My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database

Go down 
+11
Rico
syberpro
silverx123
HongKongFui
Gavy™
Captain
bamb@m
mystorage
Ajdija
Maccaz
Eumigen
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Empty
PostSubject: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 22:35

Hi,

I'll try to post my first english tut ever.

subject: How to add own (handmade) Brutes to BC database.

1. download my tiny Names Decoder wich is able to encode the brute names too Wink here the LINK
2. download Squirrel and install it, after that connect it to your database as shown in this TUT
3. start the Names Decoder by doubleclick on the exe-file (if it dosn't start get the VB6 Runtime from Microsoft)

see the following Image:
[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute001

The textfield 'Name of the Brute' shows an example for how the Name and Domain must be set

4. edit the textfield 'Name of the Brute' that it shows your brutes name and the domain it's registred shown in the following Image
[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute002

For example: The name of the Brute is myCoolBrute and the domain is FR, it has to be separated by a semicolon as shown in the Image. No matter about the uppercase letters, Names Decoder forces lowercase for the brutes name Wink The domain should be uppercase!

5. click on the button 'cmdEncrypt', the encrypted name will be displayed in the textfield 'Encrypted Brute Name' as shown in the following Image

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute003

WARNING !!! If you are not common with SQL, do us all a favor and work allways on a copy, because you could destroy the database by misuse SQL!!!

6. Start Squirrel
7. Connect to the database
8. jump to the tab 'SQL'
9. type in the following statement in the textfield as shown in the Image below
Code:
Insert into Brutes (Name,ID,Level,Password) Values(X'c3f6447e8f461f57a33a385857f6',12345,3,'mySecretPW')

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute0041
Watch the apostrophes in the SQL-Statement for the varchars!!! (Name and Password)

Where is Name: the Encrypted Brute Name from my tiny tool, ID: the next free ID in the Table, Level: the actual level of the brute and Password: the Password for the brute.

10. mark the whole line in Squirrel an press the little running man as shown in the Image below

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute005

After that you should get a response from Squirrel as shown below

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute006

If it shows 1 Row(s) Inserted every thing is fine, and your brute was inserted to the BC database Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 22:37

German Tut

Hallo,

Hier nun mein Tut zum

Thema: Wie (selbsterstellte) Brutes zur BC database hinzugefügt werden.

1. downloade mein kleines Tool Names Decoder welches auch die Namen der Brutes verschlüsseln kann Wink Und hier der LINK
2. downloade Squirrel und installiere es, danach connecte auf deine Datebank wie in diesem tut gezeigt
3. Start den Names Decoder durch Doppelklick auf dem exe-file (wenn es nicht started dann installiere die VB6 Runtime von Microsoft)

das folgende Image zeigt das Tool:
[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute001

Das Textfeld 'Name of the Brute' zeigt ein Beispiel wie der Name und die Domain gesetzt werden müssen.

4. Editiere das Textfeld 'Name of the Brute' welches deinen Brutenamen und die Domain deiner brute enthalten sollte. Das folgende Bild zeigt ein entsprechendes Beispiel:
[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute002

Zum Beispiel: Der Name der Brute ist myCoolBrute und die Domäne ist FR, sie müssen durch ein Semikolon getrennt werden. Das folgende Image zeigt wie. Keine Sorge über die Uppercase Buchstaben, Der Names Decoder erzwingt die Brutenamen in lowercase. Die Domäne muss uppercase sein!

5. Kicke auf den Button 'cmdEncrypt', der verschlüsselte Name wird im Textfeld 'Encrypted Brute Name' angezeigt, wie im folgenden Image gezeigt

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute003

WARNUNG !!! Wenn Du dich nicht mit SQL auskennst, tue uns allen einen Gefallen und versuche all dies nur auf einer Kopie der Datenbank, weil Du deine Datenbank durch unsachgemäße Verwendung von SQL zerstören kannst!!!

6. Starte Squirrel
7. Verbinde dich mit der Datenbank
8. wechsle auf den Reiter 'SQL'
9. Gib da folgende Statement in dem Textfeld ein, so wie es im Image unten angezeigt wird
Code:
Insert into Brutes (Name,ID,Level,Password) Values(X'c3f6447e8f461f57a33a385857f6',12345,3,'mySecretPW')

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute0041
Beachte die Apostrophes im SQL-Statement für die varchars!!![/b] (Name and Password)

Der Name ist: der Encrypted Brute Name von meinem kleinen Tool, die ID: die nächste freie ID in der Tabelle, der Level: der aktuelle Level der Brute und das Passwort: das Passwort für die Brute.

10. markire die ganze Zeile in Squirrel und drücke den Button mit dem kleinen laufenden Mann wie im Bild unten gezeigt

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute005

Nachdem dies geschehen ist sollte die Statusbar das folgende anzeigen.
[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Addbrute006

Wenn die Anzeige folgendes anzeigt: 1 Row(s) Inserted dann ist alles OK, Very Happy

greetz Eumigen

Last edited by Eumigen on Sat 17 Oct 2009, 07:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 03:11

I fixed it for you :)
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 07:16

Maccaz wrote:
Tanx, what was the problem????
To much images or to long text?

Eumigen
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 07:21

Eumigen wrote:
Maccaz wrote:
Tanx, what was the problem????
To much images or to long text?

Eumigen

Well it was something to do with the formatting or something, I also just posted the english and german in separate posts.
Back to top Go down
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 07:47

great tut ! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ajdija.com
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 08:12

how can we generate the name id?
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 08:42

the tool generates the encrypted name only. it also requires name id when you insert a record. where can i get the name id from name decoder?
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 09:08

mystorage wrote:
the tool generates the encrypted name only. it also requires name id when you insert a record. where can i get the name id from name decoder?
Use SQL to get the last ID from the database and take the next higher one Wink

Here is the SQL-Statement:
Code:
SELECT MAX(ID) FROM BRUTES

enjoy
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:05

pardon my ignorance, but why would i do the select statement? the pupils are not yet in the database and i thought name id comes from the brute name ID.

e.g. db is clean without any pupils yet. I need to add my brute that wasn't generated from BC.

BRUTES TABLE
1. encyrpted name - done from the decrypt tool that you shared.
2. name id - missing
3. level and password- can be easily supplied.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:09

mystorage it is not NAME ID, it is ID of the position in the db of BC.

As there are none in there the ID of it would most likely be 1 or 0.

The ID refers to the line it is on or rather the brute number it is in the database.

Quote :

ID: the next free ID in the Table
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:20

i beg to disagree. actually. you dont need to put the name id. just insert with brute encrypted name, level and password.

when i tried running it via elbruto using BC, the name id was automatically generated during combat.

well, you can still correct me if im wrong. nobody's perfect. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:30

mystorage wrote:
i beg to disagree. actually. you dont need to put the name id. just insert with brute encrypted name, level and password.

when i tried running it via elbruto using BC, the name id was automatically generated during combat.

well, you can still correct me if im wrong. nobody's perfect. lol!
This might be, never tested it, but if its not a unique field it should work without ID.

Thanx for the hint
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:43

great post guys! now, everyone can enjoy BC!

1. those old pupils that were not created by the BC software.
2. delete brutes that were merged to someone else and even wasusuge pupils can be deleted
3. merge several db folders into one
4. or divide to several db folders if it has too many records for one db folder

for improvement suggestions:
i hope someone can put add-ons to the decrypt tool because it is too tedious to put each pupil especially if you have 1000+ pupils to generate the encrypted name before you insert them to the db
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:57

mystorage wrote:
for improvement suggestions:
i hope someone can put add-ons to the decrypt tool because it is too tedious to put each pupil especially if you have 1000+ pupils to generate the encrypted name before you insert them to the db
I tried to do it, but the Import-Function of Squirrel will not work with the type of the names field of BC databease, if we could get this running i will implement the new feature in my tool.

Has anyone get the Squirrel-Import running now?

Eumigen
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 11:59

Woo, I did it with a test db :) I checked the number before and it was one more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:01

Maccaz wrote:
Woo, I did it with a test db :) I checked the number before and it was one more Very Happy
The Import-Function or the SQL INSERT?????
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:06

The SQL Insert where you put a brute in the db Razz
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:07

well, squirrel import isn't working. dont know why. scratch
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:08

Maccaz wrote:
The SQL Insert where you put a brute in the db Razz
Thanx, but I hoped for the Import ...

@mystorage,
The Squirrel Import works, but not with the fuxxing type of name field.
Test it without names field and you will see that it works.
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:12

really, how? coz i tried exporting the db folder and then import but the result was db error.

if the name is blank. how will you populate it afterwards?
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 12:14

mystorage wrote:
if the name is blank. how will you populate it afterwards?
now, this exactly is the problem to get solved
Doing 100 after 100 of Inserts by Hand is a hard work ...
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 04:27

I just installed SQL and all that and got it running, but I encountered an error. I also see that you did not mention at least one step in the process. here is the image of my error (starting with a fresh database here):

Spoiler:

there, at the bottom, it says

"Error: Le schéma 'MARK' n'existe pas
SQLState: 42Y07
ErrorCode: 30000"

as you can see, it says my username, mark, does not exist. and yet, as you can see, I have good connection to my database:

Spoiler:

also, I see in the tutorial that there is a command code active in the SQL but no explanation of how to put it there, and that is the command "select * from brutes", which you can see is not present in my program.

Spoiler:

what do I need to do to make this work?

Edit: it makes no difference even when I try using a db that's already been filled with at least a few brutes. I tried using the command "SELECT MAX(ID) FROM BRUTES" that was given on the first page, and I get the same error message... scratch
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 05:18

For the alias you do not need a username and password.
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 07:36

Maccaz wrote:
For the alias you do not need a username and password.
That's right, the BC Database got no User and no Password.
Do it just so as shown in my Tut, only edit the 3 marked fields and everything will be fine Wink

greetz
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next