My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)

Go down 
+45
CaptainNintendo
Yaboirobby
xGREEDx
guncan
bamb@m
silverx123
hubabuba
MaximilianKohler
jose13
Neutrino
Deathwok
Stsin
baarker182
atnix
XxerykxX
kingg Daddy
zolcalibur23
Satellite31
Alexisonline
svea_
bloodyBlizzard
Kisuke
Yarken
neo_geo74
hayden84
Crator
ojune
1ceBabe
Rygl
FREDDY
Lone Wolf
steakdaddy
jutescycle
shark9r
kaixxpzs
cOpLT
Anylopectina12
mantis33
Charlie Jones
dicklips7
TR359
lostrophet
Ossionic
BobTheBear
heroinmonkey
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
kingg Daddy

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 20:17

I am having the same issue, however I am unable to locate "Mercury Interactive Corp" in my IE add-ons. I am thinking that this could be an issue...

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling QTP or is there a way to add the add-on?

Thanks for all your help BTB!!!
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 21:02

You certain it's not there?

You may need to scroll down to find it .... it was right at the bottom of my list. (Sorry, obvious I know but it's always best to ask!)

It may not being appearing because you are using vista .... 9.0 is not certified to work with vista. It seems to work for some people ... but not all.

Did the install of QTP go in clean? No problems? (ignore any install problems with the "sample" files ... they're pointless and have nothing to do with the app itself)

If you are going to un-install and re-install QTP you'll need to run a reg cleaner inbetween. The QTP un-installer is notoriously poor and leaves bits of itself behind.

Un-install the normal way then go here: http://knowledgeinbox.com/downloads/qtp/qtp-clean-uninstaller-tool/

Register (it's free), download and run the cleaner tool .... THEN do the re-install.

It may all be because you are on Vista, but a re-install is worth a try ...
Back to top Go down
kingg Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 21:10

Yeah, I am pretty sure its not there, I sorted the list and I also tried hitting "M" and the only item I had that started with M was Mcafee.

I will give the uninstall a shot here in a bit and see if that works.

Again, thanks for the help!!!
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 23:50

i guess i will quit with this bot
Back to top Go down
kingg Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 00:01

OK, I feel a little stupid because I ddint realize that "BHOManager Class" for "Mercury Interactive Corp..." was all the same thing. I did find the BHO Manager the first time and enabled it.

I completely uninstalled QTP and ran the cleaner utility then re-installed the app. Still getting the same thing. I stopped the script while it was running and looked at the tes results, I have a screen shot of one of the summary's thought this might help...

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Ezr2tl
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 00:34

Hmmm.

'Fraid that doesn't tell me much.

The only time it should be looking for a winbutton is if IE starts popping up error boxes.

Does it ever leave the mybrute homepage?

If it never gets as far as the cell of your first pupil, then it's failing to identify the IE window and it'll go nowhere. This seems to be the problem a lot of Vista people have with it.

I have download 9.5 (which is Vista certified) but I'm kind of loathe to install it and upgrade the script in case it messes up my entire (working) install!

I have a second PC I could try 9.5 on but it's a pretty old and slow PC .... and all my PC's run XP anyway so I still couldn't prove any guarantee it would work with Vista.
Back to top Go down
kingg Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 12:43

I went and downloaded and installed QTP 9.5 and now I get a different error when running. I have a screen shot for you...

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 25pnx1d

I am taking off for a while but I will check back later to see if you had any ideas.

Thanks again Bob
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 12:53

Right.

Now you have the same browser ID problem as lone wolf. (See several pages back)

Are all the settings I mentioned earlier for IE7 correct? (add-in enabled, tabbed off)

It all seems to be a problem with it not being able to see (and thus control) the browser.
Back to top Go down
kingg Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 01:47

BobTheBear wrote:
Right.

Now you have the same browser ID problem as lone wolf. (See several pages back)

Are all the settings I mentioned earlier for IE7 correct? (add-in enabled, tabbed off)

It all seems to be a problem with it not being able to see (and thus control) the browser.

Afraid of that... Oh Well, thanks for all your help Bob, I will hook you up with a few pupils here soon...
Back to top Go down
XxerykxX

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 13:05

I am getting problem... beacuse you have to open fight.xls (i downloaded programs to open it) and you have to edit it. change 3 columns and when i change it i close it and it is change to the same as before... pls anybody help me?? Sad
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 15:18

You don't have to change columns in fight.xls?

Just add your pupils names and save it.

You need MS Excel. If you don't have Excel ... the script won't work as it uses it.

No Excel = game over.

Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
XxerykxX

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 15:33

Where do i have to add pupils name???
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 16:09

in the first two colmns of the spreadsheet!

it tells you all this in the readme.txt .....
Back to top Go down
kingg Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 13:26

Hey Bob, Here is a Pupil for you, I will make you another whenever my IP chages.

http://to.btb.fm.kd1.mybrute.com/cellule
Back to top Go down
kingg Daddy

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:06

Here is another!!!

http://thanks.btb.mybrute.com/cellule
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:34

Thanks bud ... pupils are always appreciated. :)
Back to top Go down
atnix
atnix

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 08:41

@ BobTheBear

man i discovered your bot two days ago and it works great,
i'm pretty sure it'll help me a lot to level up my guys.
i really appreciate your work!

now i've been trying unfortunately with no luck to modify
your bot to train some pupils at "elbruto.es" but it goes
through the cells and doesn't do the fights for some reason.
seems to be that there's something missing, i've already check
every line of your code but since i don't know QTP i have no idea
what the problem is. No

could you plz help me out here?
thanks! Razz
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 09:00

Drop a PM to cratiira about the Spanish translation.

He also uses my script and is from Spain. I don't know how far he got with it, but I know he was having a go at translating it.

Not something I've had the time to look at myself unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
atnix
atnix

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 16:56

ok let me try that then.
thanks!
Back to top Go down
baarker182

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 00:03

I'm downloading Tfr3ak QTP now and sincerely hope this bot works.

i've been getting serious problems with reconnect.bat for other scrips, since i'm a newbie..
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 00:22

This is only a trainer ... it doesn't create pupils!
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 13:14

As I posted on another thread, got this to work with Virtual XP.

Problems I had and what I did to fix them:

IE8. Go to add/remove programs, select IE8 and uninstall. Should revert to IE6.

Upgrading Flash says installation has failed. Maybe due to it being emulated, but everything seems to work just fine. Atleast with Bob's trainer which is all that matters right now.

IE6 isn't compatible. Some IE faults opens a requestor box, which Bob's trainer doesn't get around. Upgrade to IE7 which doesn't do that. Plus Flash looks much better now.

No Excel. Acquire Office 2003 somewhere. Best skip later versions, most patches don't work, or atleast for long. I personally use Open Office.

Unable to find network during Office 2003 installation. Nice that Virtual XP can read mounted ISO's from the main OS. But not good enough. Burn the copy then install.

Need to install Visual Basic for Apps. What Excel says it needs partly through running Bob's trainer. Tried installing it through Excel, downloading and installing VB runtime, and restarting Office 2003 installation. They didn't work and usually got some error about some file I've never seen before. Solution: Uninstall Office 2003, then reinstall but don't choose the minimum installation. Either pick full or custom selecting most items for Excel.

Porting My Brute Manager config to Excel. I've rarely used spreadsheets and this took the longest to figure out. This is how I did it but I'm sure there's a better way. Copy the long list of aliases or brutes, but do partials if totals are in the hundreds. Past in a cell. Excel doesn't automatically do a delimiter option for semicolons like it does for commas. Special pasting with this doesn't show that option either. So should have one long row with all the names and semicolons. Then go to the menu Data > Text to Columns. Will have the option to select delimiter. Uncheck the space and select semicolon, then finish. Now all should be separated without the semicolons....but in one row. While all still selected, select all if not. Copy. Then Paste Special to a new cell. Select Transpose and now it's all in a nice column :) Sometimes a paste option icon shows up that helps set delimiter of what you just pasted, then sometimes not... not very consistent. Also after using text to columns for awhile, future pastes automatically do that. And it's helpful to use the first rows as a scratch pad, so can delete the rows easily when finished.

While running Bot's trainer. It stops on a pupil. Look at that Excel sheet that is open. The Alias name has to be exact, or it will stay there forever. Realized that My Brute Manager is pretty tolerant with that. If it looks the same, check for trailing spaces. Then some names don't get passed at all, like Dr. Spock. Stop QTP, fix alias in open spreadsheet, save, restart and should continue where it left off.

Pauses on the Fight screen. Make sure the Fight Button is fully shown. Mine was only partial, so I looked for the zooming option...I don't use IE, where was it? Before searching for long, I tried resizing the Virtual XP window by pulling the bottom edge down. Works... didn't know it did that.

Pauses with the Arena Selection showing. If character is high level, probably doesn't have enemies set for it. Add enemies of the appropriate level.

That's all I can remember right now. And with all that, it was very worth it. Ran it fully tonight on a new list of 700+ brutes. Paused a few times due to alias names in it's initial run through, but after that it was quick and flawless. I run it minimized enjoying the rhythmic clicking sound (can turn down the volume of Virtual XP if prefer). It did stop later halfway through leveling, checked for the cause and virtual XP was reinitializing... stupid MS auto security update. The beauty of it is that when restarted, it continues right where it left off.

Thanks Bob. This is much faster than ActionAz and all brutes are insured to level.

Here's some pupils :)
http://stsinpup1.mybrute.com/cellule
http://stpup2.mybrute.com/cellule
http://stpup3.mybrute.com/cellule
http://stpup4.mybrute.com/cellule
http://stpup5.mybrute.com/cellule
http://stpup6.mybrute.com/cellule
http://stpup7.mybrute.com/cellule

They'd normally all be level three, but someone's been leveling up the 0 level pupils, LOL
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 14:00

Thanks for the pups Stsin ... much appreciated.

bpx011 hasn't seen any of those for a while! lol ....

The thing with some name that contain special characters like . and / is it freaks QTP out as it tried to treat them as regular expressions and tries to interpret them as such. It can be coded round by instructing it to treat them as literals using OTHER regular expressions within the string in question ....

But I couldn't be arsed. Razz

Much easier just to not use special characters in your pupil names.

Some you will get away with but you are much better off sticking with letters and numbers only. :)
Back to top Go down
Deathwok
Deathwok

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 08:11

Thanks Bob, this works perfectly! Very Happy Only had one hiccup where I had an object not found error but that was because of my screen resolution.
Back to top Go down
Deathwok
Deathwok

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 09:32

One other thing I've noticed is that if a brute in the list no longer exists the url gets redirected to the the main page with:

http://mybrute.com/?name=<some invalid brute name>

QTP then stops, I think it tries to refresh the page rather than moving on to the next brute in the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)   New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Brute Trainer (QTP by BobTheBear)
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next