My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database

Go down 
+11
Rico
syberpro
silverx123
HongKongFui
Gavy™
Captain
bamb@m
mystorage
Ajdija
Maccaz
Eumigen
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bamb@m
bamb@m

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 07:47

ok, thanks. that's what I get for following the instructions in the apache tut as well as yours... geek

now I have just one more question. if I made a pupil without a password, if it try to add a password as I input the brute into bc, will the password work, or would something get screwed up?

Last edited by bamb@m on Sun 18 Oct 2009, 07:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 08:06

bamb@m wrote:

now I have just one more question. if I made a pupil without a password, if it try to add a password as I input the brute into bc, will the password work, or would something get screwed up?
If the brute wa created without a password you have to insert it into the database without a password. Otherwise BC could not fight the brute!

To insert a brute without PW to the database use the following SQL-Statement:
Code:
Insert into Brutes (Name,ID,Level) Values(X'c3f6447e8f461f57a33a385857f6',12345,3)

or:

Code:
Insert into Brutes (Name,ID,Level,Password) Values(X'c3f4447e8f461f57a33a385857f6',12345,3,'')

Just leave the PW away or add an empty PW Wink

greetz
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 08:12

ok, leaving it with no ' ' will same some time, cause I was going to do it that way if I had to... good thing we have this brutal error going on, gives me more time to get things done before I use them in a fight Very Happy

thanks to all of you who took the time to figure this out. now I can do all my fights in bc instead of a bc/qtp mix, and I can go back to IE8! (I miss my tabs Razz )

Edit: I tested without the ' ' for a non-passworded brute and there was an error. it only accepts the file if you include a blank ' ' representing no password.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 10:00

I don't normally double-post, but this is a totally different question from before, so:

can you answer one more question for me? I just added over 60 pupils to bc, and when I checked how many pupils are in bc, the increase matched the number I just added. however, when I check if they are actually in the data by exporting the names, they are not on the list.

why would he number of pupils in bc increase but the extra pupils would not be listed in the exported names list?

I asked the same in pm, Eumigen, just in case you would see that faster than this...
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 10:11

The stats and skills don't get worked until combats is fought I think :)
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 10:21

so when you export the data, it only shows a brute if it's been fought in bc before, and if it hasn't and there's no fight data, it will not even display the name? I guess I'll keep working at it and hope it shows them all after I fight them after the BRUTAL ERROR Mad

thanks for letting me know that, since i know it's a bit different from the earlier question about stats alone.
Back to top Go down
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 12:44

i'm kind of newbie of this stuff.. so i need the help to add my pupils [that i create manually] into BC data folder.. who are kind enough to help me,, just drop me a PM.. thanks in advance..
Back to top Go down
http://www.cikedis.com
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 13:09

@bamb@m,
I think Maccaz is right, it seems to belong to the missing imestamp in the database.
The timestamp will be set automaticly if the brute has fought in the arena.
When the number of Brutes in the database increases by adding them it seams to be OK.
You may check that out when you have done the Combats on Monday when myBrute hopefully works again.

@Captain,
you have to be more precise on the problem.
What is not working?
Do you get your database connected?
Do you have a problem inserting the pupils by SQL-Statement or what?

BTW: PM is not the right way, it is better to post here, other's might have the same problem, and you will get help earlier in this thread Wink

greetz
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 17:29

could you make a full tutorial on this? on how to connect the squirrel properly to the database? cause there are bunch of tutorial in the link..and i really don't know what to read.. sorry I'm really a newbie at this one
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 17:54

gaviel wrote:
could you make a full tutorial on this? on how to connect the squirrel properly to the database? cause there are bunch of tutorial in the link..and i really don't know what to read.. sorry I'm really a newbie at this one

think then you should just leave this...like me :)

one question if its worth learning this: how long does it take to add 5000 pupils to BC if you know what you do?
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 18:08

But I really want to know how to use this one.. so if there's anyone who would be kind enough to exert an effort in making a full and specified tut,, i would really appreciate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 19:29

@bitchy bastard,
5000 Pupils, thats hard work, for a week or so ...
But I think we will find another way to do this in a batch job.

@gaviel,
have you tried it jet?
You only need to install Squirrel, do as described in the chapter Configuring SQuirreL for the Derby Embedded JDBC Driver of the sun tut and then follow my little addon-tut, thats not so difficult, and it has pictures ...

Just try it, we will help you if you got problems.

greetz
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 19:40

i already tried it but i got some errors ... I'll take a screenshot later .. i need to go to sleep Very Happy .. take many hours finding a way to work this out ... and about getting the ID.. I can't work it out...
Back to top Go down
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 21:35

who can help me to add my pupils into BC data folder?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cikedis.com
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 01:47

damn, I knew I was forgetting one more important thing. now we all know that if you create a name like bamb@m, the acceptable link name would be bambm because mybrute does not put special characters in the link.

I tried one named "aesop's flux" and the name converter shortened it to aesop'sflux, but it left the ' in there, which is not part of the link name of that brute.

for a brute with a special character, @ or _ or even just a space between parts of the name like "my brute", when you are putting the name in the converter, do you use the link name "my-brute" or the actual name and leave all special characters in there? or, is there just no hope of putting in brutes with special characters?
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 04:06

Im done insert & merge my database total insert 8k
cheers
Squirrel done very fast. i thing in 1 ~ 2 minute upload database.

not insert ID , dont know it stil work or not.

only hard to edit this one, it take half day.
Code:

Insert into Brutes (Name,Level,Password) Values(X'dde34e7c94404a4bed0d122e',1,'');
Insert into Brutes (Name,Level,Password) Values(X'dde34e7c8e4e1e42ed0d122e',1,'');
Insert into Brutes (Name,Level,Password) Values(X'dde34e7c8f524a4fed0d122e',1,'');

Spoiler:

thank Eumigen cheers
Back to top Go down
Eumigen
VIP
VIP
Eumigen

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 05:49

bamb@m wrote:
... or, is there just no hope of putting in brutes with special characters?
Oh, hats no problem today, just take the name from the link, it works. Or i implement it in my tool, that special character will be replaced, thats no porblem.

Just give me a little Help on it by collecting a list like this:

Code:

Name              |  Link Name
------------------------------------------
my Cool Brute      |  my-Cool-Brute
Ma$terBla$ter      |  MaterBlater
...                |  ......
so that I can see how to replace the special chars. I knew a few, but to get them all, please help me collecting them.

@Captain,
tell us your problem and we will help you.

thanx
Eumigen
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 06:07

here's the screenshot for error that I'm getting...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 06:24

Eumigen, in captain's case, I think he doesn't want to even try to add it for himself.

captain, I am a newbie at this too. this is my first time (and probably the only time I'll ever use it), and I am relying on these kind people to help me when I get stuck, rather than having them do all the work for me.

back to eumigen, here's my list from qtp:

Spoiler:

@ gaviel: can you send another screen shot showing your alias list to show where you have the url direcetd to on your computer?
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 06:39

is this the one you're looking for?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 06:46

yeah, that's it. see how yours says "create = true"? that is because you did not yet point it to your actual bc db folder. open your db folder, and copy the address path you see in the folder and put that in the alias you are creating, as "jdbc:derby:(your db file address)", without the quotes or parentheses

mine would be:

jdbc:derby:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\brutal-combo-1.2.00\data\db
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 06:57

gaviel wrote:
here's the screenshot for error that I'm getting...

Spoiler:

hi,
gaviel. look like you dont have table-brutes.

you have this one ?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 06:58

how about the jar file to be opened?
the first procedure is to highlight "Apache Derby Embedded" then click the pencil tool /..
then extra class path then add ... here's the screenshot ..
Spoiler:

to be more precise what file should i open? there's no jar files in the data folder ...
Back to top Go down
silverx123
silverx123

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:01

gaviel wrote:
how about the jar file to be opened?
the first procedure is to highlight "Apache Derby Embedded" then click the pencil tool /..
then extra class path then add ... here's the screenshot ..
Spoiler:

to be more precise what file should i open? there's no jar files in the data folder ...

go to.

brutal-combo-1.2.001\lib\derby.jar
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 07:02

I have that table and that's the file i opened
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database   [TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] How to add own Brutes to BC database
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next