My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database

Go down 
+11
Rico
syberpro
silverx123
HongKongFui
Gavy™
Captain
bamb@m
mystorage
Ajdija
Maccaz
Eumigen
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
silverx123
silverx123

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:04

you need to enable "Apache Derby Embedded" first.

go to.

brutal-combo-1.2.001\lib\derby.jar
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:09

ok, did you go to the apache site and download the files you need?

in the instructions on the first page of this tutorial, you are to go to http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/SQuirreL_Derby.html and follow the instructions for downloading

that includes the files at this page: http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Latest+Official+Release

follow the links to: http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.5.3.0.cgi

and there you will download these four files:

http://apache.imghat.com/db/derby/db-derby-10.5.3.0/db-derby-10.5.3.0-bin.zip

http://apache.imghat.com/db/derby/db-derby-10.5.3.0/db-derby-10.5.3.0-lib.zip

http://apache.imghat.com/db/derby/db-derby-10.5.3.0/db-derby-10.5.3.0-lib-debug.zip

http://apache.imghat.com/db/derby/db-derby-10.5.3.0/db-derby-10.5.3.0-src.zip

once you download them, extract them all wherever you choose (I put all my sql stuff together)

then, open your directory to \db-derby-10.5.3.0-bin\lib and you will find the jar there taht you need for apache embedded
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:17

i think i made it work.. when i tried one .. i just change the directory like bamb@m said ..
but when i tried to put multiple pupils .. like 15 pupils i dunno what happened but it's now working ..
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:22

did you change the id for each one you put in, or they all had the same id?

if you did make a new id for each, try again and do just one line at a time like me. I ahven't had a problem yet
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:26

i didn't put any ID .. since i extract a new data folder
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:27

ok, can you show your problem in a screenshot?
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:35

ok.. after closing the SQL (cause It's getting in my nerve ) Very Happy
then re-open it again ... put another brute. it works fine .. and i got 3 brutes in my data now ...
but after puttin another brute here's the error ...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:40

notice it said it would have created a duplicate key? that means you probably got too hasty and didn't change the id number. for each brute you add, just take the max number, like 100, and go one up to 101.

since you are creating a new database, and you said you have no numbers, try just doing one at a time. it might be a bit slower, but at least they should all get in. if it doesn't work that way at all anymore, I can't say why silver was able to do 8k all at once with no ID, but it seems you'll have to start adding id's to your brutes...
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:43

I think it's done for now .. i already put 19 brutes for the meantime.. i did it one at a time ... so what's next? do i have to save or what? thanks fot the time
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:51

you don't need to save anything in sql, I already tested it. once you put it in the bc db, it is in no matter whether you try saving your sql data or not. if you really wanted to save your sql data, you'd be prompted to select a place to save it (unnecessary)
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:53

ok.. did it .. close it ..
then open the BC ... but the combats didn't work ...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:03

I just tried to do a multiple at once and it failed, so unless you are merging like silver, I think it always has to be one at a time...

and are you putting your brutes on the COM server? if so, it's still down so combats will not work for now...
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:05

mine it's work.:)
without ID...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:07

did you put date ? or password ?
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:09

what do you mean date? the brutes are unpassworded
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:11

is there an error when you try to run combats? do you have opponents in your list? or is it something else? please describe in better detail
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:14

if you open Squirrel you can see date at the End table. but i thing if you put new database it shuld be okey. cause if you have date=today... you need to adjust your time. for tomorrow.
combat.
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:16

my folder is new ... dunno what's the problem ...
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:50

opponents in your list?
opponents lvl ?
if you have pupil lvl 12.
i thing you need oppnent lvl 10,11,12,13.
if already done... i dont know what a probelm.... sorry...
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 08:51

It's already complete...
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 09:00

and bc confirmed you have the proper opponents for the appropriate levels?
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 09:55

yup.. it confirms ...
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 10:12

guys, i think it is time to offer service to put client's pupils in the BC folder. It is intended for worry free activity to mybrute players or having difficulty to add pupils in the BC database.

Here are various ways:

1. consolidate multiple BC data folders into 1 BC data folder
2. separate one big BC data folder to various data folders
3. add existing pupils (NOT created in BC) to BC folder (with or without password). This replaces old fashioned auto-scripts where you automate the combats using QTP, actionaz, etc. and it takes very long time to complete. With BC, combats would be very fast with just one click combat in normal situations (e.g. not during BE and TM, bad internet connection, etc).

who wants to start?

PM me if someone needs help.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 16:21

gaviel wrote:
my folder is new ... dunno what's the problem ...
mail me your little database to: eumigen(at)gmail.com I'll have a lok at it, perhabs I see what the problem is.

@all,
nice to see that you all help each other, great work cheers

A few things on SQL-databases, if you have made a change on the datasets, its done, thats means nothing to save but also no undo :!:
So please try your first steps on emty test-databases or copies of databases :!:

greetz
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 05:21

ok, I ran a name test with a fresh db to see which names work in the converter.

I used aesop's flux, and here are the variations:

aesop's flux (actual name)

aesop'sflux (random variation)

aesops-flux (link name)

once I had those three put in the db, I ran bc for it, and the only one that worked was aesops-flux, which means you must use the link name for a brute when you are converting it into bc

and, for inputting the names into the bc db, even if it is manual, you can put in more than one at a time like the other guy did (sorry, I don't have that page open to name him), you can do it this way:

Insert into Brutes (Name,Level,Password) Values(X'encryptname1',lvl,'pass');
Insert into Brutes (Name,Level,Password) Values(X'encryptname2',lvl,'pass');

just substitute your info and hit the running man. you do not need the id, as it will be designated when bc runs combats, as speculated before.

if you do not put the ";" at the end of each line you will encounter an error. putting the ; tells sql that there is more than one line to input at once

Last edited by bamb@m on Tue 20 Oct 2009, 06:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next