Rygl
Kisuke
4i4mitko
AdZoR
kaixxpzs
arkh
TeL
mr_evolution
Demon-Of-Lore
XXXUnrated
roymustang67
aub
KiwiMan
Showstopper
mantis33
rockhunter75
Gal
ronga
Engeljosh
stvman
LB DyAbLo
fotum
Jazz™
Battery
justinjg
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2009, 14:30

LilJazzY052 wrote:
@Justin hmm i cant understand

but who are you?? i mean if we suggest what can u do on our suggestions??

apply it to the game ?? o_0

Lil Jazz, I'm the owner of Grim Arena, a game that is going head to head with my brute in the upcoming months. I'm here to gather all of your suggestions so we can take them, polish them and then implement them in our game, but not mybrute - that's a different game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grimarena.com
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2009, 14:47

ohh is Grim arena like my brute?? can u pm me the link so i can check it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2009, 14:53

LilJazzY052 wrote:
ohh is Grim arena like my brute?? can u pm me the link so i can check it

Our website is www.grimarena.com, however it's not live yet. Right now it's just a splash page that shows a small concept art, that changes every so often. Unfortunately the website won't be ready to go live until at least 6 months, however now is the best time for us to find what the players want so we can add those suggestions to our game, if we feel they will work with our current game design.

So suggest away! :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2009, 15:00

Hmmmm ohh i see

if this will be successfull i would like to work with yeah

[*ahem im good on advertising ]

lolz

well good luck on your game

kip me updated on it Justin [phew best and good names]

XD
Back to top Go down
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
ronga

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 21:55

justinjg, is your game similar to or based on MyBrute?

I would like to see an improved version or better version of MyBrute.

I take MyBrute a simulation game of breeding. We are the Brute keeper/trainer. We help the Brute to grow better and stronger (that's why we have no contorl on their fights. We are not the Brute! He is he. We, as a trainer, can only give him advice)

My suggestions to help improving the quality of the game.

== Fight Restriction ==
You can keep 3 fights per day to restrict the gain of exp per day, but you shouldn't stop people from fighting at all after that. Let us fights merely for fun, even without experience.

If I'm really into the game and I can't play further today, I would be upset. People do.

If I were MT, I would have created two sections:
--> Arena (3 fights per day)
--> War Street (wander about and fight anyone you want, but no exp)

== Automation ==
I believe this is the fundamental concept of this game. It's how this game shines. Things are automatic. No involvement required. It's suitable for people who can't be too involved in the game. Advantages:
* When we want to fight we fight straight away, no waiting for the other required.
* When we join the tournamnet, we don't need to commit ourselves to come by at specific time.

Quote :
What if you had to approve a challenge from each player, and be online when battling your opponent so you could make thoughtful decisions during battle? Then what if battles cost points to enter, and you received said points daily, and spent them in various manners, including the said battle and when you enter an Arena that costs point, then you gained experience when you won the match? Also, what if there was an Arena that did not cost points that you could continuously challenge players in, but those battles did not give you experience points?

Depending on your target of audience, it isn't necessarily bad ideas. But for MyBrute, what it sells is no involvement. This will make MyBrute not so MyBrute in my humble opinion.

== Control over growth ==
Once our Brutes are created we can only control the speed of its growth. There is nothing else we would do to help. Everything is decided upon creation. No control over what specials, weapons, pets we are going to get. Everything is random!

As a Brute trainer I would like to see more ways to help and control the growth of the Brute. Give us some options so we can have some sayings in the randonness of the game. Let's say we can influence a bit about how our Brute grows (e.g. we can choose the direction of its growth, what aspects it should focus, give us some free points so we can decide whether to upgrade strength, agility, speed or health etc.)

== Control over fight outcome ==
I appreciate the automation. I'm happy that we don't need to control the fights in the game. But the game can be enhanced so we can prepare for the game. For example, let us decide what weapons, supers and specials to equip, setting the percentages (how likely they use this or that), some pre-fight instructions/orders to tell Brute how to fight, what to focus etc.

== One-sided approach to winning ==
We need more and more experiences to upgrade. However we are limited to max 6 exp per day. Really we are left one thing to do, that is to get as many pupils as possible. Pupilling is the only way to win. I would like to see there are more choices and appraoches to breed our Brutes.

== Other comments ==
Quote :
If you are attacked and win you should gain experience.

As logical and reasonable as it sounds, it may not what this game wants to do since it will change the playing style significantly!
MyBrute restricts the gain of exp from fights to 6 per day. If we can gain experience when others fight against us, it literally means we can get unlimitied gains from fights. We can flood a lot of zombie brutes to help that master brute to gain unlimited experience.

Quote :
Say someone wants to have the immortal specialty, well they can choose that but then all the other items / skills / pets of equal value are eliminated. So they can't get immortality + a bear + what ever ridiculously powerful skills / items there are.

MyBrute doesn't have "balance" in mind. Allowing people to choose what speciality they want (even if some restrictions) are not going to work. One or two golden combinations will come out and everyone pick more or less the same set of combination to rule this game.

You know, life is about imperfection. We can't get all the best things in reality. MyBrute simulates it. We may know the ideal siutation but we are definitely far from it. So we need learn to face our own problems, overcome our weaknesses, do compromise, calculate risks/opportunities and so on.

Life is about a mixture of randonmess, luck, talents, skills, strategies. I would like to see some controls but not all. We can put more effort so as to make it more likely to get some special or super we want (maybe it will have some side-effect so we have to weigh pros and cons), but we shouldn't have a definite say on it.
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 01:31

@justin hmm if this game pwned my brute lolz all of my fellow citizen that play's brute.. they will not remmeber my brute but this game of yours.. i promise

@ronga /agree
Back to top Go down
Gal
Gal

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 07:41

@Ronga

I agree with most of what you suggest except for deciding how your brute fights in the arena. If player-based decisions were required prior to each fight then it would only be fair if both players were present for the fight to decide how their brutes use what they have and when they use it. If that were implemented then it would require a lot of waiting to start each fight and the fights don't even take a minute to end in most cases. Even worse is that people could reject your challenges if your brute is clearly superior so getting six XP a day would become a painfully slow and difficult process.
Back to top Go down
rockhunter75

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 17:14

Not sure if this has been said yet or not but one thing that aggravates me about MyBrute are the following:

1. Your brute has great weapons, but never uses them at all during the entire battle. Just f*cking stupid in my opinion.
2. Or your brute has some kickass weapons but chooses to use the little weak weapons in battle.
3. Or your brute using a weapon for 1 attack only then throws it away. Another ingenius tactic. lol
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 19:08

Gal wrote:
@Ronga

I agree with most of what you suggest except for deciding how your brute fights in the arena. If player-based decisions were required prior to each fight then it would only be fair if both players were present for the fight to decide how their brutes use what they have and when they use it. If that were implemented then it would require a lot of waiting to start each fight and the fights don't even take a minute to end in most cases. Even worse is that people could reject your challenges if your brute is clearly superior so getting six XP a day would become a painfully slow and difficult process.

This is true in some cases, but if there is a tournament system that forces stronger brutes against stronger brutes, and down the totem pole.. then this kind of system would actually work, right?
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 19:09

rockhunter75 wrote:
Not sure if this has been said yet or not but one thing that aggravates me about MyBrute are the following:

1. Your brute has great weapons, but never uses them at all during the entire battle. Just f*cking stupid in my opinion.
2. Or your brute has some kickass weapons but chooses to use the little weak weapons in battle.
3. Or your brute using a weapon for 1 attack only then throws it away. Another ingenius tactic. lol

Agreed, that's why you get to choose your attacks, and defenses in Grim Arena.
Back to top Go down
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
ronga

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 23:56

Gal wrote:
@Ronga

I agree with most of what you suggest except for deciding how your brute fights in the arena. If player-based decisions were required prior to each fight then it would only be fair if both players were present for the fight to decide how their brutes use what they have and when they use it. If that were implemented then it would require a lot of waiting to start each fight and the fights don't even take a minute to end in most cases.

Well actually I'm against this: "player-based decisions were required prior to each fight".
You don't need to make decision prior to each fight. It is not required. What I suggest is, instead of everything so random, we are allowed to configure a bit about your Brute so it can fight better against other. For example we have something to do to influence a bit about its growth. We can configure what weapons the Brute equip, and so on.

Gal wrote:
Even worse is that people could reject your challenges if your brute is clearly superior so getting six XP a day would become a painfully slow and difficult process.

I like how the current system does. We lose nothing even if we lose the battle so we don't need reject challenges.
This makes all the process fast and smooth. No waiting time. That's a good thing.

Last edited by ronga on Tue 28 Apr 2009, 00:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
ronga

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 23:58

@justinjg

We still don't know what your game is about after a long discussion.
Please tell us what your game is about, and how you are going to differentiate your game from others, especially MyBrute.
Tell us more about you and your game so you can help you more.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 00:07

ronga wrote:
@justinjg

Please tell us what your game is about, and how you are going to differentiate your game from others, especially MyBrute.

The idea here is not to tell you everything our game is about, but to find out what you would like to see in an Arena flash based game, such as mybrute.com. We want to avoid the mistakes, if at all possible. So we're interested in what would make a great game for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 00:42

When's this game of yours gonna be up?
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 01:01

mantis33 wrote:
When's this game of yours gonna be up?

The more suggestions you guys give us, the quicker development will complete. :)
Back to top Go down
Showstopper

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 01:05

I dont want to read this all but a more in depth clan system will be appreciated. Such as clan battles and clan tourneys.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 01:16

Showstopper wrote:
I dont want to read this all but a more in depth clan system will be appreciated. Such as clan battles and clan tourneys.

We've already considered, and gave the flag on this to go forward. However, can I ask if you could be more detailed in your suggestion, as in how it would work - what all options/features you'd like?
Back to top Go down
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned
KiwiMan

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 04:39

Live chat system for freinds only, clan wars like full on clan tornaments 2v2 fights ect or more in clan wars like there can be a 2v2 tornament and a 1v1 tornament.
More pets possibly mounts more armours weapons ect.
I like the idea of randomly generated still but maybe get weapon upgrades ect?
Like everylevel spend points on either armour or your current weapon upgrade or something.
Back to top Go down
http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 06:03

hmm how about a battle system like Suikoden Does [Google it ]

Suikoden RPG Game on ps1 or ps2

best rpg game for me

and the clan war there hope it will be applied too
Back to top Go down
ronga
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
ronga

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 10:42

justinjg wrote:
ronga wrote:
@justinjg

The idea here is not to tell you everything our game is about, but to find out what you would like to see in an Arena flash based game, such as mybrute.com. We want to avoid the mistakes, if at all possible. So we're interested in what would make a great game for you. Wink

One question, Is it going to be a free game, or games which needs to pay?
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 12:06

ronga wrote:
justinjg wrote:
ronga wrote:
@justinjg

One question, Is it going to be a free game, or games which needs to pay?

The game will be free, the advanced features will require a "premium account", however it will not be anymore than $5.00 per month which is very affordable, and we will offer a yearly subscription that will save you money as well. However, the basic parts of the game will still be free.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 12:06

LilJazzY052 wrote:
hmm how about a battle system like Suikoden Does [Google it ]

Suikoden RPG Game on ps1 or ps2

best rpg game for me

and the clan war there hope it will be applied too

I'm not familiar with this game, could you maybe give us a break down of how it works?
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 12:08

KiwiMan wrote:
Live chat system for freinds only, clan wars like full on clan tornaments 2v2 fights ect or more in clan wars like there can be a 2v2 tornament and a 1v1 tornament.
More pets possibly mounts more armours weapons ect.
I like the idea of randomly generated still but maybe get weapon upgrades ect?
Like everylevel spend points on either armour or your current weapon upgrade or something.

Mounts! That's a pretty cool idea, but I'm not sure it's feasible for us to do by release. This is certainly something we will discuss - great idea! So you believe that skills should be random, but weapons, items, pets, armor.. etc should all be purchasable?
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 15:28

ok ok sir Justin
Back to top Go down
aub

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 04:19

justinjg wrote:

Honestly, the thing that annoys me the most about the game currently is the earning-exp-from-pupils-setup. There are so many cheaters using scripts or bots to level up quickly through generating thousands of pupils; it is extremely frustrating to see a tournament winner at level 53 who has only ever fought and won 10 in game battles. (Where is the skill involved to reach their ranking?) People who are playing the game honestly are forced to level up at an excruciatingly slow pace because you can only win a max of 6 exp points per day through fights and every level requires more exp than the previous to complete.

I do enjoy the random nature of the game but would also feel satisfied with a game where I have some form of choice such as earning exp points which I can then spend to purchase certain abilities (the better abilties costing more exp, obviously).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next